3DXChat Community

TO DEAR DEVS ABOUT NEW HAIRSTYLE (THEY ARE HORRIBLE?)

Aliviax

Style is a personal thing. What is not a personal thing is Quality, 1 month for content that is poorly developed. Honestly it looks like it was rushed together in one afternoon. This is not 1 months worth of work or even 1 weeks worth of work. And this is my issue with 3dx as time goes by we get less and less, and the quality seems to follow that same pattern.

Abbey

I am also a "newbie". This game is way better than IMVU and Achat. I think some people just like to complain, but they paid their money here so it's really their prerogative. They earned being able to say certain things here by paying to be here, just like I did despite being a "newbie". So if you have been here three years, staying here, playing every day, all day, and not liking this place doesn't make you any better than anyone, if anything it makes you ... hmmm.

Ok. With that, I agree, I really have no use for most of these new hairstyles. A couple are Ok, but I think they are just trying to release as many options as possible, when they do, because people here complain so much. For a game revolving around sex, there is TONS of content here already. Dozens of poses, great locations and a lot of user shared apartments. It's weird, with my time here so far, I have found some people don't even use these options anymore? I just find that so bizarre.

Design-wise, this game is great. Maybe that gets clouded over when you have been here to long? I don't know. There is always the personal option to leave and go play a different game. That's what I did to come here. But when my one month is up, I may leave and go back to IMVU. Have not decided yet, so ok. Thankees. Boop Boop

And speaking of complaining, why can't we buy more clothes! Gahhhh! What's the point of having gold if you cannot really buy anything? That I really don't understand. Ok, I am done, promise. <3

Amy said...

So if you have been here three years, staying here, playing every day, all day, and not liking this place doesn't make you any better than anyone, if anything it makes you ... hmmm.

What Amy? What does it make you?

I think that you will find that many of the complainers that have been here that long have contributed sufficiently to the game, via the forum, in a multitude of different ways.

Style is a personal thing. What is not a personal thing is Quality, 1 month for content that is poorly developed. Honestly it looks like it was rushed together in one afternoon. This is not 1 months worth of work or even 1 weeks worth of work. And this is my issue with 3dx as time goes by we get less and less, and the quality seems to follow that same pattern.

Abbey

Exactly. I saw this on Daz

https://www.daz3d.com/perrin-hair-for-genesis-3-8-female-s

https://www.daz3d.com/paisley-for-teen-josie-8

When you look at these they look much better. So one has to wonder if there was an issue rendering the hair? Like how toyoh kick it up so terribly?

When you look at these they look much better. So one has to wonder if there was an issue rendering the hair? Like how toyoh kick it up so terribly?

This Avatars looks hot and very realistic :huh::wub:

I am also a "newbie". This game is way better than IMVU and Achat. I think some people just like to complain, but they paid their money here so it's really their prerogative. They earned being able to say certain things here by paying to be here, just like I did despite being a "newbie". So if you have been here three years, staying here, playing every day, all day, and not liking this place doesn't make you any better than anyone, if anything it makes you ... hmmm.

Design-wise, this game is great. Maybe that gets clouded over when you have been here to long? I don't know. There is always the personal option to leave and go play a different game.

And speaking of complaining, why can't we buy more clothes! Gahhhh! What's the point of having gold if you cannot really buy anything? That I really don't understand. Ok, I am done, promise. <3

That legit doesn't make any sense. Yeah, spring of next year I'll have been around 4 years. I'm not in game nor was I on everyday and if I was so what. Most people that I hung out with are no longer in game. People take breaks, return for a bit, etc. The excitement of something different and new wears off with anyone in time. Technology is supposed to progress not regress or simply stay stagnant. It's a valid opinion as people were asking for options for years but they spin out crap. Yes if I buy something I expect quality. If I am not receiving it I take my money elsewhere or just drop it altogether such as I have.

I maybe getting old and dislike change, but the only new hairstyle have liked since 2.5 is the mohawk. The only thing I have been impressed with recently is the new beach. Is Lisa still about? A lot of the new assets feel like purchases from the Unity store rather than custom stuff. I would prefer higher quality than just chucking in some after market stuff to keep the people happy who moan about lack of updates all the time. 3DX is better than the competition because of the animations looking good, avatars looking good without masses of customisation and dropping currency on improving your overall look.

Oh so the new hair styles are from Daz3D, and you are right, Daz hair styles are really hard to get looking good in Unity.

Most have multi layers which each need to have different shaders, some are transparent and others double sided transparent.

It takes a lot of time to get Daz3D hair to look right in Unity, and by the looks of what they have they haven't done much to get it right.

It pretty much looks like they loaded it and left it very much how it came out.

They could also find themselves in trouble if they haven't paid for the use of it in games, as they are fooling with Autodesk who backs the artists that place things in the Daz3D assets store.

Oh so the new hair styles are from Daz3D, and you are right, Daz hair styles are really hard to get looking good in Unity.

Most have multi layers which each need to have different shaders, some are transparent and others double sided transparent.

It takes a lot of time to get Daz3D hair to look right in Unity, and by the looks of what they have they haven't done much to get it right.

It pretty much looks like they loaded it and left it very much how it came out.

They could also find themselves in trouble if they haven't paid for the use of it in games, as they are fooling with Autodesk who backs the artists that place things in the Daz3D assets store.

I saw the styles there but I can't say with certainty that they got them there but it looks that way. But I do agree that wherever they are from they were just slapped together. Which makes it seem like the thought process was just to release whatever for the sake of checking it off the to do list. Or on the flip to appease those who voice opinions about lack of updates. Honestly one quality hair style would be worth all eight of these,

When ever i create art or build a club, wilps pretty much anyting ah try to do eet with tha best of mah ability. Quality and attention to detail is important to me and the final product, for me has to be something im proud of. 

I wonder if the creators of this game have the same mind set when they create. Agreed that the avatars are excellent, the dance animations ar excellent, the clubs and beaches are excellent. Lately tho, the new updates seem to be lacking the same quality. I wonder why. 

Always take pride in your work and creations because they are a reflection of you and you have the opportunity to inspire others and set high standards that people will admire. 

This game has definately started off that way and i hope eet regains eets former glories i do i do.

Thanx for the efforts tho Devs but we are a picky bunch and we are all used to high quality that you guys started with and we want eet to continue. <3

Now to tha Dev Stations and Dev up some Awesomeness WooHooooooooooooo!

Hmm, Camden brings up a great point...if the new hair styles here can be fixed/rendered to match Camden's linked images, then I personally think they will be FREAKIN AWESOME !!! Fingers crossed XXX : )

PS: Maybe surprise us with this outfit too...so cute ❤❤❤

paisley_04.jpg

Honestly, the new hairstyles look okay if you know how to color your hair correctly from the roots to the tip.

The "mop" everyone keeps referring to is a modern layered haircut, while the newer one is a waterfall hairstyle, though the curls are a bit aggressive. The new hairstyles, minus one of them, remind me of Victorian hairstyles that were very unique for their time, though many here don't quite see them as modern hairstyles for women.

The original hairstyles the game has include modern hair, like the pixie cut (Or the SammySweetheart, it's the only one I use for my avatar), plus your ponytail and full length locks.

The problem here is what kind of hairstyle you need for what occasion. Going out and hanging out with your friends? Stay with the haircut you originally started the game with, it's the only hairstyle that people will recognize you with.

Going out on a date with someone in the game? Change it up, I do. You don't want to keep wearing the same hair OVER and OVER again each and every time you go out on a date. Make a statement with every hairstyle you use.

If you look up "Beautiful Wedding Hairstyles" on Google, you'll see where development got their inspirations from. They weren't picking and choosing at random the new hairstyles they implemented to the game, if people are still getting married in the game, why not spice up your hairstyle for the big day?

When I come back to the game, I'm looking forward to using each and every hairstyle to my advantage. There's an Elsa from Frozen in the mix, along with a puffier version of Lara Croft's hair from Tomb Raider, with a few Victorian storytelling hair pieces that I could roleplay with (I can see a Belle from Beauty and the Beast in there, too), and I can always go back to my Sweetheart Pixie cut when I'm done using my imagination.

These hairstyles are the furthest thing away from shower caps, for sure.

You make the hairstyle, the hairstyle doesn't make you.

post-6890-0-40713600-1505925019_thumb.jpg

I found these examples on the internet, also. Use your imagination.

The first is what I imagine a wedding day hairstyle should look like and now with the new hairstyles in game, we have that ability to pick and choose that very same hairstyle; the second is what Victorian hairstyles looked like back in the day and the third hairstyle is what I imagine I could roleplay as though the in-game waterfall locks are a bit more aggressive...*cough* make marriages free again...*cough, cough* :P

post-6890-0-13753400-1505926897_thumb.jpg

post-6890-0-75797000-1505926909_thumb.jpg

post-6890-0-10196700-1505926921_thumb.jpg