3DXChat Community

Hurricane Irma

Nitroo

This is a scary monster. They say it's the most powerful huricane ever, raging and destroying in the caribic atm and probably heading to Florida on weekend. I know some people there and they are very scared. Let's just hope and pray for all people affected.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2017/sep/06/hurricane-irma-caribbean-islands-category-5-storm

Pretty crazy! 

Here's a space view and satalite images as of last night..

Hurricane-Irma-View-From-Space-Station-2

59b07e36d7cfb.image.jpg

"Hurricane Irma is already the most powerful hurricane in recorded Atlantic Ocean history.. As of this morning, its eye is almost as big as the Detroit metropolitan area. And the entire hurricane is bigger then the state of Michigan."

That is hugemongous! They say it should downgrade by the time it hits USA east coast. But its still gonna blast Dominican republic and Cuba and already destroyed a few islands. Hopefully it calms down and goes away and don't hurt anymore people. 

Be safe everyone in its path.    :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

I'm just gonna sit on my ass here the whole time, nothing to worry about.  I'm in Central Florida and I'll be enduring the storm.

I also tend to never take these things seriously, and never panic.  Panic gets you nowhere, after all....

qrQOaPP.png

Nevertheless, stay safe,

-L

I have some friends in Saint Martin, which was directly hit by the strongest part of the huricane.

Eveyrthing is hugely damaged not to say detroyed despite there was a lot of strong house.

The number of death people remains too high but it look like a miracle not to be much higher.

Receiving an email from my friends that they were safe after the hit was such a huge relief and also the next one Jose in the end didn't hit too strong..

Let's hope next area will have only material destroyed. As you say, only life cannot be rebuilt.

And when rebuilt arrive, rich country like France will do what is necessary but there are so many poor area that wil need internationnal support, let's not forget that after that the emotion will have flow down so as always 1 or 2 weeks after.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, right, forgot to post I was okay.  Was pretty straightforward.  Trees fell over, power went out for four days, I emptied out my fridge, everything's cool now.

Looks like I was right as far as MY end.

My heart goes out to those not as fortunate.

Best wishes,

-L