3DXChat Community

Plane or Boat?

AllisonStarlove

A friend of mine and I had a interesting discussion last night. She is planning a trip to the USA and is trying to decide if she would take a plane or a boat. Amount of time spent traveling is not a worry.
Then we had some fun with this, WHAT IF the mode of transportation you chose had a catastrophe (Crashed or Sank)

Would you rather be on the boat or the plane.

On the plane you had a better chance of an instant death, where as the boat you could drown of wait for the sharks to come (unless you were lucky enough to be in a lifeboat with no water your could drink (cant drink sea water) and a long drawn out death but a very bad chance of rescue.

On the other hand the plane if it made a soft landing might stay afloat or might not.

Whats your choice and why :)

---My Choice

I would rather explode quickly than re-enact the Titanic :) because if the other people were anything like the assholes on our honeymoon cruise it would be every person for themselves aboard the ship.

There is like no chance a plane would make a soft landing on the ocean.

But I love planes, so i rather be on a plane than boat

You forgot about the miracle of Hudson River.

120323095255-hudson-miracle-us-airways-f

I know its probably most unlikely but I wouldnt say no chance :)

Well, it stands to reason, in flight a airliner is air tight as it gets pressurized at altitude, so if its air tight its water tight and given enough inside air, it could float. IF it was soft enough landing the radio would still be working and would still have fresh water and food, not to mention having waste disposal (toliet). A life boat lost at sea would be pretty uncomfortable in that aspect, again IF it survived the belly flop into the water

I tried to tell her not to risk going to someplace like Los Angles that has twice the population of NZ in one city. But you cant talk to her when she gets something in her head (sounds like someone I know), I think she is going to opt for the ship though, I don't think she could handle being couped up in a plane for 15 hours (non-stop Auckland to LAX) and shes a smoker..

Pick the plane if you want to die in a horrible fireball before hitting the water, or land. Least with a ship, even if something goes wrong you get a shot at being rescued.. just dont cheap out on the tix and get stuck in the hold.