3DXChat Community

Music connections still buggy

DireTeddyBear

I use an .m3u from here https://www.internet-radio.com/ :)

Hmm ok... Well I had after the fix never again the problem with the music connections, works fine for me...

Maybe brings one of this linked topics help :)

Hmm ok... Well I had after the fix never again the problem with the music connections, works fine for me...

Maybe brings one of this linked topics help :)

Yes it was fixed for me  .... but just started happening the last few days :(

If you guys are using tha DLL there is an update that fixed this issue fo me, if ya arents using eets then yas have mah sympathies XD coz eet does truly Suk Melons.

And here I was, thinking that sucking melons was one of life's great pleasures. :P

(just teasing)

• 2 weeks later...

This is a real problem. Hosting my room is a pain when I have to watch for any new people and refresh the music stream for them. Makes hosting a real drag.

Yep it is still happening and I am also using geckohost nz ..... real pain in the ass after spending extra money to add music :(

HEY DEVS ... I am spending good money on giving music to guests in my room and still people are reporting NO MUSIC !!!!!!

Hey come on guys  ... If any DJs room owners have found a fix please share .... I have shared stuff :(

Now my friend comes in sometimes and has music and other times not   .... this is infuriating ,... lots of people have music and then some don't .... Please DEVs or anyone else ..... HELP !!!!!

if you want to discuss private then feel free to PM me or come into my room  ... Its the DJ Elvis room :) I have a bottle of scotch under the counter :)

HEY DEVS ... I am spending good money on giving music to guests in my room and still people are reporting NO MUSIC !!!!!!

Hey come on guys  ... If any DJs room owners have found a fix please share .... I have shared stuff :(

Now my friend comes in sometimes and has music and other times not   .... this is infuriating ,... lots of people have music and then some don't .... Please DEVs or anyone else ..... HELP !!!!!

if you want to discuss private then feel free to PM me or come into my room  ... Its the DJ Elvis room :) I have a bottle of scotch under the counter :)

Did you try one time another stream provider?

If not we can check this out if you want :)

Did you try one time another stream provider?

If not we can check this out if you want :)

I have spent a good amount of money to buy a full year of unlimited streaming  ... why should it be the streamer ... ? surely the problem is that the 3dxchat is not always switching to the new stream?

Its only the occassional person and not always  ....  surely if there was a problem with the stream every one would be without music?

Oh sorry, thanks for your help chilles.

Just to add, one example  .... my friend came in this morning and the music was playing no problem ... went off to another room and returned and no music  ... came on this evening and no music  .... 

Music can be regained by me turning the radio off and re-entering the stream  .... or if the person turns their radio off and back on  .... That sounds like a bug with 3dxchat?

Its only the occassional person and not always  ....  surely if there was a problem with the stream every one would be without music?

It can also be the ISP settings of this person :)

I could observe something similar...

For the person where I'm talking of was it possible to listen the music on the server index page (Web player) but in game was it silent.

To fix this problem is it needed to give 3DXChat.exe access for the whole internet communications in the Internet Security Program!

Well I agree there was a time where the switch between different streams, on/off did works more stable  :unsure: Now is sometimes a re-join needed...

Try without 64bit Client and without hacked DLL. If that doesn't fix issue, use dns version of ip with all numbers. If that doesn't fix your problem it's something else maybe in your set up. You are having this issue with different stream providers when Noone else is so it's not the stream provider causing issue.

Well it seems for sputnik was it different reasons :)

One reason could be the third part dll. And one reason was the stream introduction file (intro)...

This file need to be in the same format like the upstream of your server this means if your stream works with 128kbit/s upstream and stereo so need to be the introduction file in 128kbit/s stereo too.

OK, I am using geckohost, I am using the numbers, I am not using an intro file, I am not using the 64-bit version, and if by hacked DLL you are talking about Rochi's mod, yes I do have that loaded. Are you trying to tell me that Rochi's mod is causing the problem??  That would actually be very cool. Because she actually responds to fix requests.

OK, I am using geckohost, I am using the numbers, I am not using an intro file, I am not using the 64-bit version, and if by hacked DLL you are talking about Rochi's mod, yes I do have that loaded. Are you trying to tell me that Rochi's mod is causing the problem??  That would actually be very cool. Because she actually responds to fix requests.

If you have an old version of it, yes it has been known to cause problems. The newest one works fine as far as I know. Outside that, I would check the settings on your server.

Well it seems for sputnik was it different reasons :)

One reason could be the third part dll. And one reason was the stream introduction file (intro)...

This file need to be in the same format like the upstream of your server this means if your stream works with 128kbit/s upstream and stereo so need to be the introduction file in 128kbit/s stereo too.

I was not aware of this but it's good to know. Thanks.

OK, let me make sure I am understanding what is supposed to be happening here...

1) For the Directory tab, which URL goes into this field?

2) Is this supposed to stream directly to 3DX from geckohost.nz, or from geckohost to my computer to 3DX? I think I am directly streaming. I am plugging in http://99.99.99.999:9999with no trailing slash or semi-colon, like is displayed in the "direct stream link for player widgets" on the QuickLinks page.

3) When I hit "Connect" in the DSP plug-in, it does not connect. I can put the widget URL directly into Winamp and it plays fine on my PC.

4) Which URL am I supposed to use from QuickLInks? It says here to use the index page URL, but that URL includes an index.html at the end. If I plug that in anywhere nothing happens.