3DXChat Community

Should people be allowed to use multiple av's

~SBM~

Multiple av's  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should people be allowed to use multiple av's?

• Yes
    • No

Now, I don't know if this has been brought up here before and I apologise if it has but my question is this, should people be allowed to have multiple av's? Now I understand that the game was developed so that people could have that option, but I would like to get people's feedback on that. I personally find it very wrong and I have several reasons why...

1. It's incredibility dishonest. 

2. It creates drama

3. It ruins trust in people

4. It leads to people having both male and female av's

5. It leads to complicated situations (on one av you get in trouble, so you create another av to get yourself out of trouble.... you have a relationship with one av and it ends, you create another av and begin another relationship with the same person.... the list goes on and on...)

Look, I could keep going but I think I've made my point. I'd like to get some intelligent feedback on this subject and please no troll posts, be respectful and stay on topic.

~sirbigmac~

Is and old debate here yes, but every generation that comes here, find themselves in the same situation, is it wrong? is it right?... :blink: 

Well, at my point of view with 3 years here and since 2012 in other games, is like a 99% of the players doing that and the only thing that make troubles are the ppl "Who doesnt like it", but hell... even the ones who acusses and make dramas about the "Multiple-avatar-players".. have alts too..

confirmed!... :lol: 

1. When your reach to know the ppl, and they know you... they eventually trust you, and become extremely honest telling you who they avis are... if you are tolerant, discrete and openminded,

(But if you are conflictive, ppl will make alts to run away form you and keep playing anonimous and free)

2. Dramas? only Dramatic ppl make Dramas... and Llamas... :P 

3. Read point number one

4. Yes, and is extremelly funny to roleplay genders with ppl you know and trust.

5. yes yes yes... and eventually the ones who make alts, always tell the ppl they know and trust who they are currently... since the day you knew them...

hell I know many friends who changed 3,4,5 diferent alts since i started, and they always calls me...

That's why 3DX started the charge of 10,000 Golds to make new avis instead of keeping them free as before... and dramas?... did not ended... :lol: 

Yes you made your point, But Everything have always a "Diferent Point of view"... and as always, my cliche goes out..

"it all depends on the ppl you know"... is way better to be with a roleplayer, with any kind of avatar (male female shemale) who gives you some laughs and a good time, than a "real-one-avatar" person who is only making troubles...(but some ppl like troubles so... they hang with them.)

Everyone seek and eventually find what they are loking for... roleplayers or real players

Trust depends on what kind of person WE all are, and what Kind of persons we want to meet

Hope my opinion give you something useful... ^_^ 

Hugs

There could be a solution to this, or something that can help anyway.

As people have said already this discussion comes up often, mainly because how people miss use alts and cause trouble for others.

The biggest thing I see is that it causes distrust, it effects how new people are welcomed into the game especially, mainly because we don't know if what appears to be someone new is an alt or not.

When it has been brought up before and suggestions have been made, people say that most will create a division in the game.

There is a difference now to how it has been before, that division already exists, much more now than it ever has before, Pandora has contributed to that I think.

Several times it has been suggested we go to a one avi game, which ran into a lot of opposition, there was even a pole done on that.

There were 3 choices given in that pole, 1- Stay with 3 avis, 2- I don't care, 3- Go to a 1 avi game.

From memory it was something like 1- 30%, 2- 45%, 3- 25%

There the people saying they wanted to keep it as a 3 avi game argued that 75% wanted it that way, they included the people that said they don't care.

Truth is it was very close if you don't count the ones that said they don't care.

I don't believe this has been suggested before and I thought it may be worth putting in here.

It is possible to have both.

If we make it that we choose a 1 avi or 3 avi game when we join, and also can go back from a 3 avi game to just 1 avi, but not the other way around.

All players with a 1 avi game has it shown by a notification at the top of their profiles. ie (Single avi player)

Players with a single avi game can open rooms where only single avi players can enter.

This way it will be easy to tell that a person with the Singe avi notification in their profile is not an alt, giving some trust back to that player that has been lost due to the way alts have been used by others.

Also as rooms will be able to be opened for just single avi players it should help stop a lot of the trouble being caused by alts in those rooms.

The thing is the people that want the 3 avi game have what they want, and the ones that don't care about having alts and would rather not have them to avoid all the problems with it can't.

For those that want the 3 avi game, let them keep it, but lets find a way to let the ones that don't have what they want have something to let them play as they want as well.

I think that alts can be used for other things as well for example I have an alt I only use for making rooms it would be super annoying not to have it and being pmed by people all the time when I am working. I also think that most alts are used to avoid drama caused by groups or stalkers or other obsessed people and that is a good thing. I honestly think most people who want to cause trouble use second accounts not alts anyways since alts can be found out.

Personally I have no problem with people having 3 AVI's ... I try and enjoy the game my way, but my way is for me and I am not going to expect everyone else to play the same.

I have and use 3 AVI's Sputnik, Sputnick and Sputnicksp .... They are clearly marked as alts and used for adding roleplay or a bit of spice to my partner lol ..... But that is how I play .... I don't expect others to play the same as me ... 

Personally I would be happy with just one avatar, but with a very big proviso .... alternative configurations of the character (looks and clothing) could be saved. This I would like anyway as I like to use more than 3 looks lol.

But note: just because I could live with a single avatar (with said proviso) .... I would not vote for such, as my game or preferences shouldn't be forced on to someone else :)

But lets be clear this is a A) primarily a fantasy game and B-) as we are humans some do have relationships .... and I personally have a different attitude on these two situations.

as a fantasy game  (the primary function of the game)

A) .... so who is behind the avatar should be immaterial .... you don't need to know about the author of an erotic book.

But personally I haven't yet grown enough to ignore what I know from the fantasy  ... So personally if I know something, before hand, that would stop me having sex with someone in real life, it would stop me also in game .... However if I had a great time with somebody and found something out about them after I wouldn't be upset .... I still had a great time ... the new knowledge may effect any further sex, but does not remove the fact that I previously had a great time :)

B-) ... a relationship is different .... it takes two ... and if one is not telling the truth that is playing with someones emotions .... that is not nice and is not, in my opinion, the intention of the game .

Great feedback everyone. I think everyone makes really good points and I agree MeiLing as long as people are playing within the rules of the game, their should be no limitations of freedom. Also, XXXJessikaXXX I appreciated your comment, I agree that there are people here who role-play and others who just play as themselves. For me, I've been myself most of the time but in r/l i'm in introvert where as in 3dx, I play a smart-ass (or dumb-ass depending on your point of view) who is an extrovert. 

Great point Niblette, I never considered that someone would be using an alt for that purpose. Makes perfect sense to me, why not. Also, sputnik that's an interesting take. I agree, as long as people honest who are in a relationship/friendship or have some type of emotional bond. If not, then that's when you run into drama....

This is great feedback, I hope to get more opinions. It's interesting seeing other's view points.

2. It creates drama

5. It leads to complicated situations (on one av you get in trouble, so you create another av to get yourself out of trouble.... you have a relationship with one av and it ends, you create another av and begin another relationship with the same person.... the list goes on and on...)

~sirbigmac~

I have a suspicion this is a rehash of the old question as to whether males should be allowed to play as females .... I have 3 male avatars but wouldn't presume what to impose on some one else .....

The reason I say the above is almost nothing (if anything) raised in the original post would be resolved by limiting players to one avatar

1. It's incredibility dishonest. You can be dishonest with one AVI and honest with 3

2. It creates drama Drama can be created as easily with 1 AVI as it can with 3

3. It ruins trust in people Again ... You can be dishonest with one AVI and honest with 3

4. It leads to people having both male and female av's ..... Now I have a suspicion this is the reason for your post? ....... But if a man is going to play as a woman, how does limiting the amount of AVI's a person has help? They just have a Woman as their one and only AVI.

5. It leads to complicated situations (on one av you get in trouble, so you create another av to get yourself out of trouble.... you have a relationship with one av and it ends, you create another av and begin another relationship with the same person.... the list goes on and on...) This is the only point were arguably more than 1 AVI can be a problem ... But even then they can just start a new account or second account .... and people that abuse as in this catergory are often obsessive people and  they will get around most obstacles.

The blunt truth is if a man has a problem with the fact that he may sleep with a woman controlled by a man he shouldn't play any online sex game.

In most situations you can never really really know .... Even if they checked credit cards ... the owner of the credit card doesn't necessarily have to be the player 

Images are not necessaily those of the player

voice chat .... you can use a cheap voice changer like at the link below ... there are more expensive options where you would never know (turns mans voice into a girl live)

So Other than a live video link while having sex? ... good one getting a girl to agree to that haha.

Strong peeps can cope with all this without a worry, those that arent complain about eet and want tings changed so they feel better.

Each to their own i say, you get what you attract and i have a soopa didley pickles of a game and have a special someone and lottsa frands, eets how you play, interact and how you avoid drama that counts. Freedom to choose is what is important and no one has the right to impose their game on anyone else.

1 Avi, 10 Avis eet doesn't matter, the intentions of the player run thru them all. So lets have a psych test on sign up and all those with social problems and issues with their egos etc shouldn't be aloud to play. Lets keep this game for the balanced, calm and respectful and we would have zero probs. At the end of tha day eets doosh bags that cause probs not 3 Avi's.

Allie Awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. 

Have soopa funs all

Toodles

I might not have a need for more than one if this game offered an "offline mode", along with the suggested "outfit save" mentioned above.  I would like to be able to click a button that makes me appear offline to anyone who's not in the same room as me, I don't have that so I've been using multiple avatars to simulate that.  But of course there's some who take offense to my "rules"  :lol:

I say I would have no "need" for another avi, but I don't want to lose the option.  Currently I have 3 avis that are exactly the same, but might decide to experiment once I get more xgold.  I see nothing wrong with it unless it's obviously malicious.  There might be options to curve that, like imposing an ID over all avis made by one user, but even then they could just create a new account.  Malicious people will be malicious.

People can be a jerk with one avi as easily as with three.

Most of the points raised in SBM's opening post are possible with one avi (just having male and female avi's isn't :P )

Why punish those who want to use multiple avis for RP, for example? And a man playing as a woman can be RP. In my time in 3DX, I have enjoyed intimate moments with men playing as women, they have been creative and imaginative, and I never felt insulted by the way they played a woman (I would have told them).

Also, keep in mind for some it is a way for them to investigate their sexual identity.

And for the record, although I believe people should have the option of multiple avis, I only have one.

This discussion about honesty and trust is in my opinion the wrong debate... as it all comes down to ... money !

I bet the people that are crying out loud that players having alts are cheats are the ones that can afford to pay more than one subscription in order to have avatars on different accounts... undetectable (even with Pandora) but even so cheaty :)  But then at least you can fuck yourself lol

Just saying...

You're funny LayLaK, it seems that the overwhelming majority is for multiple av's. To be honest this only reinforces what I believed about this game, that most people have either multiple accounts or multiple av's. If people want to pay multiple subscription fees or buy gold coins, I guess that's their business. Oh and sputnik the conversation isn't about men having female av's. To be honest, that doesn't bother me, what bothers me most is drama and trust issues with those who use the multiple av's to play mind games. I appreciate everyone's feedback and for sticking to the topic!

Yes. One person I knew was being harassed by players and so set up an alt. For this reason alone alts should remain. I have an alt - badaht- that just exists for silliness.

On a practical level what if 3dx did say 'ok, one Avi from now on'? Would we all have to delete avis? Or would it only apply to new members?

I don't think we want to be in a situation whereby alts are only accessible to those willing to pay for a second account.

I'm sure some will say Gizmo is reading this and sees $$$$ and a second house!

So long as people stick to the rules and respect one another I see no reason why multiple avis on one account should no longer be offered.

well, i think that they are a lot of reasons to have (or not) alt account (alternative or alternate character).

People on earth can make beautiful things as really awfull things.

Some people create an alt character because by exemple, they haven't the "balls" to break with their partner.

Some other just to live the pleasure of "cheating" the other.

Some other has more "bad things" in mind when they see someone. (as destruct mind, play with the mind of someone who believe in truth or are kind of innocent in some way).

Some create alt to play some rp (and with their partner) or juste enjoying an other body (female, shemale/futa, men etc etc).

Some create alt just to run away of their main ava (harassing or people who say fake things about them and their reputation are destroyed).

They are a lot of reasons to create a character. I know that these reasons are little dark but sadly is the truth.

And sadly, when you come here, you must remember one thing, believe in yourself only, ever.

After, i don't say that faithfull or believe in someone doesn't exit. Some people are honest. And often they don't want the exlusivity (they come just to have fun ).

The main reason about often drama, it's because the feelings become very powerfull about the other, but i must say to some people that adult game online is not made to meet people and it's the big point here.

Why people come here? To meet someone and start something in real? An adult game is not made for that in my opinion.

Some come here to run away from their real and request faithfull things but the most often of time, one is cheating the other (in the case of "faithfull" relation).

I think that people who come on adult game, must just live the magic "of these" game.

I think that your question can join this topic too http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/5291-isnt-who-he-said-he-was/

And i think that if people start to have doubt about their partner, it's the end of the relation.

So about your question, i ask you, why people come here and by answering to this second question, you can have your answers too.

You know, i think that people don't must take this game or adult game in general too seriously (first to preserve themself and it's the most important). You ask a good question but i can say you that you can't imagine how human can be crual and it's for that, that when people come on this kind of game, they must be carrefull and keep in mind than sadly, the people in front can just have fun of you.

When they come here, they must just come to realax and run away of the problem of the real life and just having good times  (norma or naughty of course)

Now, I don't know if this has been brought up here before and I apologise if it has but my question is this, should people be allowed to have multiple av's? Now I understand that the game was developed so that people could have that option, but I would like to get people's feedback on that. I personally find it very wrong and I have several reasons why...

2. It creates drama

Look, I could keep going but I think I've made my point. I'd like to get some intelligent feedback on this subject and please no troll posts, be respectful and stay on topic.

~sirbigmac~

Well, you can't forbid it now, it's too late. But imo it would have been the better way from the beginning to give players the option for just one character.

Because it would prevent about 90% of the drama in the game. Too many people misuse it, not everybody is of good nature and honest. Sad but true.

So after all that has been said in this thread we get back to the old discussion of "why don't we have something that lets people know this is your main character"

In all the arguments I have seen for and against alts, not only in this thread but in the hundreds of threads on the same subject before it.

I have never seen a good reason or what I would call a good use of alts where it being known it is an alt will effect it's use.

The only reason people that will argue against this is what they do with alts they shouldn't be doing.

The only thing it will mean where it can be a bit of a problem, is where someone creates an alt because they are being harassed and wish to get away from that.

In that case if they still want the trust and extra respect that will be gained to all main avis, they would have to delete their old main avi and create a new one.

And yes I know that would mean that different people who still wish to harass will be able to delete their main avi and create a new one to do so, but main avis that can be seen as having been around for a while will be able to get the respect and trust they deserve.

Plus I would suggest that deleting your main avi costs more than 10k.

Until something like this is done, people will continue to create problems for other players using alts, people will continue to do all the things pointed out in these threads that create those problems.

New players will continue to be ignored by many as many players are so sick of having people make alts and pretend to be new players to try take some sort of advantage of others.

Until something like this is done players like myself who do not wish to be around players who play their games using alts will continue to remain mainly in private rooms, rarely venturing into public places.

It does complicate things. I also think it is nice to have multiple characters.

If you are with someone, you end up telling them about the alts anyways.

If you really dislike someone, you put them on ignore, which ignores their alts as well.

You can't do much about multiple accounts. 

Have fun and enjoy the experience. Whether the Avatar you meet is real or fake, doesn't matter; because for a single moment when you do meet that person, they can either make your day or ruin it. In general, most people are selfish, lead people on, have ulterior motives when engaging with someone, or pretend to be their friend to bed them. No, you aren't special or different from anyone in this place (ahem, you know who you are).