3DXChat Community

Request: Official 64bit 3DXChat Client

Nikki

Dear Gizmo,

I really would love to see the official 64bit Version of 3DXChat beeing made and available for thoose that use 64bit systems. I am really no techie but I do think that will improve performance of the game alot for thoose that use PC's with enough RAM. I ve seen so many awesome rooms beeing made so far, and most of them are not enjoyable because the performance issues.

Dont you think a 64bit Client could solve many problems?

Would love to see that. Cheers and Merry Christmas

I second this!

I'm no techie (got absolutely no clue tbh) but I imagine 64 bit would help with performance issues, especially with player created rooms that have loads of objects, and even though my computer is really good, I still get a little bit of lag or frame rate, whatever you call it. As said, not a techie.

But yeah, this would be great! Could possibly solve a lot of performance issues many of us are having. I hope many people are having issues, otherwise what I just said looks dumb T_T

GIVE US 64-BIT SEXES

While it sounds nice. Just throwing more RAM at the problem is not a fix. As others have said, this problem is isolated to 3DX, other games work fine.

On my side I'm already in 64 with 16gb of ram and ssd sata drive, asking to upgrade in 64bit version will be a most for everyone, but just thinking about those complaining haven't sufficient money to invest in a more poweful PC for allowing them playing a game requesting more bit and memory to enjoy the new version will gonna badly turn in a mess and drama for 3dx dev's ,maybe its the source of hesitation for going throw,idk, they probably planned it for doing so ,the editor already made now, so why waiting for, and live with the complainers? A topic already exist to ventilate, so ,wtf.

Unity can easily compile a game to both 32 and 64-bit binaries (for the Windows platform all the game data files will actually be the same and only the player/mono executables will differ).The only issue may be the native plugins which also have to match the client bitness.

3dxChat uses Oculus OVR and BASS libraries, both are available in 32 and 64-bit versions, so there won't be any problems making an x64 version.

Actually, I have already made 64-bit patches for the game, you know where to find them :)

I just wish they would solve this fucking game leak or whatever bug that's here since new beach. I am sick of crashing in zone after I am in few hours. Happens to few people I know so I am not isolated case and we had many posts with logs about it... but yeah fuck looking into them.

And yes if I sound angry.... i am. It's been going too long.

Its just another thing related to 3dx and no other unity engine game.   :P

But in my humble opinion 64 bit just isn't going to magically solve all the issues. In the end the game needs optimization patches or complete rework. Imho in past 2014 / 2015 was so terrible that game ate 90% of current top line CPU / GPU now it's still eats more CPU than major triple A CPU focused games like total war / civ / wow.

so long story short, of your 16 gb of ram, game is only able to use around 4 of it if i am understanding it correctly

Reason why I said many will gonna complain the day 3dx will pass throw 64bit . Ppl wanted to run without lags will have to upgrade they're PC, Kapitch lost capitan?

Anyway,some already complaining for the price subscription they ask, just imagine the day ppl will have to upgrade for more powerful PC! bah...Now with the new editor,32bits is good enough for a fuck and go with Betty or Bob in an empty room on the floor and that's all.

btw: i wouldn't able to play DCS world if i wasn't in 64 to encounter the minimum performance requirement asked by them as following

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i3; RAM: 8 GB; Free hard disk space: 30 GB; Discrete video card: 2 GB RAM (AMD, NVIDIA); requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+; RAM: 16GB; Hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 / ATI R9 290 DirectX11 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

well if anyone still only has 4 gbs of ram, they need to get out of the stone age and update that atari 6400

Maybe I am so obsessed with 3DX that I need to play it on calculator in my math class. Who are you to judge my choices :P

I use to computers to play

A PC 64 bits GPU GTX1050 16 go Ram and 8 cores

My old laptop 64 bits I5 GT330 8 go (2010)

The laptop is smoother... no lag, no overuse of the CPU but the weird color in the sky

So I am sure what causes either the lag or the over use of CPU

Hello, I haven't asked to replace the current version with a 64bit Version.

I ask for an optional official 64bit version.

Most software I use have either 32bit & 64bit versions available.

So the user can pick what suits them.

Noone is talking about force upgrades of PCs and stuff. I don't know where you people read that

So please relax

It doesn't matter Nikki.

Even if they removed 32 version, I really doubt anyone who have computer with specification below what 64 requires can run 3DXchat besides NC and Yacht at best... so did nvidia and many, many other games and products. Financially it just isn't worth supporting both. 

It's like keeping VHS alive while everyone getting CDs players.

• 8 months later...