3DXChat Community

Play YOUR game, leave others alone...

Brandaen

Having joined in late May and taking nearly 2 weeks off in the middle of June, one could say I'm basically a newbie.  Having said that, I'm a newbie to 3DX but not to the concept of VL, role-playing and chat environments.  3DX is a fascinating combination of visual stimulation and social interaction that ends up hitting most people unexpectedly like a freight train...and usually in a good way.

However, I have recently run across a situation where a certain player, and I won't name names unless it comes to that, has taken it upon himself to act as the sheriff of 3DX, except this sheriff assumes you are guilty until he can prove you innocent.  How does he 'prove' one is innocent?  Well, from what I've been told and experienced directly from him he uses everything from long drawn out mind games, to direct manipulation of the persons friends to direct threats like 'I will end it all' and 'I suggest you create a new AVI' all because it is HIS belief that you are not who you say you are.

For some perspective, this person has accused 3 of his closest female friends in the game of being a man at different points, and this usually happens when their behavior is different than what he thinks it should be.  As a matter of fact, one of his closest female friends (that he accused of being a man) is the one to reveal just how ridiculous he was being by letting my friend know he thought her and I were the same person.

This person holds himself is very high regard and masquerades around as a 'Protector' and uses the excuse that he is trying to help, when in fact, he is trying his very best to break down another player in some way, shape or form.  To me, this is one of the most selfish and destructive acts one can do in this game.  Taking it upon yourself to make someone else s business your business and then truly harassing the person with no real proof other than a feeling or an odd coincidence.  This behavior is unconscionable in my opinion.

Many people will know exactly who I am talking about in this thread.  Think of someone who is extremely judgmental, very nosy, meddlesome and arrogant beyond belief and who is online more than anyone really should be.  This of someone who has probably had multiple conversations with you about who this person might be or who that person might be.  Yes, I think you're probably getting a pretty clear picture of who this person is.

Let me put it to you this way.  He has made direct accusations to my face that he thinks I am no less than 4 separate avis.  Yes, this would mean 2 separate accounts because i have personally seen some of the avis hes accusing me of being on at the same time as 2 other of these avis.  Unless I'm missing something, you can only have 1 avi logged in at a time.  So does this mean this person assumes I have 3 separate accounts and log them all simultaneously and actively play them at the same time?  I wish I were that dexterous and nimble minded.

Anyway, if there are any reading this can can vouch for my authenticity..OR that know who I'm talking about and want to tell him he's WAY out of line, please help me out.  My game as well as the game of a good friend on here are being seriously affected in a negative way.  My friend was hounded almost non-stop for 2 solid weeks and was accused of being 3 different alts and even a real life person not directly connected to the game.

You know who you are.  You know what you're doing is wrong.  You know you do not have the communities support on this...so STOP IT before you lose more than the morale high ground you so righteously stand upon as you throw out accusation after accusation.

To everyone else:  Please do not take this as a smear campaign, but I was really cornered last night when this person came and threatened he would 'end everything' for me.  I felt I had no other outlet and thought maybe if he sees the community is not behind this kind of behavior and actually admonishes it, then maybe he will change his ways.  I'm hoping at the very LEAST he'll leave me and my friend alone!

Well now I want to know who this is lol

But in all seriousness this is pretty mean behaviour even if peeps are male operated female avis. I've not come across this and I've been here a while (albeit online rather infrequently) but there are plenty of folks here who play the game just to mess with others. Bit like rl really.

However, there have been a few discussions around here about male operated female avis being used explicitly to mess with or manipulate the few of us actual girls that there are here. That's just as bad.

Shame on both camps. I despair of the human animal sometimes.

XD saying men are playing female avatars, well that's kind of true. Let people play how they want to though, the fun is in the game. You really expect the female avatars to be 100% female in real life? I don't, tis the internet after all. But the point of games is to have fun, and what you're reporting isn't right. Same with people using female avatars to gain stuff but are dudes manipulating others. Hope that jerk gets taken care of though.

(Kind of some of the concerns as to why I'm still avoiding the game)

Sorry to say this, but when you have a problem with a player, either handle it directly with him/her, or take it to admins with the needed proofs.

There is no point dragging the rest of the community in it, does nothing but amplifying the situation.

This kind of topics only ends in flame wars.

The more attention you give, the more options one will seek to torment you !

Rodolfo... An adult community, but some people here act like school yard bullies so it sometimes feels a bit like kindergarten.

Brandaen,

Using your own words:

"Play YOUR game, leave others alone..."

I personaly don't care about your "drama" nor most people here (i believe), hell i don't even know you LOL!

So in my opinion you should solve your issues in private or whatever, cause this isn't the "adult" way  ;)

Just saying..

Yes, hide and let people continue this bullshit unabated. Great idea. Nice community.

I'm glad the real world doesn't treat a users the way this place does.

Hmmm yeah, in real world you complain to whom? Mommy? Or you take some action yourself directly?!

Cause that's what i'm saying. If you're not getting it.. Well i tried. Not my problem..

Again,

Welcome to 3DXCHAT  :D

You seem awesome Venom. Can't imagine why we don't know each other....

Cause aparently i know how to choose my friends and you don't!? (no offense to the good ones you might have) Lol

Relax and enjoy the game  :P

And I'm done with this thread xD

Having joined in late May and taking nearly 2 weeks off in the middle of June, one could say I'm basically a newbie.  Having said that, I'm a newbie to 3DX but not to the concept of VL, role-playing and chat environments.  3DX is a fascinating combination of visual stimulation and social interaction that ends up hitting most people unexpectedly like a freight train...and usually in a good way.

However, I have recently run across a situation where a certain player, and I won't name names unless it comes to that, has taken it upon himself to act as the sheriff of 3DX, except this sheriff assumes you are guilty until he can prove you innocent.  How does he 'prove' one is innocent?  Well, from what I've been told and experienced directly from him he uses everything from long drawn out mind games, to direct manipulation of the persons friends to direct threats like 'I will end it all' and 'I suggest you create a new AVI' all because it is HIS belief that you are not who you say you are.

For some perspective, this person has accused 3 of his closest female friends in the game of being a man at different points, and this usually happens when their behavior is different than what he thinks it should be.  As a matter of fact, one of his closest female friends (that he accused of being a man) is the one to reveal just how ridiculous he was being by letting my friend know he thought her and I were the same person.

This person holds himself is very high regard and masquerades around as a 'Protector' and uses the excuse that he is trying to help, when in fact, he is trying his very best to break down another player in some way, shape or form.  To me, this is one of the most selfish and destructive acts one can do in this game.  Taking it upon yourself to make someone else s business your business and then truly harassing the person with no real proof other than a feeling or an odd coincidence.  This behavior is unconscionable in my opinion.

Many people will know exactly who I am talking about in this thread.  Think of someone who is extremely judgmental, very nosy, meddlesome and arrogant beyond belief and who is online more than anyone really should be.  This of someone who has probably had multiple conversations with you about who this person might be or who that person might be.  Yes, I think you're probably getting a pretty clear picture of who this person is.

Let me put it to you this way.  He has made direct accusations to my face that he thinks I am no less than 4 separate avis.  Yes, this would mean 2 separate accounts because i have personally seen some of the avis hes accusing me of being on at the same time as 2 other of these avis.  Unless I'm missing something, you can only have 1 avi logged in at a time.  So does this mean this person assumes I have 3 separate accounts and log them all simultaneously and actively play them at the same time?  I wish I were that dexterous and nimble minded.

Anyway, if there are any reading this can can vouch for my authenticity..OR that know who I'm talking about and want to tell him he's WAY out of line, please help me out.  My game as well as the game of a good friend on here are being seriously affected in a negative way.  My friend was hounded almost non-stop for 2 solid weeks and was accused of being 3 different alts and even a real life person not directly connected to the game.

You know who you are.  You know what you're doing is wrong.  You know you do not have the communities support on this...so STOP IT before you lose more than the morale high ground you so righteously stand upon as you throw out accusation after accusation.

To everyone else:  Please do not take this as a smear campaign, but I was really cornered last night when this person came and threatened he would 'end everything' for me.  I felt I had no other outlet and thought maybe if he sees the community is not behind this kind of behavior and actually admonishes it, then maybe he will change his ways.  I'm hoping at the very LEAST he'll leave me and my friend alone!

what-if-he-wrote-this-just-to-get-attent

Nolua gave you best advice possible. There's nothing else community can do for you. We don't know you or people who caused you problems. We don't even know if you are right or not.

Send screens to admins and let them deal with it.