3DXChat Community

3DXChat.exe has stopped working notice

Kisha

Today i was in my building alt and when I went to save the progress i got this notice. Now I CAN NOT get back into the room or edit mode. I can go to dress up and all the other rooms but i CAN NOT get back into my room.

Yes I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

I have no trouble getting into my room on this charactor *Kisha* altho I have not tried to edit becasue Im scared to death it will happen again. :(

Has anyone had this happen to them and if so how did it get fixed? I really dont want to delete that name if i dont have to.

Thank God I wasnt building in this name. :(

post-6858-0-57103500-1513311503_thumb.jpg

There is nothing wrong with the room file. Unless, is "Kisha" the correct character name? I'm not quite sure I got the message right.

Kisha is fine i can get into my room. Kishacute is my building alt that i can not get into my room or edit. 

Uhm, with some coding. Though if you're asking how I got another person's room — they are all publicly available since they need to be accessible when you share a room. It is possible to simply download the room file in a browser with a POST request plugin installed.

Guest Lillyme

Ok...well I didn’t know anyone could simply access and download and therefore I assume copy and or use our rooms...I bet the majority doesn’t know that either.

Not that I care...mine is default...but some have spent a huge amount of time and effort...and might not be that impressed these can be plagiarised or re-appropriated at will. Yeah I know anything we post to 3dx is technically public...and actually...I think people sharing their rooms for everyone to use is awesome...but...

...dunno...just not sure everyone will want that...but hey ho...

Ok...well I didn’t know anyone could simply access and download and therefore I assume copy and or use our rooms...I bet the majority doesn’t know that either.

Not that I care...mine is default...but some have spent a huge amount of time and effort...and might not be that impressed these can be plagiarised or re-appropriated at will. Yeah I know anything we post to 3dx is technically public...and actually...I think people sharing their rooms for everyone to use is awesome...but...

Was "discussed" before but it seems there is nothing possible about the problem :(

See the replays about Posting #1373

I wasn’t aware of that. But the Gizmo basically said that no effs are given in terms of security.

I don’t think there is anything in the terms that states that our rooms are public even when we haven’t shared them or have never shared them.

It seems most things in the game are public and Gizmo’s stance, ironically, is that if you don’t like it leave. *shrugs*

Guest Lillyme

I wasn’t aware of that. But the Gizmo basically said that no effs are given in terms of security.

I don’t think there is anything in the terms that states that our rooms are public even when we haven’t shared them or have never shared them.

It seems most things in the game are public and Gizmo’s stance, ironically, is that if you don’t like it leave. *shrugs*

Yeah...I just think it probs ought to be clear to everyone who’s sinking hours and hours and in some cases really creating art with it...that it’s up for grabs for anyone with a bit of know how like Alex

Most wont care and I know Alex was just doing it to be helpful so totally not having a pop at anyone. Just thought it ought to be known.