Ciera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 December 2017 - 04:37 PM

There you go then, Rob, lmao

Seriously though people tend not to give up on dating rl 'cos they get hurt from time to time. In game is similar, although for some reason getting attached seems to happen faster and with more intensity than in rl. Like you, Rob, my in game stuff is purely social these days, my rl is secure in a way I never thought it would be. I don't want anything to intrude on that. I also find virtual sex a bit of a let down and a bit giggleworthy. No disrespect meant to those people for whom it floats their boat.

#63 RobT

RobT

Lesbian Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,299 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 December 2017 - 04:42 PM

There you go then, Rob, lmao

Seriously though people tend not to give up on dating rl 'cos they get hurt from time to time. In game is similar, although for some reason getting attached seems to happen faster and with more intensity than in rl. Like you, Rob, my in game stuff is purely social these days, my rl is secure in a way I never thought it would be. I don't want anything to intrude on that. I also find virtual sex a bit of a let down and a bit giggleworthy. No disrespect meant to those people for whom it floats their boat.

big difference there. this game isnt very conducive to exclusive dating. its sort of like meeting a girl at a orgy and expecting her to just fuck you.  I am not against dating here, I just think people need to be realistic and understand the chances of you actually finding someone is very slim . If you feel like its worth it to you, knock yourself out but the whining after it doesnt work out every time afterwards gets old. Not talking about the OP, just in general because i dont know her from adam

• Mulan likes this

#64 MinervaX

MinervaX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:56 PM

big difference there. this game isnt very conducive to exclusive dating. its sort of like meeting a girl at a orgy and expecting her to just fuck you.

I used to think that.... I used to think this is a candy shop populated with sweet tooths.... but... recently.... I've changed my mind. I'm almost certainly going to embarrass her here... but with Lilly.... it's different somehow. Something snapped in me and now... it's not even that I don't want to be intimate with anyone else (although I don't)... it's that I can't... I physically can't get excited by anyone but her. This... doesn't of course describe the whole of my feelings towards her.... but I think that love.... real love is possible. Because I myself have believed I knew what love is... and then found it and realised how wrong I was. It's incredibly incredibly rare... here or anywhere.... it's easy to convince yourself you are in love and then get so hurt when you lose the habit of someone.... but I've been there... done that.... and I feel this is different. That I am different because of her. I wouldn't want to advise anyone not to fall in love here.... because... it doesn't always happen when you expect... you can't always control it and if you avoid closeness you'll not feel as I feel right now and have for the last few months. That said... perhaps I'd advise people to try to learn the difference between love and 3dx love.

This place is easy to get addicted to - that's when it gets dangerous. I have been there..... coming here all the time obsessed with the place and not doing anything rl or seeing friends or doing other things.... but since Lilly and in part because I'm able to 100% trust her - I've been able to take the view that I need to make sure I have lots of nights off. I have times when I will... and will not play... and mostly I come here just for Lilly, and a couple of close friends, rather than be here all the time. It's a great place for me right now... but you always need to remember that you need to have a balance.

• JessicaX, RobPathfinder, Twiggy and 2 others like this

#65 RobT

RobT

Lesbian Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,299 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:50 PM

First of all let me just say that the following is just my view and there is no right or wrong way but i think its impossible to love someone on the game. In order to truley know someone you have to actually be around them constantly. To see the good and bad sides of them. Not to mention if the person they are portraying themselves to be is actually who they are. Much easier to hide a dark side or secrets when you only chat on the phone, skype or 3dx. As i said in the opening, thats just my view. Doesnt make it right or wrong

I think most are in love with being in love due to being lonely, etc and not actually in love.

#66 Alliehotass

Alliehotass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA

Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:33 AM

As far as I am concerned if you tink you found lervs here then awesomes but remember eet comes with a risk. Eets like tha Big Dippa.

You jump in tha carriage bit, wots that called, tha car? Roller car? Dippa mobile ah dunno....anyways.... Concentrates Allie ya dippa lol...so ya jumps in head off thru tha twisties and get shaken around abits. Then ya head up tha steeeeeeeep incline slowly, creepin along. Wows what a view from up here, you get higher and higher reaching tha very top, then........................SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!! down ya fly 100 miles an hour, hair getting all blown about, drooling and screaming then a sharp left turn, tummy goes all Bluuurkee and round and round you go till ya all giddy and wobbly.

The ride ends....some peeps are crying and shaking and complain to tha Manager and want their monies back coz that shook tha sandwiches outa thems and they are not happy.

Some hug a bin and mumma birb eets losing all their lunchins, what a waste of good carnival foods sheeshers,

Others are on cloud 9, sure eets over but they can have another go and dooo eets all agains.

Lervs is highs and lows, this game can be tuff or just funs but remember life is a game too and if ya don't play eet well then.....Get Guuud!!  :P

• lisafelicia likes this

#67 Henkie

Henkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationNetherlands yo

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:06 AM

/me thinks Henkie uses a pic of Slash for a reason. all hail the man's man. I have this theory that the stuff sticking out from under Slash's hat is not really hair at all but comes off at night with the hat.

Has RobT given up on women because he's been dumped a few times?

That's not a picture of Slash you absolute onion :P Jamiroquai was actually my inspiration for wearing a hat at all times.

But back on topic, if y'all are being happy and shit with your relations it's cool. I actually enjoy hearing those things cause it means not everyone is rotten to the core like the world chat would make you think. I find it's mostly the older people who end up getting the most issues since they don't have their minds straight. Like getting married to a new dude every 2 weeks lmao
  • Alliehotass and Mulan like this

#68 Ciera

Ciera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:22 PM

I thought Jamiroquai wore a beanie or rasta hat? Same thought, though. The hair is prolly attached to the hat. Seriously though it sort of amuses me to think that rock stars public images bears little resemblance to the real them - tfft.

You wear a hat at all times? Even in bed OMG scarey or what, lmao.

So back on topic it's a bit like the roles some people play in 3dx. I think there is a limit to the role play, the real you will come through at some point, no matter how hard you try. When it comes to relationships in 3dx you cannot role play love, can you?

#69 RobT

RobT

Lesbian Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,299 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:55 PM

. I find it's mostly the older people who end up getting the most issues since they don't have their minds straight. Like getting married to a new dude every 2 weeks lmao

older as in playing the game the longest or as in actual age?     get off my lawn you young punk!!!!!

#70 Henkie

Henkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationNetherlands yo

Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:42 PM

I thought Jamiroquai wore a beanie or rasta hat? Same thought, though. The hair is prolly attached to the hat. Seriously though it sort of amuses me to think that rock stars public images bears little resemblance to the real them - tfft.

You wear a hat at all times? Even in bed OMG scarey or what, lmao.

So back on topic it's a bit like the roles some people play in 3dx. I think there is a limit to the role play, the real you will come through at some point, no matter how hard you try. When it comes to relationships in 3dx you cannot role play love, can you?

I've actually superglued it to my head so it doesn't come off, unless you pull on it like really hard ;p But you can fake having love for someone though, by sweet talking and all that shit. It's actually not that hard at all (Not saying I do it of course.) especially when you are pretty damn lusty for someone. Keeping up a role for an extended period of time is doomed to fail eventually.

older as in playing the game the longest or as in actual age?     get off my lawn you young punk!!!!!

The future is now old man!

• RobT likes this

#71 RobPathfinder

RobPathfinder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:45 PM

I've actually superglued it to my head so it doesn't come off, unless you pull on it like really hard ;p But you can fake having love for someone though, by sweet talking and all that shit. It's actually not that hard at all (Not saying I do it of course.) especially when you are pretty damn lusty for someone. Keeping up a role for an extended period of time is doomed to fail eventually.

The future is now old man!

The future is tomorrow not now, now is the present, a second from now is the past. If this make sense to you DRINK, if it feels like something to take to heart, you drank too much..

#72 Ciera

Ciera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:01 PM

What you do in the present creates the future - think hat hair

#73 AHT

AHT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:26 PM

God C. Thought a LibDem like you might recognise Che Guevara! I know you had him on your wall at university!

#74 Ciera

Ciera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 December 2017 - 08:10 PM

OMG, now that's a memory I'd prefer to forget. I did enjoy pissing off the Trots at Uni. Kinda grown up a bit since then.

#75 Guest_Rick_*

Guest_Rick_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:08 AM

It's like in RL: You can not get along with everyone. And the chat is a very small place where everyone has to get along with others.

Just do not take things so seriously and keep a certain distance and nothing can go wrong.

And it's nothing wrong with feelings. Just be aware that it's a change to everyday life and not the center of life.

Anyway, enjoy the chat and have a great time!

#76 alisonn

alisonn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:20 AM

As far as I am concerned if you tink you found lervs here then awesomes but remember eet comes with a risk. Eets like tha Big Dippa.

You jump in tha carriage bit, wots that called, tha car? Roller car? Dippa mobile ah dunno....anyways.... Concentrates Allie ya dippa lol...so ya jumps in head off thru tha twisties and get shaken around abits. Then ya head up tha steeeeeeeep incline slowly, creepin along. Wows what a view from up here, you get higher and higher reaching tha very top, then........................SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!! down ya fly 100 miles an hour, hair getting all blown about, drooling and screaming then a sharp left turn, tummy goes all Bluuurkee and round and round you go till ya all giddy and wobbly.

The ride ends....some peeps are crying and shaking and complain to tha Manager and want their monies back coz that shook tha sandwiches outa thems and they are not happy.

Some hug a bin and mumma birb eets losing all their lunchins, what a waste of good carnival foods sheeshers,

Others are on cloud 9, sure eets over but they can have another go and dooo eets all agains.

Lervs is highs and lows, this game can be tuff or just funs but remember life is a game too and if ya don't play eet well then.....Get Guuud!!  :P

What?

#77 RobT

RobT

Lesbian Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,299 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:41 PM

What?

she said you have to take the good with the bad. life as well as this game has its ups and downs. you just have to roll with the punches ( i speak Catanese)

#78 Mulan

Mulan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:42 AM

Perhaps unsurprisingly, I agree with Cordelia and Rob.

I have no problem with people having relationships in game. I have developed some great friendships with people I still maintain contact with offline today meeting different people from all over the world and I do know one couple who have successfully made a relationship in real life. However, from the thousands of relationships I have seen come and go, only one successful story does not seem very good odds. I think you need to maintain the mindset that this is a game, that is not lack of empathy, that is just common sense. There are times when you fall in love, but because of anonymity or whatever, then that person can just leave, which I can understand if you are completely emotionally invested in the relationship then it can be heartbreaking. However, at the end of the day, if you keep in mind that this is a sex game, and the primary reason for you joining in the first place was not to find a relationship, then you will be a lot less disappointed.

Also, while I do agree that if you are socially introverted then 3DX can be a good place to talk to other people. However, firstly, I still don’t think that an online conversation and relationship can match up to a real life relationship. Secondly, if you have underlying mental issues already, then when a relationship goes wrong in 3DX, which more often and not, they do, then a 3DX “addiction” can only serve to make things worse. Like Cordelia said, you can’t really blame others for lack of empathy and say that 3DX is a dangerous place. 3DX is what you make it and ultimately you have to take responsibility for your own actions.

Like Rob said, if you are looking for a relationship, then you would be much better off joining something like Match or Tinder. Oh, and here is something that is amazing. Every woman I have met on Match is actually a woman, who would have thought?! Imagine my surprise after playing 3DX for 2 years. But seriously, if you want a real life relationship, then get off 3DX and start swiping and messaging on Tinder. Also to echo what Rob said, the dynamics are very different in 3DX. In 3DX, you maybe talk for an hour or two, maybe even 10 minutes and then you are back at each other’s apartment or in a sex room fucking each other’s brains out. Meet someone in real life, you are probably looking at 3-4 dates before there is any sex involved.
  • Briana likes this

#79 MeiLing

MeiLing

The fool who dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,729 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:24 AM

We surely bring with us the mindset that could trap us in the game. But was all what you said here and in the game about your wife and you just a game, a kind of rp or was it more than this. Don't you think that some strong relationship can appear with time?

#80 alisonn

alisonn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:35 PM

i think people here are missing the point that my original post is not about finding a relationship here....at all. 

my point is that 3dx is an extremely addictive place, because it resembles RL so much, and offer you an escape from reality, just like drugs/alcohol would do. 

except this place looks far more "innocent".

i did comment on it though.

and when i did, i'm not talking about taking relationships outside of 3dx. i'm talking about relationships inside 3dx. 

i didn't marry Amy because i didn't have actual feelings for her.

be it inside or out, the feelings are there. 

and that makes it just as "real"  as outside of 3dx.

but in the end, i have to refer back to Athene's comment.

so far, that has been the most accurate statement related to the original post. 

it doesn't matter what you think about this place, or how you feel about it, or what it "actually is" 

what matters is "this is what I feel, and i'm hurt" 

this is my pain, you have yours. 

spilling drinks on your clothes, crashign your car, losing a loved one, being depressed over 3dx, and so on. 

they're all different forms of agony.

in the end,any decent person would simply sit by your side, and support you, no matter what it is you're hurt about.

if you don't....well then i.m.o. you're not human....you're just a cunt. 

• lisafelicia likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users