3DXChat Community

Colored text in profiles

CrazyAli

Honestly.

Last few days few people figured out how to do it, it is same way as in Local / world chat which you probably seen.

While I know how to do it. I am not sure if we are allowed to do it. For fact I knew few people who reported it to development.

I would wait for their official stance before getting crazy with colours in chat and profiles.

But I am sure people will teach you anyway since no one have bit self control here :P

They are using HTML codes for this.

Like <color=red>Text</color> that makes the text red. If you like have a bold text use also <b>text</b>. <i>text</i> means italic.

:huh: ... Tags works in chat Box and in Profile :blink:

I don't thought that the way so easy is and this is the reason for never test before :lol:

What is coming soon, little Homepages in all public chats? :D

• 11 months later...

Personally i dont think its illegal to use colors , this possibility appeared when the UI changed . And there is more illegal anyway ( Cf : shit engine ) .

But i agree that some are abusing of the size in world chat . Seeing "COME FUCK IN MY ROOM" in world chat is little weird , but less than "COME FUCK IN MY ROOMlol . 

Since when is HTML called a hack :lol:

Hilarious.

If it wouldnt be allowed it wouldnt be active in Chat and Profile at all. As a game developer and programmer you have control over what you want to allow and what not. Its really simple to turn off HTML protocols on chats like this. In additon I havent seen any rules against it and so far not all HTML codes are working. I am pretty it is intented to work and not really a hack :rolleyes:

It even works in Gifts.

But I agree with what people are saying ,that it is getting out of hand a little and is also a potential security risk to exploit (hence why other chat games or games that support text chat have HTML and BB Code turned off by default)

EDIT: Blargh. Necrothread -_-

Hey there!

Yes HTML code is alright to be used in 3DXChat in the game as long as it's used within reason and not have size 100 letters taking over the chat. There is many different HTML codes and such on the internet, just gotta find the right place, but be also aware, that not all HTML features work, but the majority of them do. :)

Hey there!

Yes HTML code is alright to be used in 3DXChat in the game as long as it's used within reason and not have size 100 letters taking over the chat. There is many different HTML codes and such on the internet, just gotta find the right place, but be also aware, that not all HTML features work, but the majority of them do. :)

Thats basically what I said :lol::P