3DXChat Community

Play YOUR game, leave others alone...

Brandaen

Well, this is interesting. Standing up to someone publicly is considered a worse act than the original behavior of abusing and harassing of others.

I don't usually screenshot my PMs to collect evidence. Most online communities I've ever been a part of use forums and other community driven mechanisms to police this sort of behavior. I guess here your only recourse is to collect evidence, send to admins, ignore the person & hope it all magically goes away.

I must admit I did not anticipate getting ridiculed and belittled. Someone that knows a lot more about this community than I do warned me this would happen... I guess I should have listened.

I'm sure the person in question is feeling pretty good about himself right about now. Too bad there will be no repercussions and the next new person targeted will have to suffer a similar fate. It's sad because I know some of the very people making light of this thread know exactly how disruptive and hurtful this behavior can be.

My apologies for thinking someone might give a shit.

Brandean, unfortunately the behaviour described has happened to almost every decent person playing the game. What has happened to you isn't unique. Yes it totally sucks, but you need to rise above it and soar like a champion.. Ive been accused of being other people before, I just laughed and got on with my game. If you really are who you say you are you have nothing to worry about and the person making the accusations would be proved wrong in time. This is not the place to moan about it.

As many people have said, if they directly threaten you or harass you, screen shot and report. Don't moan to the whole community, it will just cause more dramas.

What did you expect from us? I don't know you and I don't have nothing against you but you wrote a post against "no one", warning us about the nothing. So your post is pointless. Show the balls at least and shot the name, even if i agree with who said you should fix ur problems face 2 face without grabbing in the whole community. But if you wanna be a real superhero you have to go to the whole hog

Okay. Brandean I don't know what other games you played.

But almost all social game have this rule  - No Shaming of other players on forums.

I Played few of games in my time. including large ones like WoW and LoL ... and all have same rules. Screenshot and report to mods.

Community can't pick up your side - We don't know you. For all we know he might be right and you wrong.

Well, this is interesting. Standing up to someone publicly is considered a worse act than the original behavior of abusing and harassing of others.

I don't usually screenshot my PMs to collect evidence. Most online communities I've ever been a part of use forums and other community driven mechanisms to police this sort of behavior. I guess here your only recourse is to collect evidence, send to admins, ignore the person & hope it all magically goes away.

I must admit I did not anticipate getting ridiculed and belittled. Someone that knows a lot more about this community than I do warned me this would happen... I guess I should have listened.

I'm sure the person in question is feeling pretty good about himself right about now. Too bad there will be no repercussions and the next new person targeted will have to suffer a similar fate. It's sad because I know some of the very people making light of this thread know exactly how disruptive and hurtful this behavior can be.

My apologies for thinking someone might give a shit.

LOL i have screenshots, of all of it! But I will not stoop to their level. I'm here to enjoy conversations with some really cool people, not to waste my time with idiots. Put this behind you, Brand, and move on, there really are great people here, just a matter of finding the diamonds among a wee bit of garbage.

I don't care to comment about this thread per se, but I do have a comment about people who post smartass remarks or memes when they don't agree with something:

Please shut the fuck up.

I am really tired of people who trash threads they don't agree with. If you don't agree or if you have lost interest in a thread, then just ignore it and please stop amusing yourselves at other people's expense.

Every one comes here has a newb. All newbs go through the same growing pains. If you are just too fucking cool to tolerate newbs anymore, then start your own thread and trash who or whatever you want. Feel free to start with me.

...getting down off my soapbox.

*sigh* just like Shanti stated, this is a war already.

This is exactly kind of behavior the in game troll,mentioned in the initial post, love to feed on.

I am surprised however, how quickly we are ready to grab eachother's throats and squeeze it...so sad actually.

Internet or not, there is a REAL human being behind each fucking computer, people.

Please do not bother to quote this, for you won't get any response from me. I just had to get this out of my chest and not here to war with any of you.

lol I take it you are talking about me sage?

Did you trash this thread by making smartass remarks without even once addressing the OP's concerns? Seems to me that you made at least one serious answer here, so then I wouldn't be talking about you, Macca.

And I'm not saying that memes have no place or that all threads have to be serious.

I'm just saying that there are more than a few people who really don't give two shits one way or the other, but love to take every opportunity to amuse themselves at other people's expense. 

So if a thread starts out as a joke, by all means, make jokes. But if a newb asks for help dealing with something that we have all gone through at one time or the other, why jump on his shit just because he's a newb?

But as far as I am concerned, anyone who can't be bothered to help bring a newb up to speed ought to just shut the fuck up.

I am really tired of people who trash threads they don't agree with. If you don't agree or if you have lost interest in a thread, then just ignore it and please stop amusing yourselves at other people's expense.

Forum - .

a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

"we hope these pages act as a forum for debate"

Not everyone is going to have the same views. does that mean they cant speak and give their opinion? is not agreeing with someone trashing them?

I think you are the first person to make an offensive comment.. yes there has been a bit of sarcastic humour, but a majority of what has been said is sound advice that the originator does not feel is adequate and made sarcastic remarks about them. Its up to him whether he listens to it or not..

Don't care if you think im a smart ass. I have every right to express my opinion as does everyone else.

Update: I know about this incident. I had been talking to one of the victims and was going to try and help by talking to the person in question. The originator even stated he was advised by an experienced player not to post this. But he did anyway. Help and advise was offered to a newbie and he chose to ignore it.

Guest Lexii

Yes, I get that we aren't discussing barbecues...but something I have learnt lately.  Ok, back to the seagulls again. <3

2006-12-03-pointlss.gif?__SQUARESPACE_CA

Every time we discuss the same topic in different variations, this is just depressing and boring, because these discussions are meaningless, no one will solve your problems but yourself Brandaen. In this forum there are already similar topics, read what is written in these topics and how they ended? I'll tell you right away - the problem is not solved. If you would like to speak, it was necessary to speak to people close to you, and do not throw your emotions here. Here you will hear either sympathy or denial and of course banter. This is not a guide to action, it's just my opinion

Enjoying the posts. XD

Take it to an admin, let alone fight your own battles. If you don't stand up for yourself and take risks, where can one get in life?

Simply report and go back to enjoying the product you paid to access.