3DXChat Community

Men!

Guest Ciera

Guest ameliaUK

thats what i thought, you guys are good at fairy tales. maybe thats why your threads get deleted. anywho, you are right, im out. feel free to whine about it without me.

At least have the nerve to admit when you said something, not lie about it just cos you got the thread deleted with all your false allegations in it. That’s even more pathetic than your other behaviour.

Have you noticed he's changed his header on his avi here to 'Fake DJ Whisperer', whatever one of those is. I guess it's a bit less offensive than the 'Lesbian Whisperer' he had up there before. Clearly he's arrogant enough to think that he has sort of power, he doesn't seem able to keep that cute little dog under control.

Driving back from our nearest city with my Dad this morning we got talking about that awful incident at that Florida school. Like from this side of the pond we can only imagine what the parents and relatives are going through. Sympathy and prayers ar every much the right things to do.

Anyway Dad told me of this which I think makes a significant point very well, and from a more US standpoint than I, or any Brit whose not lived in the US, could do.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/randy_blythe_calls_for_stricter_gun_control_no_more_thoughts__prayers_they_aint_working.html

What most of we Brits are unable to understand is why gun control never happens. Like in Australia, as I understand it, gun control dramatically reduced the incidence of these things.Is there somebody who can explain things to a brit who doesn't undestand the politics or logic of it. Like why the horror of it is insufficient to overcome political inertia.

Guest ameliaUK

Driving back from our nearest city with my Dad this morning we got talking about that awful incident at that Florida school. Like from this side of the pond we can only imagine what the parents and relatives are going through. Sympathy and prayers ar every much the right things to do.

Anyway Dad told me of this which I think makes a significant point very well, and from a more US standpoint than I, or any Brit whose not lived in the US, could do.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/randy_blythe_calls_for_stricter_gun_control_no_more_thoughts__prayers_they_aint_working.html

What most of we Brits are unable to understand is why gun control never happens. Like in Australia, as I understand it, gun control dramatically reduced the incidence of these things.Is there somebody who can explain things to a brit who doesn't undestand the politics or logic of it. Like why the horror of it is insufficient to overcome political inertia.

The UK has never had the mentality that exists in the US, that having a gun is a natural interpretation of the 'right to bear arms' (and some dispute if this is what was ever meant). It seems that this belief overrides the obvious point that, put a gun in the hands of a nutter, and they will more than likely use it against others.

It was never a 'right' in the UK and Dunblane made sure that it became even more of a distant reality, and full credit to the governments of Major and Blair for outlawing weapons in the months after Dunblane.

Where do the Americans here stand? I don't mean on Trump's alleged association with the NRA or the NRA funding Republicans - I mean in the 'right to bear arms'?

Thanks again - it appeared here because it shows that we in the UK do care even if we don't really understand. And that my Dad is good man, just in case nobody noticed.

Ah DaddysGirl, that explains a lot. Was it you who got Amelia's thread deleted? The timing suggest that it might well have been.

Funny how some people are unable to put together a coherent argument about anything and have to resort to personal insults. Are you saying that the issue of gun control, not just in the USA, is crappy? Are you saying it's offensive? I suggest it is a complex and difficult topic, I suggest that it is a topic well worthy of discussion. 3dx Chat might not be the obvious place to discuss it but when you look a little deeper it is very appropriate, multi-national audience, peopel who live in countries where gun control appears to have been successful, lots of differing viewpoints. In short so much good stuff that somebody somewhere wants to prevent hapenning.

Such funny ideas some people have.

Guest ameliaUK

Ah DaddysGirl, that explains a lot. Was it you who got Amelia's thread deleted? The timing suggest that it might well have been.

Funny how some people are unable to put together a coherent argument about anything and have to resort to personal insults. Are you saying that the issue of gun control, not just in the USA, is crappy? Are you saying it's offensive? I suggest it is a complex and difficult topic, I suggest that it is a topic well worthy of discussion. 3dx Chat might not be the obvious place to discuss it but when you look a little deeper it is very appropriate, multi-national audience, peopel who live in countries where gun control appears to have been successful, lots of differing viewpoints. In short so much good stuff that somebody somewhere wants to prevent hapenning.

Such funny ideas some people have.

Yes, no doubt it was DaddysGirl, probably this month's top achievement for her managing that. I bet she's well-pleased with herself.

Let's not forget this is the person who wouldn't support the Veterans' Day thread. Says an awful lot.

This thread needs enough posts to go on to a new page so I don't get confronted with the cross between Borat and Sean Connery with Sagie's name on it every time I come here. The trouble is, every time I see Sagie in game now I'll think of this image.

I'd like to repost one from a deleted thread to try and put this one back on track. It is meant to be an affectionate look at the funny, interesting, silly, amusingly irritating, wonderful things men sometimes do. You know the kind of things that delight and, in a nice way, annoy women.

OK I've said before that I'm dyslexic. Most of the time things go well and I write reasonably well and the stuff I read I can decode accurately. Funny things sometimes happen. Like the other day there was this guy in Sin whose name I decoded as Thermo-testicles. I was just about to ask him if he had hot balls when I decided it had to be something else, although if it were actually his name it showed a certain sense of humour. His actual name was Thermistocles, I assume after the ancient greek general and statesman - I googled it because I liked the idea of an ancient greek general hanging out in a sex game.

There's a few other people who hang out at the places I go where this sort of thing happens and although the way I decode their names is funny, it's not for public consumption.