3DXChat Community

The Slow Dance

Brandaen

Hey guys, I just wanted to know what people's opinions are on this topic.  I've had quite a few conversations over my time here on the subject and I'm always amazed at just how diverse the views can be.

The basic question is this:  Do you consider the Slow Dance an act of intimacy and/or progression?  If so, how intimate is it?  If not, then why request it (or accept it) in a non-intimate / non progressive situation?

There is no right or wrong answer, please reply honestly and back it up with reasons if possible.

I do consider it an intimate activity. Especially since it opens up the way for the kissing pose. I sometimes think kissing is more intimate than sex so I'm very careful before I accept these requests. Seen that way, it is an act of progression for the other persons, since it means I'm clearly open to more.

I only accept a dance request when the person already talked to me AND I like them/am interested in them.

Definitely kinda intimate from the body language but it can be non-sexually intimate no?

I do think that since there is no option to refuse a kiss from this pose it's tricky. I'd slow dance with people I wouldn't necessarily let kiss me, I think people should always ask or signpost their kiss in rp if they're gonna go for it in this pose to give their partner the option to pull away/defuse the situation like irl.

I don't see dancing with someone as cheating on your significant other but kissing definitely is. Maybe that's just me.

Personnaly, i think It's an intimate act but it depends of the intimacy level you have with your dance partner.

This is not necessarily a progression to a next sexual act.

It can be a lovely and a romantic moment where you feel alone in the world with your partner.

It can be just a talk with a good friend, to share confidences or comfort someone who is little sad.

Like Brandaen said, there is no right or wrong answer, it depends only of your own behavior and that you really are.

Guest SoFlaBoy

I personally see the slow dance as perhaps the most intimate act in the game.  The body language, the unblockable kiss and the fact there is a request / accept mechanic support this notion.

Why do I think the slow dance can be more intimate than sex?  During sex, you are usually emoting sex...showing your cyber prowess (or lack thereof..lol).  There is usually not a lot of room for getting to know someone or sharing on the level that a slow dance allows.  I know its a game, but lets translate the slow dance to the real world and ask yourself if your 'friend' was in trouble or needed to talk or was sad, would you engage with them in the manner of a 3DX slow dance?  Body to body, face to face, hands on ass, hands wrapped around back/shoulders, swaying gently lost in each others gaze?  I would think not...  Why not take said friend to the beach and sit under a tree if the desire is to comfort?  The chat mechanics don't change at all...you can still talk to and support your 'friend' while standing, dancing or sitting next to them and continuing to chat.

To me, it's certainly a progressive act because there really is no other reason to offer or accept the request unless you have decided, 'you know, standing separately and speaking with this person just isn't cutting it anymore.  I would like to get intimate with this person as I described above..body to body, face to face, etc.  You also have to trust this person is not going to try an unsolicited kiss, so in essence you are 'accepting' the fact that this could happen because of the the button you just pressed that allowed the slow dance to begin with.

Just my $.02.

I agree with mysterico's  point of view, however your BF,GF or lover must be secure in the way you feel about them. If there is even a speck of doubt in your faithfulness then don't do it. It's not worth the the pain or drama it may cause.

Guest SoFlaBoy

I'm not sure it's a security / insecurity issue, Cat.  One can be very secure in the way their lover feels and still be deeply wounded by their behavior, even if it was innocent.

I believe it's all about understanding your partner's tolerances and honoring them.  Some tolerate sex with others, some do not.  I don't think the difference here has anything to do with security and everything to do with the dynamics of that particular relationship.

I think it really depends. I slow dance with friends too, that are in an exclusive relation with someone else. It is just a very good setting for a nice chat. Of course there is a risk for an unwanted kiss, but that's a question of trust. And the same kinda goes for people you just met, sometimes it is intimate, sometimes it is just chatting.

I think for me it is the most Intimate, sensual and romantic thing in the game. I dislike when someone sends me a request to slow dance. Even if i know them as a friend. I have done it on occasion but it feels like a lie.. Like i don't know this person enough to be staring into their eyes and sharing this. 

I Like to keep that one pose for people i am really into.. Only people i am truly intimate with, Or am about to be..  Especially the kissing..The dancing i may slip a few times and accept from a friend i know, but it stays at that and if they try to steal kiss i get mad... :D 

Me and my favorite special person have a rule.. We go as far as to not read or respond to personal messages or local chat when we are dancing and kissing... We just want to phase right out and forget about everything around us and just enjoy it. I would also never ever bug someone with a pm if they are slow dancing and kissing. That is how seriously great i think the pose is... If i did it with every tom dick, harry and jane i meet. I would worry it may lose its spark. :X

Indeed, i forget the kissing part...

It's the most intimate act you can do with someone for me. When i was newbie here and i met and danced with a girl who i really like, i always asked her permission to kiss before i do.  :)

Sometimes it happens naturally but it's a question of feelings between your partner and yourself. It depends of the mood, of the moment.

You should feel that normally when you talk with your partner.  ;)

No one really asks me to slow dance much :( i'm going on day 3 and i get 30 invites for partners and to see people's homes but no one wants to dance....{hint hint nudge nudge NUDGE HINT!!! poke poke} could be my awesome lewd name and awesome lewd profile. So there you go people if you see me online be like "hey it's the blue haired new girl wanna dance?" as for whether it's intimate or not. I think its cute watching when a guy avatar and girl avatar are kissing ever notice how it look like the girls on her tippie toes to kiss the boy. Friggin Cute! <3

No one really asks me to slow dance much :( i'm going on day 3 and i get 30 invites for partners and to see people's homes but no one wants to dance....{hint hint nudge nudge NUDGE HINT!!! poke poke} could be my awesome lewd name and awesome lewd profile. So there you go people if you see me online be like "hey it's the blue haired new girl wanna dance?" as for whether it's intimate or not. I think its cute watching when a guy avatar and girl avatar are kissing ever notice how it look like the girls on her tippie toes to kiss the boy. Friggin Cute

I tried sneaking in your room and waking you up for slow dance.... poked you, prodded you, screamed at you to wake up,,Even tickled your toes... Not the Communities fault you sleep like a drunk polar bear :D  hehe

I shall sum up my interpretation of the slow dance in a few words.

If you kiss my neck you are not leaving unfucked. Just saying. My neck is sensitive :P

The slow dance I see as quite intimate. Looking dreamily (or drunkenly) into each other's eyes, soft touches, gentle swaying, bodily warmth so close, perhaps a kiss, perhaps not. Just the way I see it.

I tried sneaking in your room and waking you up for slow dance.... poked you, prodded you, screamed at you to wake up,,Even tickled your toes... Not the Communities fault you sleep like a drunk polar bear :D  hehe

{makes drunken roaring and grunting sounds before going back to bed} =) Everyone slow dance with the Nymph!!!! it will bring you good luck >=)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Eclipse

I see the slow dance as intimate...

During the dance I sometimes like panning around our bodies especially depending on what you're wearing (I like cute butts).

Then depending on how well our conversation is going I might zoom in on your face because it makes chatting a little more exciting.

I like reading your profile and if its going really good I might try to find your members profile to learn even more about your likes.

So the slow dance for me is intimate and may progress from there dependent on our conversation...