3DXChat Community

DJ Appreciation thread

jaded

I was bumping heads way more than what was needed so stepped out of the DJ team; Chilles is right, I got my own SHOUTcast and been sharing air time on it with others in game. Setting up times when certain themes will be broadcasted as well as just doing them at random times as well. So far Jaded has gather 4-5 hours of Rock and Roll and we are working on a live DJ for Strippers to perform to in Sin, as well he does Hardcore parties around Midnight EST some nights. Cam as well is going to use it to have Hip Hop parties of her own, I think :) Myself I have a Party at my place every Friday night starting at 10:30 EST and Downtempo Sundays, trying to work out a good day to do some Dark DnB/Neurofunk as well as Liquid DnB, these are my Favorite Genres and so many others enjoy them to. Down side people have to tab out to listen, hoping the Devs allow me to stream straight into my room soon, but I can not promise this is an option. Also if people wanted a smaller party they are more than welcome to simply talk with me to see about providing a stream for it :)

The reality is simple, music effects us all, from a sad song breaking our hearts to another sending us into a state of extacy, No one can argue the fact that music can release hormones in us all that make us feel joy and even love. People come to 3DX to escape, to find a reason to smile, some times they come in searching for a little thing to help, music i the first thing that touches them, it should always do it in a way that provides them that release, that molds their moods into something more. I may not be a DJ to some peoples definition but I been a dance and swimming in it since age eight.

Oh and on a side note, Jarod also has a live stream and mixes live several times in the week at night, my nights EST. He will also take request from people to and gets into the crowd.

I don't discuss with you ;)

When you think sit at home and prepare Song Sets or Playlist for Partys or search Songs for Partys and this hours and hours...

Or Stream playlists for ppl for his DJ roleplay is a resultat of my Ego, then is this your problem.

We had also much Rock, and 80s & 90s partys, and we had much other partys and not only techno, House dance and Trance... And soon we are ready for new partys.

The mostly of us have real Jobs in a real world, we can't stream 24h music or prepare all weeks party playlists!
And sorry for this comment but use the credit card and pay DJ sets for stream isn't for me DJing, this are not individual music or same thing for this needs no DJ all people can this self.

And of course all people are free for listening his own music or Internet Radio Stations! I have here very very much links...

Here are only 4 different channels click :)

I don't know, but is a slogan of 3DXchat "we make you happy with music" or join people the Game only for the music? I think it isn't a music or DJ Game, the DJing was always a bonus for nice Community Events with Individual and Theme music and I was and am always ready for this. ;)

To be brutally honest here I prefer it if a person that is interactive is playing the music. I don't care if they pick a bunch of songs, stick them in Winamp and push play. They may not be making their own mix but they are playing music and interacting with the people. If you say they are allowed to stream and just say if they are playing someone else's mix then so be it, as long as it is not a radio station doing it, be it Sky.fm or VirtualDJ Radio. Achilles I even enjoy it when you just pick songs put them on a playlist and hit play, because you are a funny guy and that is what I enjoy, the person playing the music, interacting with the people and everybody having fun.

This all started when some tosser said he prefers a live DJ that speaks and mixes. Said tosser basically called Achilles and the others that had dedicated time for us, fake. DJ is a very broad thing not just some guy with a skew hat and a mixing deckm but people that also have an art in choosing music and playing it. How the fuck do you think Radio Jocks make money hmm ? You want live DJs that live mix and speak, go to fucking Tomorrowland. The DJ's in here use their OWN money and spend their own time entertaining us, and for you to call people fake DJs in your roundabout way.

Achilles my man you are awesome, so are the rest of the DJ's. I don't care what they play or who its from or how they play it, just let them play :) And yes have your super events and live mixing but not everybody is a pro nor do they have the money to do it, but let them entertain the ones that enjoy it instead of listening to the few that want to spoil it. I say let the DJ's stream, Achilles, Nolua, Gene, all of them, and if you don't fucking like it or want something else, don't listen

Achilles, Nolua, Gene, Pierrouss, Mikester, carry on the good shit, play your bought songs, and let the Semi-Pros handle the events.

A suggestion is to let them stream and during the stream let people request songs that can be slipped in. Bam.

I don't discuss with you ;)

When you think sit at home and prepare Song Sets or Playlist for Partys or search Songs for Partys and this hours and hours...

Or Stream playlists for ppl for his DJ roleplay is a resultat of my Ego, then is this your problem.

We had also much Rock, and 80s & 90s partys, and we had much other partys and not only techno, House dance and Trance... And soon we are ready for new partys.

The mostly of us have real Jobs in a real world, we can't stream 24h music or prepare all weeks party playlists!

And sorry for this comment but use the credit card and pay DJ sets for stream isn't for me DJing, this are not individual music or same thing for this needs no DJ all people can this self.

And of course all people are free for listening his own music or Internet Radio Stations! I have here very very much links...

Here are only 4 different channels click :)

I don't know, but is a slogan of 3DXchat "we make you happy with music" or join people the Game only for the music? I think it isn't a music or DJ Game, the DJing was always a bonus for nice Community Events with Individual and Theme music and I was and am always ready for this. ;)

Before you drag the drama between us into the public ask yourself if it is worth it because up to this point I have not voice my opinion or attacked you but I will defend myself and I will not run away.

Also I as well have a full time job as a R.N. for a company that provides in home care for Hospice Patients, so at times yes I have a lot of down time.

I am NOT here to fight with you I am only trying to make the game Others and I enjoy better, stop being a dick about.

I don't want trouble, Drama or discuss about a good thing :(

When members or Devs not like how I handle this or anyone think he can it better handling then please, I have no problem with this and I'm not in way :)

I can then mix again my music taste for my real friends and I have again more time for enjoy the game :)

Don't think it is always easy for me sit at home and search songs for partys on a legal way, or be fair to the members with the wish for be a DJ.

And now my Question, what is fair? The wish for become a DJ have the mostly members in the Game... But we can't set all. My Idea was change monthly the members with the wish for become a DJ but all happy when we set as DJ but no one is happy or ready for change his DJ place with a other member.

The next is, we are 5 or now 4 DJs, is it fair when some help ppl for plan Partys with theme music and music wishes, when she work much hours on the playlists and same things and the other djs stream only his own music taste or payed dj mixes of other djs? I don't think so, and my idea was we do all the same.
Stream only dj mixes of other djs and don't help ppl for Partys with Theme music and music wishes is no problem for me and really easy, I have 120hours payed DJ mixes of other DJs only from this year but this isn't for me the 3DXChat djing.

We had always DJ Nights with DJ prefer Music and mixes and we had always events with Theme Music and wishes and I think it is good when we do all the same and not the one only this and the other only this all other isn't helpful.

Sorry for bad English....

Nolua and Achilles, it is a bit that I follow your bickering about a topic that should be seen as entertainment and not as a job. with your music given away happy hours to the players. we thank you for it. each carries its own DJ role as it sees fit, subject to the conditions they prefer. Think you collaborate, different genres, different DJs, all in one party! lots of good music, bye Igor

• 4 months later...

I just want to say a big thankyou to chilles for taking personal requests in the night club today. It was a very nice thing to do for us all and I know it takes time and effort for you. I know there was a few impatient and whiney people. To them I say " stfu an go somewhere else or mute the game and listen to your crappy music ". Any hoo. We love u chilles. Keep up the awesome good work. You are very much APPRECIATED!!!!

:)

I just want to say a big thankyou to chilles for taking personal requests in the night club today. It was a very nice thing to do for us all and I know it takes time and effort for you. I know there was a few impatient and whiney people. To them I say " stfu an go somewhere else or mute the game and listen to your crappy music ". Any hoo. We love u chilles. Keep up the awesome good work. You are very much APPRECIATED!!!!

:)

Oh wow, thank you very much :wub:

No worry, I was only a little bit pissed :ph34r:  Maybe is the Club the wrong space for personal music requests, I thought it's funny for all when the ppl hear her own songs...

Live request, search the song in the one moment and play it in the other moment can't coming with a perfect transition and as perfect mix, I know no one who can this :lol:

I'm sure for all with his own song request was this not matter how the transition sounds or was the song high-quality or not :)

I think it's a good Idea when we do this soon on a other space, maybe a privat room or a map without much ppl! So really was not much interest in Club for this kind of fun :mellow:

Lol and no worry, all who writes "DJ go home" or "Shit music here tonight" or "No party tonight, you can logout now" or or... I want see this ppl one day as DJ, I'm sure mostly is this then a big fun for my ears :D

Oh wow, thank you very much :wub:

No worry, I was only a little bit pissed :ph34r:  Maybe is the Club the wrong space for personal music requests, I thought it's funny for all when the ppl hear her own songs...

Live request, search the song in the one moment and play it in the other moment can't coming with a perfect transition and as perfect mix, I know no one who can this :lol:

I'm sure for all with his own song request was this not matter how the transition sounds or was the song high-quality or not :)

I think it's a good Idea when we do this soon on a other space, maybe a privat room or a map without much ppl! So really was not much interest in Club for this kind of fun :mellow:

Lol and no worry, all who writes "DJ go home" or "Shit music here tonight" or "No party tonight, you can logout now" or or... I want see this ppl one day as DJ, I'm sure mostly is this then a big fun for my ears :D

I love the live request. I think it mixes things up and peeps get to hear something that they chose. I don't mind the transition. I just had to control myself from bombarding with request  :D  Awesome job! Much appreciated.

awesome_dj_work_mug-ra4b86d9b5292459fa8fAwesome-job-of-DJ-girl.gif

Oh this thread needs to be updated as it lists DJs names "pre Ash". He is fantastic I agree. Him and Achilles rock.  All of the DJs we have had are great and work very hard for our enjoyment.

Thank you DJChilles and DJAsh for adding to our enjoyment in the game! 

I'm happy to entertain you all. It's very enjoyable bringing a fun night to you all :) I thank you all for the kind words and hopefully see more of you all in game! Rocking out the different locations! :D I thank you all for the support given to me over the past few months to get me here where I am today! Here's to a positive future! :D Keep on rocking much love!

DJAsh

• 4 months later...

Camden just mentionned this topic on another topic. And she's 100% correct, this topic shouldn't have been forgotten. So I'm just giving it a lil bump.

Just wanted to thanks all the DJ's around :

DJchilles, DJAsh, MissyB, DJGene, DJNixx, DJKitty, DJSkar, DJConstantine, DjSpYrroUsss "who made a visit recently after a long absence".I'm sure I forgot to mention many and i'm sorry for that.

Edit : I'm sorry there's such a long list, and I'm correcting from the following posts ^^ ... Thank you DJIsouki, DJElectroBPM, DJWaVe, DJDarkangel, DJMikey. DJSebastien, Silverraven... and I'm probably missing some more lol

Thank you for all the time,work and passion you put into your sets.

You help a lot with bringing the community together. Music is the universal language afterall and we are very grateful for it.

coRd8SB.png

Thanks shanti ;) thanks playme ;)

and thank you also to come to another evening I made the white palace brothel and another thank you to DJ I meet every day when I'm on the game dj ash me much help for the debut;) has already Nixxx with whom I was well fed dj missyb I love a great girlfriend dj Achilles same one at the beginning I made a stupid ^^ I'm not proud, but that is what the concern and adjust your post :) and my good help Achilles;) for streams and stuff and also dj kitty hihi and that's also another kiss to everyone

dj Achilles same one at the beginning I made a stupid ^^ I'm not proud, but that is what the concern and adjust your post :)

I'm not resentful and I don't know what you mean^^ :lol: Miss I infos? :huh:

Also we should say thank you for our awesome audience, you are all the best worldwide :wub: 

I'll want all doing that we have soon a awesome selection of the best DJs around 3DXChat with different styles, music and taste!

Ash and me want change soon some things but more about this later :)

Thank you very much all DJ's and happy listeners for a great time, awesome partys and a lot of fun :wub: 

I'm not resentful and I don't know what you mean^^ :lol: Miss I infos? :huh:

Also we should say thank you for our awesome audience, you are all the best worldwide :wub:

I'll want all doing that we have soon a awesome selection of the best DJs around 3DXChat with different styles, music and taste!

Ash and me want change soon some things but more about this later :)

Thank you very much all DJ's and happy listeners for a great time, awesome partys and a lot of fun :wub:

Yes thank you to all of the audience it's you guys that makes this fun and enjoyable for us to do so and we are happy to bring entertainment to you all through music! :D I look forward to future plans with DJs here it's very exciting stuff and as Achilles said, him and me have been working on something new for the future which I'm sure all will be happy about but will reveal more info on this soon! I hope you are all excited!

So thank you to all the other DJs and a big thank you to the audience for being awesome!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Heya all,

I want to give you some thoughts of mine based on recent observations in world / local chat.

Why do some people have to be so disrespectful towards our event organizers and DJ's? I mean everyone can have its own opinion about styles, genres, music but its not the first time I heard "This music sucks" or other similar rants in the chats.

If the music isnt your cup of tea thats perfectly fine. Tastes are different... but that doesent mean you have to be rude towards people that spent their free time here to entertain other people. Sometimes I ask myself if people are aware of the fact that we dont get paid for what we do, nor its our job. We do this for free, voluntary and with alot of passion and time goes into what we do. You can probably imagine how it must feel when you organize a party or play a set for the partycrowd at Nightclub and people ramble about the errors you made with setting up the event-times or that your music sucks.

I can speak only for myself on this, but I have faced this one or two times now, and seriously it hurts. I am not even sure that some people do know we are actually playing stuff by ourselves. Unlike some of you might expect, we dont go to Spotify and throw a few tracks together into a playlist that we play then.

No.

It goes a bit further then that. I dont even know of some of you have the slightest idea of how much time can go into preperation & execution of a 1 hour DJ Set? Depending on the quality sometimes (for me) it can take up to 5 hours of my free time depends on how far I want to push the quality of the mix...

I dont want everyone to love the DJ's or the Events, but to show respect for their work isnt asked too much. It already shows respect, even if you dont like whats going on, to keep it to yourself or just release your anger / disappointment about it via PM. Also rambling in local about the music beeing silly and posting Youtube Links with "better" music is just plain rude when someone is performing live. Isnt it like going to a concert but not listening to it? Noone forces anyone to listen to the music or go to the partys we do... but naming and shaming about it in the chat is really a no-go.

Might be nice to stop, think and then talk for awhile.

Give Respect, Get Respect.