3DXChat Community

Problem with the Rift.

Kaname

Hello,

i have an Oculus Rift and i have the problem, that when i dont use it, the sound is still comming out of my Rift. i cant switch it to my Soundcard.

and with that i want to ask if there is still more support for the Rift?

Like to control from the touch controllers or to move the head with the direction from looking with the Rift.

when i was buying the Oculus Rift i was curious how it will be, but i was really disappointed that i was only looking though the 1st person perspective.

Hi Kaname,

You can download a program called "Oculus tray tool" and set your audio to go back to its default speakers/soundcard when  your Oculus rift is taken off. Or set it to go to headphones when rift is put on. Can also set your SuperSampling for different profiles and do tons of other tweaks. . It is a must have for rift users.. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/5okoju/oculus_tray_tool/

It is under tray tool/ Use Audio switcher options when you check the box. 

ZNE9ofM.png

Here is video tutorial on how to use it and all its features. Its free to.. 

The camera can be moved around by pressing f5 f6 and f7 and the WASD keys well in rift. It is a pain using keyboard . You can map the keys to a xbox controller for ease of access. To be honest i found the game unplayable without a custom xbox controller configuration. They really need to do work and add in the option to custom map controls. You have to use a third party program for that as well. 

And yes I agree with you Touch controls  are a must.  More improvements and tweaks are needed for this game and Rift. Its not very user friendly or intuitive as is. It demands lots of fiddeling on the customers part to get everything working to the point where its enjoyable. The optimization also needs major improvement. 

Hope it helps and goodluck :)

Hello .

I 'm owner  Oculus Rift CV1 and using it in this game from July almost every day   . I have found solution how to control moving inside location and moving camera inside as well . I have no Oculus Touch at all .I using Xbox game controller . I have remap keyboard key to Xbox . This is site where you could to download demo version .  Later  I could to send you configuration which you could to load for this game .

http://keysticks.net

About how to convert voice to text ( by using Ghrome text recognition plug in )  a already wrote here .