• Lilcal, intercessional and Mar Mohan like this

#22 Lilcal

Lilcal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:02 PM

Thought Id add a nice story here...A few days ago.. my hot water heater busted.  At the time I didnt know that it was that, it could have been a water pipe.  I only knew that my room and bathroom were flooded. Of course my husband is out of town working at this time.  My awesome neighbor (Who is a single man) rushed over to  make sure I had shut off the water correctly. As Id never done it in this house before.  Hes not a plumber.. but unbeknownst to me he called another neighbor.  The very next day this second neighbor, a man that I dont even know very well, showed up at my house to plug it off so that I had water until my husband gets home.  Very awesome men, no on hit on me or tried to take advantage.  In fact they both did something that they had no obligation to do.  Just to help, because I needed it.  Just because they are nice people.. nice men. My son came over and wet vac'd the carpets.. and helped clean up.  I am surrounded by wonderful men, wonderful people.

• intercessional and Mar Mohan like this

#23 Guest_Ciera_*

Guest_Ciera_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:53 PM

I hope your disaster wasn't one of those that runs in threes. Lilcal.

I thought I'd post another, with a different spin on it. Perhaps one that other people may like to participate in.

While I was working earlier this afternoon the scissor sisters song about taking your mama out tonight came on my iPod. The phrase about drinking cheap champagne made me start thinking.

Just before Christmas some friends, not close friends fortunately, came over and brought this bottle of champagne with them. It didn't get drunk because we had loads of booze that night anyway. When they'd gone his nibs googled up this champagne and discovered that a wine critic suggested 'cutting out the middle man and puring it down the drain'. His nibs said 'what are we going to do with this?', 'lets use it for luxury mojitos and invite X & Y over in the summer'. I said 'why not keep it until next Christmas and regift it back to them'. Not that I'd actually do it, mind.

So what would everybody else do?

Damn - thanks to a work interuption, it's my coffee break ffs!!!!, I forgot to say that the friends are a couple who really know their wine. What James May, of Top Gear fame, would call wine ponces.

#24 AHT

AHT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:25 PM

God C! Not only are you anti man, but you're also a middle class snob! 

#25 Guest_Ciera_*

Guest_Ciera_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:34 PM

So you'd drink it? In one go maybe? lmao

#26 Mar Mohan

Mar Mohan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:00 PM

You never re-gift something someone gave you back to them while the comment showed poor taste on your part even if you wouldn't do it.  My first thought would have been who else might enjoy it that I know.  It's an outright insult nor do you give it to someone that is closer to them.  You give it to someone that you're an acquaintance of yourself that you know doesn't really know them, I would think that is common knowledge in today's world as it has been for many years.  They may not be that familiar with wines and selecting them and trust the person selling it to know more which in some cases they don't always know. I know a bit about wine and food parings from over the years and a teacher that I had that had taught me about them, took me to some tastings to help me understand the difference.  As they say with any gift it is the thought that counts.

#27 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:16 PM

I would start by never using the term Nibs ... ever. 

#28 intercessional

intercessional

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:35 PM

Without a mans sperm,none of you would be here.That is my male gender story.

#29 Desirea

Desirea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationUSA - central time zone

Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:59 AM

Yeah  wow..  you really are a piece of work.. smh.  The more you speak, or type as the case may be, the less I like you.  Fortunately.. I am surrounded by much nicer people than you.   

/me scratches her head wondering why someone would bother to post this dribble on a tongue-in-cheek thread, instead of just ignoring it and move on.

Feel better now?

#30 intercessional

intercessional

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:25 AM

/me scratches her head wondering why someone would bother to post this dribble on a tongue-in-cheek thread, instead of just ignoring it and move on.

Feel better now?

speaking alt to alt, you aren't fooling anyone big C. 

#31 Desirea

Desirea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationUSA - central time zone

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:15 PM

speaking alt to alt, you aren't fooling anyone big C. 

now THAT is hilarious!  I've known Ciera for years, and even today I still have no clue about some of the UK references she makes.  I'm from the States, constantly googling some of her references.  If you would ever talk to either one of us, or taken the time to read what we post, I suggest even you'd realize there is very little similarity.  But if it fits your agenda, by all means believe what you like.  Thanks for the laugh, I enjoyed that.  I'm sure C is laughing too.   :)   

• Sage Stoner, xMaceyx and AllisonStarlove like this

#32 NORM

NORM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:18 PM

I'm a man, I can change, if I have to, I guess.

#33 Guest_Ciera_*

Guest_Ciera_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:57 AM

/me waves to Desi and giggles

#34 Guest_Ciera_*

Guest_Ciera_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:32 AM

Can I say this to try and put all the recent argy bargy behind us.

We brits have a multitude of words for people which can be used to mean anything from 'I love you to little peices but what you've done is a bit silly' to 'fuck off you total arsehole'. The context makes the meaning absolutely clear to us, which is why we say these things without thinking too much about it. Having said that the latter can mean the former under the right circumstances. God that sounds wierd, lmao. I love playing with words, you sound surprised. So my calling my husband a total pillock is just one way of letting him know how much I love him. I think pretty well everybody gets that. I did love the fish puns - everything in the right plaice.

What I would never do is to be deliberately offensive to anyone, if I can possibley avoid it. I don't actually like confrontation. That doesn't stop me from fighting back when I believe in something. That does sometimes get me in to trouble, like I get a certain malicious humour out of putting hooks in my posts, when I'm angry, for my attackers to go and hang themselves on. When they go and do exactly isn't very nice I know but it does give a certain satisfaction when if it were a rl conversation I'd want to throttle living shits out of them. Stereotype time - red head's aren't just the sexiest people on the planet.

So if you don't get what I'm saying do what Desi does, and what my other Amreican friends do, google it, laugh and ask or take the piss out of me for it, bearing in mind context can totally bugger up your meaning.

So this is a kinda roundabout way of saying I accept RobT's apology - not that I'm about to say that he's the acest bloke in the whole wide world. Nobody can compete with my husband and my Dad for that position.

• Desirea and TamsinUK like this

#35 Henkie

Henkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationNetherlands yo

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:09 AM

I don't really post much on the forums to begin with :P I try to not get myself in a post battle here but I'll tell ya something.

I never talk that much about myself usually but I know what it is like to suffer from abuse. I've had that experience one too many times and I sometimes recognize the same behavior in people from here, causing me to stay far away from them. Since they usually live in their own fantasty world distant from actual reality, and with that I mean they don't see what aggression they are causing, or believing everyone is against them without reason.

Fuck gender and everything it stands for, we all the same.

#36 DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:06 AM

Henkie I keep seeing you post a lot on forums saying you never post. Ummm .... yeah. I think you need a new line.

#37 Guest_Ciera_*

Guest_Ciera_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:37 PM

/me would prefer not to compare her chest with Henkie's - well not in public anyway.

The great 3dx moob/boob comparison

#38 Henkie

Henkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationNetherlands yo

Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:49 PM

Thicc bois rule! 

550z8offsxjz.gif

#39 Guest_Ciera_*

Guest_Ciera_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:54 PM

It would have been funnier if the image on the screen was Kim Jong Un, Donald Trump or Vladimir Putin.

#40 Guest_Ciera_*

Guest_Ciera_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:07 PM

Here's a nice one, that maybe even LilCal will like.

Where I live, well out in the sticks, it is impossible to keep a car clean.

The other day I had to go and do some shopping at a nearby supermarket. I parked and had just locked up when a man called out 'car wash, lady?'. I looked at the half inch thick layer of clart all over my car, looked at him and said 'Really?'. He said back 'Really'. So thinking that as these people are working in a large chain supermarket car park they'd not be slaves or trafficked I said 'OK' and paid him and went off to do my shopping.

When I got back he was just finishing off and I was surprised to find I had a blue car and not a shitty brown one. Anyway, feeling guilty that he'd had to work doubley hard on mine and that it'd be its usual clart colour by the time I got home I gave him an extra tenner as a tip.

Those guys must have a pretty awful job, like they're out there in all weathers, yet they always sound so jolly and friendly. At busy times, like at Christmas, they swap their car wash trollies for what look like table tennis bats and, with a big smile, direct people to any free parking places.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users