#41 Chilles

Chilles

โ„ฑ๐“ต๐”‚๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ โ„‹๐“ช๐”€๐“ด

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • Location๐”Š๐”ข๐”ฏ๐”ช๐”ž๐”ซ๐‘ฆ

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:07 PM

I agree that it is an issue with 3dxchat because none of this was an issue until the world editor update.

You've this problems too?

Is there someone who have similar problems with streams of alternate stream providers than Geckohost?

Well as I said before the switcher doesn't works correct like it was before. I did notice when music gets disabled works the switching on often only after an rejoin :unsure:

#42 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:55 PM

Well I will not name someone if they don't do so themselves  .... But a room owner came in and asked if I had a solution because they have the same problem .... They are using Listen2myradio .

#43 Chilles

Chilles

โ„ฑ๐“ต๐”‚๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ โ„‹๐“ช๐”€๐“ด

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • Location๐”Š๐”ข๐”ฏ๐”ช๐”ž๐”ซ๐‘ฆ

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:15 PM

Just about the switch on/off problem they should give the last fix an second view, I agree :)

• sputnik likes this

#44 JessicaX

JessicaX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:50 AM

You've this problems too?

Is there someone who have similar problems with streams of alternate stream providers than Geckohost?

Well as I said before the switcher doesn't works correct like it was before. I did notice when music gets disabled works the switching on often only after an rejoin :unsure:

I only had issues before when others did. They patched and it's been fine. I also had issues when I tried the 64-bit client but as soon as I reverted back, the problem went away. Then I had problem again when I used the DLL but then i learned it was because the DLL version was a previous version. The DLL is nice with the world editor because of some added shortcuts and ability to slow camera down.

But i do notice it seems like more others have issues with streams. I don't know if its because of reasons above or not. It just seems like the problems are at an all time high. But this could also just be because there are many more people in 3dx than 2 years ago. So who really knows?

• Chilles likes this

#45 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:46 PM

OK .... Just opened the boat and added a radio station and so my Gechohost account is not being used AND PEOPLE ARE STILL NOT GETTING MUSIC ... Now I don't have the DLL .... :( BUT SEEMS THE DEVS DON't GIVE A F@CK :(

• JessicaX likes this

#46 DireTeddyBear

DireTeddyBear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:01 PM

The other day I was in a room where this affected a 181.fm station feed. So it's not just private servers that are affected.

• Chilles likes this

#47 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:00 PM

There is a really simple solution  ... I went to a room and no music  .... and it was a well known DJ streaming  ... so it is happening to others   ... I just refreshed the music  which fixes it (A lot of users don't know this, they just poof) .....

Which got me thinking, why not have a music refresh link on the desktop, so even new users know if they hear no music they just click a button on the game main screen   

Would be very simple and very useful :)

• JessicaX likes this

#48 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:28 PM

DEVS I think I know the problem ......

The command to turn on the stream is being sent to early  .... 

The command is being sent as the problem is sporadic and turning on the stream after a person has entered the room also works.

So in my opinion the command is being sent before the room is fully loaded sometimes.

I may be wrong  ... but logic says I am right .....

PS And this would explain why its not everyone has the problem  ... Faster PCs like mine load faster (I always hear music when entering a room)  ... slower PCs are probably getting the problem (My girlfriends PCs are slower).

So the problem is not with the room provider, but users with slower PCs entering the room.

#49 JessicaX

JessicaX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:37 AM

That seems logical. And after the updates rooms are loading a bit slow. But sometimes I hear the room music while I am at the loading screen still so this could be causing an issue. Now the hard part is getting someone to listen and do something about it. 

• sputnik likes this

#50 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:58 AM

That seems logical. And after the updates rooms are loading a bit slow. But sometimes I hear the room music while I am at the loading screen still so this could be causing an issue. Now the hard part is getting someone to listen and do something about it. 

If I am right they should maybe do like they do with the graphics ... and have settings for less powerful PCs  .... So a short delay for the command to turn on the stream for powerful PCs  and longer delays for older machines or rooms with a lot of stuff that needs loading :)

#51 DireTeddyBear

DireTeddyBear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 06:55 PM

Or just change it so the music doesn't load until the room is finished loading.

This complete lack of response from them is truly frustrating.

• JessicaX and sputnik like this

#52 Rochi

Rochi

(๏ฝกโ—•โ€ฟโ—•๏ฝก)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:08 AM

It is really hard to test and fix this problem when it seems to never happen anymore >_< I was suspecting similar to what sputnik said there a few days ago.. but in that case the players not hearing music could just toggle it on and off and hear it..

Well gotta do a little testing :P

#53 DireTeddyBear

DireTeddyBear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:08 AM

Well, it happens to about half the people who come to my room...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users