3DXChat Community

Allowing players to moderate their own in-game rooms and in-Forum topics

Sage Stoner

Maybe Briana doesn't realise that mice are cute, furry and have great taste (/me waves the union jack and shouts 'english westcountry cheese is best')

Isn't it best we brie friends

So Briana is Quebequois. Sadly my Quebec friend left so I can't translate the expletive.

Seriously though, during the time this thread has been running I've done a little research and looked at forums associated with other virtual worlds (SecondLife, Inworldz, Kitely - yeah there's more than I thought), including some really dodgey sex sites which I won't list because it's too embarrassing. In none of them, and I mean none, of them do you see the kid of awful behaviour you get on the forums here. If you don't believe me go and have a look for yourself. (btw - don't come to me now saying I'm advertising alternatives, nothing can justify anybody for behaving like an arse)

Clearly anybody using the forums as a source to help decide which to chose will not get a good impression of 3dx Chat. Think on that those of you who spoil virtually every thread.

If I were looking to join a dfferent virtual world now it certainly would not be 3dx Chat. As I've said before, if it weren't for the wonderful friends I have in 3dx I would never have rejoined after my rl got back on an even keel.

I cannot see how the awful behaviour shown in this forum can in anyway support Gizmo's attempts to build his business. Clearly the time has come for something to give.

Lastly - if you look back at all threads that have been trashed, and remember the deleted ones, you'll see a pattern developing. Almost a formula with both people and their posts. Do these people really think that is funny, clever, interesting. Bascially anything other than idiotic. It makes them look like fools, it makes Gizmo's product look bad and doesn't reflect well on Gizmo himself.

It makes them look like fools, it makes Gizmo's product look bad and doesn't reflect well on Gizmo himself.

Personally, I agree with you. But that is apparently what he wants because he certainly isn't doing anything to address the situation. 

So Briana is Quebequois. Sadly my Quebec friend left so I can't translate the expletive.

Seriously though, during the time this thread has been running I've done a little research and looked at forums associated with other virtual worlds (SecondLife, Inworldz, Kitely - yeah there's more than I thought), including some really dodgey sex sites which I won't list because it's too embarrassing. In none of them, and I mean none, of them do you see the kid of awful behaviour you get on the forums here. If you don't believe me go and have a look for yourself. (btw - don't come to me now saying I'm advertising alternatives, nothing can justify anybody for behaving like an arse)

Clearly anybody using the forums as a source to help decide which to chose will not get a good impression of 3dx Chat. Think on that those of you who spoil virtually every thread.

If I were looking to join a dfferent virtual world now it certainly would not be 3dx Chat. As I've said before, if it weren't for the wonderful friends I have in 3dx I would never have rejoined after my rl got back on an even keel.

I cannot see how the awful behaviour shown in this forum can in anyway support Gizmo's attempts to build his business. Clearly the time has come for something to give.

Lastly - if you look back at all threads that have been trashed, and remember the deleted ones, you'll see a pattern developing. Almost a formula with both people and their posts. Do these people really think that is funny, clever, interesting. Bascially anything other than idiotic. It makes them look like fools, it makes Gizmo's product look bad and doesn't reflect well on Gizmo himself.

It's not Gizmo products looking bad by what we replied with meme and trolling or on wtfs comments left u don't like in your posting, it's simply you who looking BAD,c'mon, if you can't deal with that, just stop starting new topix, The way you talking ,you would like to see ppl's like me getting definitely banned from this forum for what we do, fuck off!

Guest ameliaUK

Well I work in marketing for digital media and of course there is the old saying about there being no such thing as 'bad publicity' :)

But in all seriousness, I very much doubt anyone decides whether to play a game based on the quality of comments on a forum. Most forums are full of idiots and trolls. What are 3dxchat's USPs? Fantastic graphics, the new world editor, interactive cybersex, a large community, these are the things that consumers will look at and the things that matter to new players. It matters that 3dx has better graphics than RLC; that the sex is interactive unlike Thrixxx; that the world is bigger and customisable compared to Eros Island etc etc.

Probably I shouldn't have mentioned competitors' names there, I am very sorry :/  But I was being nice about 3dx, right?! :)

So to sum up, let's end this nonsense and agree that forum politics aren't going to be a big problem to 3dx. Because they won't be. If anything, new players who might be concerned about some of the comments on forum probably will just not bother going to forum! There's enough variety of people in the game to more than make up for this.

But I will just say, as someone who doesn't post much here but keeps an occasional eye on things, that some of you really need to grow up and stop the pointless point scoring (sorry, contradiction in terms that!), just because it make you feel better about yourselves. For goodness sake, have some self-respect.

Just because you can say it, just because action isn't taken against you, doesn't mean you should be saying those things. Be nice!

Maybe Briana doesn't realise that mice are cute, furry and have great taste (/me waves the union jack and shouts 'english westcountry cheese is best')

Isn't it best we brie friends

I love brie puns.

Did you here about the explosion at the French cheese factory? De-brie everywhere.

Personally, I agree with you. But that is apparently what he wants because he certainly isn't doing anything to address the situation.

I think gizmo has enough common sense to realise that there is no “situation”. For example, a sarcastic jokey thread is posted about men and a few people post some witty jokey memes in return and all of a sudden it turns serious. If I make a joke about women I can guarantee that there will be the same 2-3 people take it seriously. On more serious threads, I am also completely comfortable having unpopular viewpoints, and I don’t just do it because I want to provoke or troll. I do it because I am opinionated, I don’t follow the status quo, I like a good discussion. I am also open to having my views changed if you can present a valid argument.

In the jokey threads, if you can’t take people joking back, then don’t start a thread in a public forum. In the more serious topics, if you can’t take people having a differing viewpoint, then don’t start a thread. Just because of our gender and life experiences doesn’t make either of us experts, but at least we can have a conversation without people derailing the conversation with hysteria.

In places where there is an actual problem, like the Jimmy alts, then he does take action.

On more serious threads, I am also completely comfortable having unpopular viewpoints, and I don’t just do it because I want to provoke or troll. I do it because I am opinionated, I don’t follow the status quo, I like a good discussion. I am also open to having my views changed if you can present a valid argument.

That is probably the single most disingenuous thing you have said in the last two months. 

It seems to me that you take things out of context, provoke capriciously, and as long as you yourself find what you write amusing, you couldn't care less about how other people respond to you posts.  

All of which is well within your rights. 

But don't insult our intelligence by turning around and saying that you "don't just want to provoke or troll." That is simply hypocritical beyond belief, because almost nothing that you have said in any of the recent threads is particularly thought provoking. And as far as you being open to having your views changed, show me one time that you have both acknowledged that someone else had made a valid point and presented a cogent counter-argument that indicated you had modified your views somewhat. 

That is probably the single most disingenuous thing you have said in the last two months. 

It seems to me that you take things out of context, provoke capriciously, and as long as you yourself find what you write amusing, you couldn't care less about how other people respond to you posts.  

All of which is well within your rights. 

But don't insult our intelligence by turning around and saying that you "don't just want to provoke or troll." That is simply hypocritical beyond belief, because almost nothing that you have said in any of the recent threads is particularly thought provoking. And as far as you being open to having your views changed, show me one time that you have both acknowledged that someone else had made a valid point and presented a cogent counter-argument that indicated you had modified your views somewhat. 

Okay, firstly that is a bit rich saying, “that is the most disingenuous thing you have said in 2 months”. You do make some ridiculous statemements for someone who thinks of himself as intelligent.

There have been times when I have admitted when I have gone too far and spoken off the cuff, and I have apologised for it. And believe it or not I have read every single post and link anyone posted in the rape thread. I don’t just flip-flop on issues, but anyone who has known me since when I started have probably seen my viewpoints evolve/devolve slowly over time and respect that I come at things with good intentions.

Lastly, I don’t need to increase the size of my font, use long words to appear more intelligent than I actually am, and don’t need to be generally condescending towards people to make my point, Sage.

Lastly, I don’t need to increase the size of my font, use long words to appear more intelligent than I actually am, and don’t need to be generally condescending towards people to make my point, Sage.

Everyone's monitor and screen size is different. So sorry if making fonts big enough for me to read comfortably on my screen offends your sensibilities. And as far as being condescending is concerned, I learned it from reading your posts. 

I wasn’t going to post on this thread just yet but a convo in game this morning brought up two things that made a connection for me. First there’s a document available, I don’t have the link but I gather Sagie knows which one I mean so maybe he can post it. The idea is that trolls tend to troll according to mood and time of day. 10pm to 3am. Most people don’t troll so much at other times. Sunday and Monday nights being the worst ‘cos they’re feeling crap after the weekend.

There was a paper that came out when I was doing my teacher training about how bullies tend to become like pack animals when they have a common victim. They don’t get together and plot nastiness it’s something instinctive.

I guess the point being that if you don’t want to become part of a troll attack you should avoid posting when a lot of nastiness is happening and not on Sunday and Monday nights when you’re pissed off about something. Now that’s using ‘you’ in the way we brits often do - like somewhere between the second and third person.

I think this is pertinent here because it is something anybody can do to self moderate. The other is perhaps to check and double check what you’ve written before posting. There is, apparently, software available that makes you do this.

I wasn’t going to post on this thread just yet but a convo in game this morning brought up two things that made a connection for me. First there’s a document available, I don’t have the link but I gather Sagie knows which one I mean so maybe he can post it. The idea is that trolls tend to troll according to mood and time of day. 10pm to 3am. Most people don’t troll so much at other times. Sunday and Monday nights being the worst ‘cos they’re feeling crap after the weekend.

There was a paper that came out when I was doing my teacher training about how bullies tend to become like pack animals when they have a common victim. They don’t get together and plot nastiness it’s something instinctive.

I guess the point being that if you don’t want to become part of a troll attack you should avoid posting when a lot of nastiness is happening and not on Sunday and Monday nights when you’re pissed off about something. Now that’s using ‘you’ in the way we brits often do - like somewhere between the second and third person.

I think this is pertinent here because it is something anybody can do to self moderate. The other is perhaps to check and double check what you’ve written before posting. There is, apparently, software available that makes you do this.

What time is it now? Oh! No! It's time to go to the church praying for you than trolling here. yeap.

Guest ameliaUK

passive-aggressive

[adjective]

of or denoting a type of behaviour or personality characterized by indirect resistance to the demands of others and an avoidance of direct confrontation.

Now that’s using ‘you’ in the way we brits often do - like somewhere between the second and third person.

One does not use the personal pronoun You in the third person unless one is pretending to be American. Tsk, tsk, tsk! ( ... the sound of hand-wringing ... )