3DXChat Community

World Editor Bugs & Suggestions

Shanti

Just thought would be nice to have a place to regroup bugs and suggestions, instead of many small topics, or floading the announcement threads. Would make it easier to regroup the technical stuff related to World Editor.

Suggestion :

I just wanted to ask if you would consider an alternate option to WASD.... it's the opposite of user friendly, for the AZERTY keyboards lol

(arrows maybe ? like for the flycam)

Just started messing with editor, and this is driving me nuts  :lol: 

- Compatibility with the Unity Store (Aka direct Import maybe?) Not everyone is a master builder and theres lots of great assets for free too.

Sounds good, but imagine loading into someone's room who has purchased a lot, lot of stuff. You could be downloading files like crazy and downloading stuff each time you enter someone's room isn't so great imo.

Suggestion :

I just wanted to ask if you would consider an alternate option to WASD.... it's the opposite of user friendly, for the AZERTY keyboards lol

(arrows maybe ? like for the flycam)

Just started messing with editor, and this is driving me nuts  :lol: 

Shanti nailed it, for us left handed folks WASD is a pain in the you know what hehe, keymapping arrows would be awesome, otherwise this editor rocks!

Bugs

• Using QWER whilst typing in chat, changes the gizmos (Devs are aware)
  • Shift Key no longer allows you to travel faster with the camera whilst in editor mode anymore when going forward, back and left to right, would be nice to have back.
  • Lighting is off, seems much brighter than it used to be.
  • Lighting in Love Island for example is off, makes skin very red like we have a sun burn when in the darker areas.
  • The glass material has a reflective issue, causing very strong white light to reflect off it randomly (Most likely moon reflection) but it makes it very hard to look at especially when it's night.
  • There is a white light that pops up in the horizon in the editor based on the camera position which is a bit distracting.
  • The green lines of the hitbox of items are off under certain circumstances (Doesn't affect everyone) not too sure how to replicate just yet.
  • Music in user worlds is bugged, you have to keep re-entering the URL when new people enter.

Suggestions

• Allow us to resize multiple items at once, example if you have different walls lined up together, it would be nice if when you select them each with CTRL you can use the scale and resize tools on them. Only the Translation and Rotation tools work with this at the moment.
  • Release a hollow cube shape like one of the cylinders, to make it easier to create objects built from cubes that may require a space in between.
  • To bring in an Addition and Subtraction system for the primitive shapes to allow us to custom hollow or fill out parts of the solid shapes with a selection system as you do in Game Engines.
  • To allow us to resize 2 points at once, rather than one point at a time, I know the scale tool does this, but it is far from perfect and does it both ways rather than just the one direction so example have resize tool selected and then click a corner point in a cube to resize just that single corner on the X and Z axis without affecting the opposite corner for example.
  • More variation of Solid Materials. We only have a hand ful and some of them have a feature that the others don't but the others have a feature that the first one doesn't so more variety for the solid materials will be good to have.
  • Option to add in sound points to the scene of the sea for example or of a city if you built a city etc.

Will think more on this...

Personally i havent really run into bugs, more so little annoyances that i feel could be easily fixed with a few suggestions.

1. Save the snap and rotation settings locally just like you do with our color choices in the editor/character editor.

2. Add way more shapes, especially ones that are very natural looking(Things like what i assume is the rock shape we already have) plus simple things like a hollow cube etc etc, would make things like making walls and rooms so much easier.

3. Add some proper terrain tools of some kind, its the thing i struggle the most with, i have a lot of ideas for caves and other cool things i want to make, but there is no simple and good way of making decent terrain, it ends up being a lot of reused shapes ontop of eachother which looks ok at best.

4. More lights! give us ceiling lights, wall lights, stage lights. Basically of the lights, could even re use some of what we have now, for example, the spotlight without the stand, would make for a great ceiling light.

5. Doors or door textures

6. A better way to place grass, bushes and trees, the current way is a pain in the ass and takes a very long time to do.

7. The ability to resize the spawn area would be nice.

8. Roof textures, i know there are some that work for it, but would love to have even more variations.

9. Implement a lock to global grid function, personally id love to be able to just work on the visible and that grid alone, would simplify building as well.

Direct input of primitives measures would be quicker than randomly move the handles since step snapping may vary depending on scale and big measures are uneasy to handle.

Not easy to place furnitures: I cant find an 'anti collision' option to easily place beds or couches on floors or if I want to avoid them to intersect each other or with other objects.

How about... mashing the mouse button, so that you can shape the terrain/cubes and so on yourself? You know, like... Fallout 4 (Dunno how many played) did it with the face, but instead the terrain! It would let us defnietly make some cool shapes, mountains, hot springs and so on, like this one rock terrain but... we could make it our own. Pre made buildings, just the like the other shapes, let the non-builders (mentioned already) have something they can just put out there and be done, just decorate it, it would make it easier for them, nothing fancy, a house or two, a flat and so on. Please... fix the lighting, night feels really bright, how am I gonna make my house nice and cozy with fire, when it already is rather bright? Maybe... let us design our own sky?! With clouds, moon, sun, dark souls sign...? Ya know, the standard. Birds! they don't even have to move, just bird shapes... am I expecting to much? Probably yes. Slide doors... again, too much? When you click on them, they move to the side and that's it. Would be cool.

I feel like one of the enlarge things is a little bit unstable and can make you suddenly expand one of the walls or anything else in an unexpected manner, but it might just be me.

Even though it has been said, I'll say it again, lighting is off everywhere I believe, definitely is off in the new world location, and pretty sure it is off at Sins, dunno about the rest.

Suggestion:

Add doors. Not doors you just walk through like there is at the Saloon but actual doors you interact with to open. 

The rooms I have seen look really cool but it just seems so bizarre and kind of ugly to see that every building just has no doors. 

Just an open entrance for anyone to walk in, seems a bit weird don't you think?

I don't think it's asking for too much either, just a rectangle object that moves when the avi interacts with it, in this case, pushing or pulling it open. Or even have doors that slide open, either would be really cool and a nice addition.

Whilst I believe that doors can easily be done, this next suggestion might be a tad difficult, but still could and should be done (imo).

So, stairs are cool, but some of us are lazy, you know? And some rooms I have been in have buildings that are almost like apartments. And something apartment buildings usually have issss... you guessed it! (probably didn't) Elevators! 

Being able to use an elevator up and down the building (lewd) would be really fun and cool, but probably difficult to do.

Just a suggestion though!

Please fix the lighting, I can feel my eyes slowly melting.

- Compatibility with the Unity Store (Aka direct Import maybe?) Not everyone is a master builder and theres lots of great assets for free too.

I was wondering about this. I checked out a few assets that I would like that are relatively cheap.

My only issue is navigating in edit mode and being able to measure distance to see exactly what you are doing but I’m also a novice so it could be user error.

I was wondering about this. I checked out a few assets that I would like that are relatively cheap.

My only issue is navigating in edit mode and being able to measure distance to see exactly what you are doing but I’m also a novice so it could be user error.

Suspect it will open new set of problems, because then users will complain things they buy in unity store isn't showing or compatible with the editor. May not happen just think there could be possibility it would end giving developers more work supporting, even if they say any purchases your own responsibility because 3rd party i think there will be trouble with it. Another problem i see think one mentioned it is some may feel getting best rooms become sorta pay to win scenario where those who can afford best looking assets gets most visitors, doubt anything good will come out of adding unity asset purchase possibilities.

For the camera control in game and in the world editor I suggest the support of a normal 3D controller like those used in professional 3D modelling: This is the ultimate solution for the attitude control of an object in a 3D enviroment, as you control the movement and rotation along all three axes sumultaneously with the free hand while working in the other hand with the mouse (or whatever ^_^ ).

The problem is, that the support for these devices have to be implemented by the program developper; it is not possible to install a separate universal driver to make it work.

As these devices now are cheap enough for the average user/gamer, it would be perfect to be able to use it in 3DXChat.

Fo those who do not know what I'm talking of, I add a link for these devices:

https://www.3dconnexion.de/products/spacemouse/spacemousewireless.html

(As I'm still under "observation" anyway, the admin may delete the link, if it should be not allowed here to post such links)

Suspect it will open new set of problems, because then users will complain things they buy in unity store isn't showing or compatible with the editor. May not happen just think there could be possibility it would end giving developers more work supporting, even if they say any purchases your own responsibility because 3rd party i think there will be trouble with it. Another problem i see think one mentioned it is some may feel getting best rooms become sorta pay to win scenario where those who can afford best looking assets gets most visitors, doubt anything good will come out of adding unity asset purchase possibilities.

Fair point, I suppose they could post specs regarding compatibility but they may not want to do that. It would be nice though. As for people complaining about an unfair advantage, they’ll do that anyway. Without layouts to use, unless you are a master builder you’ll still be at a disadvantage. It took me an hour to build a platform for my front with a pool. I don’t have a lot of time to spend on it so it will take a while to finish my vision. As long as it’s purchased outside of the game as in no game marketplace, I don’t think of it as an unfair advantage. Hell, people are complaining about not having two rooms when the new default is loads better in my opinion.

3DX players: We are getting bored.. we need more rooms and more content!

3DX Devs: Okay! here is a new re-modeled Beach room!

3DX Players: Fuck that! we wanted new rooms not old rooms re-make!

3DX Devs: Fine.. Here.. Take the whole world editor! yey?..

3DX Players: Fuck this piece of shit minecraft ripoff! *rants about canceling their subscription*