3DXChat Community

What does the human soul mean to you?

OLESYA

Doesn't mean anything to me, as a 'soul' implies a god and religion. Religion is a man-made way to control people. You were nothing before you were born and you will be nothing when you die. "god" didn't create man, man created "god" to control his fellow man and because they were to scared to realize when you die you cease to exist (No 'Heaven' no 'Hell'). Hard to believe so many people are brain-washed by this.

Just my 2 cents...

(and my family thinks I will burn in 'Hell' forever because I'm a lesbian, glad I don't believe in that bullshit)

Doesn't mean anything to me, as a 'soul' implies a god and religion. Religion is a man-made way to control people. You were nothing before you were born and you will be nothing when you die. "god" didn't create man, man created "god" to control his fellow man and because they were to scared to realize when you die you cease to exist (No 'Heaven' no 'Hell'). Hard to believe so many people are brain-washed by this.

Just my 2 cents...

(and my family thinks I will burn in 'Hell' forever because I'm a lesbian, glad I don't believe in that bullshit)

Here's the Lord I believe in :Phttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2gVXd7FzhQ

To be human is to be able to have the freedom to think and make choices on your own. We live in a society that teaches us that we need opinion, we need other peoples thoughts to formulate our own choices. Have you ever thought.. What makes us different than animals? Not superiority but us as humans have a brain that is able to connect more dots. We are able to use our brain to build and innovate. I mean look at where we are now. If there is anything I want you to take away from this is one thing and it's very important to understand. All the answered are in YOU. Don't seek answers, approvals or opinions from others that doesn't want good for you. You are are in this life to make a difference and to be remembered for the great things YOU done in your life.

Its no wonder extra terrestrial life has not visited us, If I was a significantly advanced race that viewed the human race my first impression would be "Look at the funny hairless apes killing each other over a belief in a non-existent deity just to control each other, hopefully they will wipe themselves out before they can spread their senseless violence to the rest of the galaxy"....Nevermore, quotes the raven.

OLESYA you ask a very packed question but i'll do my best. Well i'm about to reveal my views.. Obviously i don't think like others but that's OK. I'll start simply by saying that all of us are a product of our parents and their parents before them's DNA. Our bodies are a compilation of their mixed genes, regardless how you interpret them. Your hair colour and eye colour were interpreted by your genes. Effectually all your physical character traits are passed down from your ancestors.  Some of us hit the DNA jackpot lottery but most of us don't. The reality is that our bodies are just a total of our parents and their ancestor's DNA.. That explains our hair colour, your eye colour, your skin colour and everything else about you of course as far as DNA goes...

But there is more to this than a person.... are we just DNA? I certainly don't think so. I believe that each of us have a soul, weather we want to admit it or not. That soul is the driving factor in our being.... Yeah that's right. Without a soul there is no life. At least that's what I think. The soul is the epicentre of one's being. It's the one thing that control's every action this person takes. While we might consider things like a "thank you" or a "god bless" as a sign of being good.... it's not...

Anyone can say these things. Our souls are shown by our actions when no one is looking. Ever see the person being bullied.... and a voice inside you came and told you to do something. That was  your soul!... ever see someone sitting along in highschooll and you feel something come over you to go sit with this person? Or you're walking down the street and seeing someone struggling with money or food and you give them something to get them threw the day.... that's your soul.... our someone who is dying in a burning home and no one wants to save them even fire department and you go and save that person, that's your sou... 

You see.... you're soul isn't' tied to who you are. it is separate. Anyone can have a soul in my world. I think we have a loving and forgiven lord who loves all his children and I think we all deserve that love even if we aren't perfect. I love all of  you and hope you take my message to heart. We are all in this world together! for those who are parents, you will understand the next song, but even for those who aren't if y you're an aunts niece or cousin uncle or nephew enjoy OK?

Now soulmates...That's a whole other subject but I'll just say this about it. When you find a soulmate you know it. It's like being strucked by lightning or winning the lottery. this is something that comes once in a lifetime. You may never see it again so it's important that when you do find it that you hold tight. While you might find love in your life, it's only controlled by the neurons in your brain, once that stops so does your love. The love you feel form a genuine soulmate never stops because it's not based on human emotions....

I don't know what else to say so i'll stop now. I hope I haven't offended anyone.

Smooth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_nImUzRv0w

Its no wonder extra terrestrial life has not visited us, If I was a significantly advanced race that viewed the human race my first impression would be "Look at the funny hairless apes killing each other over a belief in a non-existent deity just to control each other, hopefully they will wipe themselves out before they can spread their senseless violence to the rest of the galaxy"....Nevermore, quotes the raven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0EvVkKdGak

Olesya think about free will.
if you have a soul you do not have free will.

Think abou our free will and our decision-making freedom. If in our physical world our immaterial mental states are caused by the brain, and if our brain is to decide, what remains of free will?

"If my ego extends to my whole body then there is no doubt that I am always myself, obviously in the absence of external coercion. Paradoxically, if the self is understood as an immaterial instance of self-referential nature and distinct from the body itself, the soul itself, then the existence of free will is seriously questioned by experimental investigations. "

The soul is just like a judge of what you do.
I think the soul does not exist. it is an invention to control the peoples.

Well here's my opinion on this, we live in a society that is all about seeing. If you see something you believe it, but without seeing it you don't believe it. However there are many things in our world which you can't see but know exist. Here are just 12 examples:

1: Radio waves - We know that this type of electromagnetic waves are used to communicate with different electronic devices, but are not visible.

2: Atoms - Atoms are the smallest building blocks in our universe and everything in our observable universe is made of atoms yet the human eye has never seen a single atom.

3: Dark Matter: Dark Matter doesn't contain any light or energy yet can be calculated by the movements of planets. About 80% of our universe is made of dark matter yet we cannot see it with our own eyes...

4: Antimatter: Antimatter is the opposite of matter, how do we know they exist, because of the world's accelerators and other scientific tools yet we have never seen antimatter.

5: Air/Oxygen - well this one is pretty obvious but it's amazing that something we can't see is also the source that keeps us alive.

6: Ultraviolet light - This is the type of electromagnetic wave responsible for sun burns. We know they exist yet we can't see them (bumblebees can!)

7: Gravity: We can measure gravity however we cannot see gravity.

8: Infrared: - Anything that emits heat radiates infrared waves. For example the human body emits infrared waves but we cannot see them.

9: The Mind - While we can study the brain and it's chemical reactions, but thoughts are completely intangible to us and we cannot see them.

10: Emotions - We can see someone's facial expressions and body language, we can measure which part of the brain is affected by emotions but they are intangible to us and we cannot see them.

11: Quantum Particles - Quantum Particles exist in subatomic level (smaller than an atom). Scientists know they exist in magnetic and electrostatic environments but we cannot see them.

12: The entire universe! - We know it exists, we can see small parts of it with telescopes but we can't even fathom the extent of the universe, how mind blowing is that? 

It's pretty obvious that there are many things in our universe that we know for a fact exists but that you will never actually see with your own eyes. So to say that a soul, the principle of life, feeling, thought, and action in humans, regarded as a distinct entity separate from the body, and commonly held to be separable in existence from the body; the spiritual part of humans as distinct from the physical part doesn't exist simply because you can't see it is false.

While we understand that our minds are controlled by a series of chemical reactions in our brains, what controls those chemical reactions? Do they just spontaneously happen or is your soul or that life source inside of you controlling those chemical reactions? Clearly something inside of you is controlling your chemical reactions and electronic signals between your muscles and your brains.

Regardless what you think, it's clear that all of us living have a life source inside of us that keeps us going. If you want to explain it away as some random cosmic anomaly or you want to rather see it as something tangible like a soul or the spiritual aspect of yourself, that is your choice however it is clear that we all have a life source, if we didn't we wouldn't be alive! While we may not be able to see that life source, it's clear it exists, to claim otherwise is to live in ignorance. 

Human Soul.......humanity.....for me that means mostly thinking about how we want to be...

The question about god and the meaning of lie will remain a mystery to mankind (at least I hope so), so the main question for me, Independent of the  idea of god or several lives or anything like that is: what are we going to do with the live we are going to live exactly now? And does it really matter if there is a life after this one? Either we manage to live this life or it does not matter how many lives we got. What makes us think that the next life might be better if we do not manage to live this life?

For me, human soul is close connected to love. In the end love is the answer to everything, at least if you intend to live a lucky life. Love who you are, love what you do, love all the people around you, and you will be connected to what we like to call the human soul. What drives me is the question of how I would define humanity, which values I see connected with it and how I would like to act to contribute to humanity. And one of the universal answers for me is love. Whatever you do, do it with love, if you do something with love, you can't do wrong.

Kisses

Zokora

Human Soul.......humanity.....for me that means mostly thinking about how we want to be...

The question about god and the meaning of lie will remain a mystery to mankind (at least I hope so), so the main question for me, Independent of the  idea of god or several lives or anything like that is: what are we going to do with the live we are going to live exactly now? And does it really matter if there is a life after this one? Either we manage to live this life or it does not matter how many lives we got. What makes us think that the next life might be better if we do not manage to live this life?

For me, human soul is close connected to love. In the end love is the answer to everything, at least if you intend to live a lucky life. Love who you are, love what you do, love all the people around you, and you will be connected to what we like to call the human soul. What drives me is the question of how I would define humanity, which values I see connected with it and how I would like to act to contribute to humanity. And one of the universal answers for me is love. Whatever you do, do it with love, if you do something with love, you can't do wrong.

Kisses

Zokora

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=509FpN5fkUIhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvT0L64oPgk

If I have a 'soul' it belongs to my darling partner, without her there is no life. Some of the haters here would say that lesbians have no soul because they are an abomination to the 'god' and therefore unnatural. I don't really care. When I have my lips pressed against hers there is no world, No "heaven" , no "Hell", there is only her...Most the population here accepts lesbians as long as we don't go overboard in a public place which I tend to do sometimes. A 'soul' doesn't necessarily mean 'religion' (which I don't believe in) it can mean the essence of your feeling towards you fellow humans (which there doesn't seem to be much of these days).. Just stay out of my world that totally revolves around the one I cannot live without.

I agree, YOU are my heart and 'soul'. We are so much alike. You are my life too my darling. Although I don't know how many of the others here will care about your 'mushy' stuff. Not that I care what anyone thinks. Lets just try not to get kicked out of another restaurant by almost making love on the table. Control yourself...we could end up in jail next time :P

I don't think you can prove or disprove it's existence. A scientist might say if an argument can't be proven or backed up with some facts, then don't bother me. I get that, they are interested in less abstract concepts. There's only 24 hours in a day after all and they need to make tenure or preserve their funding. On the other hand, if, 400 years ago, you had said men would fly through the air in metal machines, you definitely would have been laughed at, shunned perhaps, or even locked up (or worse) for blasphemy. For the time being, the existence of a soul is a matter of faith, sure. 200 years from now? Who knows.

Screw 400 years ago, there are STILL country's in the world right now that you are jailed for life or put to death just for being a lesbian. Or whipped in the streets for showing your hair or face in public. Where is the 'soul' there?  It got swallowed up by once again..fucking religion.

Screw 400 years ago, there are STILL country's in the world right now that you are jailed for life or put to death just for being a lesbian. Or whipped in the streets for showing your hair or face in public. Where is the 'soul' there?  It got swallowed up by once again..fucking religion.

I agree with you Allison, there is lots of hypocrisy in religion. Some religions teach love yet their members judge others and instead of spreading love, they spread hate. I think if everyone followed the teachings of Jesus, we would have a much better world. He said to love one another and not to judge. Instead of spending his time with the religious people of his time, he spent all his time with the outcasts of society and people who were look as sinners. I'm sorry that some of you have suffered judgement because of your lifestyles. Being a father myself, I would never stop loving my son regardless of his decisions and i'm not perfect. Imagine how much a perfect father would love his children!

I agree with you Allison, there is lots of hypocrisy in religion. Some religions teach love yet their members judge others and instead of spreading love, they spread hate. I think if everyone followed the teachings of Jesus, we would have a much better world. He said to love one another and not to judge. Instead of spending his time with the religious people of his time, he spent all his time with the outcasts of society and people who were look as sinners. I'm sorry that some of you have suffered judgement because of your lifestyles. Being a father myself, I would never stop loving my son regardless of his decisions and i'm not perfect. Imagine how much a perfect father would love his children!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpkPatxQCR4&t

Yikes! Tough question. Stirring ALOT of emotions ..

A soul for me is : 

The sum of my lifetime experiences.

Experiences that might be good or bad, experiences that shaped my personality, shaped my being, shaped how i love, care and live my life.

All this ignoring religion, sex and sexual preferences, color, race, gender.

Also ignore what society wants me to believe in because THEY think it's innapropriate. I have a mind, i can use it, i know how to use it .. I can make my own decisions if i like something or not. I dont need a neigbor telling me i shouldn't like this or not, i'll educate myself if i dont know about something and ill make my own mind up.. Society will not influence it.

My soul, not hidden, accessible by anyone, if they take the time to look thru the doorways to it .. The eyes.

Love,

Stella

PS : I'll adapt a favorite quote of mine from a movie .. 'Call me a senseless romantic, one more time' :)