3DXChat Community

worth the money ?

LaylaK

Hi everyone,

After having survived several updates, I think I have a reasonable understanding of how this game evolves.

To start with: I love it, I enjoy it every day and I adore its beautiful graphics !

But...

I think development team is very limited (1 or 2 persons), they do a tremendous job but unfortunately, being just a few, development goes terribly slow. So that's when cheap or half solutions are sneaking in...

* The game is definitely being made by white folks, the asian or african variant of an avatar is just a change in colour, faces are identical, hairstyles are the same... not cool at all !

* Male avatars have clearly never been a priority: they are rather ugly, especially the faces

* Clothing is added so rarely that when it is done, everyone dresses the same (new) way for weeks

* Apartments are nice, but boring after a while with little or no possibility to give it a personal look (f.i. hang personal pics on a wall, use your own textures). The result is a growing community of tweaking/cheating designers that try to design something more personalized, with the known effect of some rooms being terribly lagging if the designer wasn't careful or experienced.

So I'm asking myself a few questions...

* first of all: is this game still worth its money ? mmmmmm, at 20 $ * 12 = 240 $/year, it's not cheap ! And yes, I know I can get a discount when subscribing in December, but that's not the point.

* second: wouldn't it be great to let those designer enthusiasts help/assist development, even if it means that some designs will probably be bad at first ? That way it would be possible to add some new clothing, apartments etc. with perhaps refreshing new styles more frequently...

I think I'll put my gameplay on hold a little, after all... even the most beautiful sunrise at the most beautiful beach gets boring if nothing happens :)

Layla

Without the December special, the annual sub is $110US.

It depends how much you value the graphics as Second Life is $72 for their annual premium sub (or $9.50 per month, as opposed to $20 here) and you can play for free, which you can't do here.

Their premium membership gives you...

• Weekly L$300 stipend*
  • L$1000 sign-up bonus** for first-time Premium Account subscribers
  • Linden Home or 512m² tier allotment for use towards a parcel on the Mainland
  • Expanded live-chat customer support
  • Premium virtual gifts
  • Exclusive access to Premium areas and experiences
  • Increased cap on missed IMs
  • Increased group membership limits
  • Voice Morphing
  • Priority entry when regions are full of avatars

... (the first two alone are worth $52US, let alone not having to pay rent) and, of course, there are still the many free and cheap items that are increasingly available on a daily basis.

One of the few things here that you have to pay for is a beer, whereas there you can have every piece of food/drink imaginable for free whenever you want.

And, using the FireStorm viewer, you get immediate online help from support, which is more than you can say for here.

And, you have music everywhere, with some great DJs and locations (oh and I just got a free acoustic guitar from one of the instrument suppliers with a hud that enables me to give one to anybody I want to).

I could go on and on.

No!

Run, before you get stuck here like the rest of us! I'm not gonna shit talk the devs or anything, but yeah... if you wanna pay monthly, that's not the greatest idea, even the december discount is... barely worth it.

To support my anwser:

- Updates rarely happen

- If a server gets down in the night, it won't be back until the next day around the midday

- Oh yeah, the last update, they just literally pulled female skin over a dude, the avatar looks like they've been stretched out

- But hey! We got a pretty beach (no music playing there though and not so many people around) and we got a new saloon (which is... empty!)

- We also have Pandora ~ Don't worry though! It only shows the pictures you've used in the past! And all your gifts! And your alts! (No I am not butthurt about Pandora, I find it to be a good joke on our beloved devs)

- It (Pandora) was also supposed to be taken care of... in July, still there

I think I'm done now.

Welcome to 3dx... or not! ~

Personally I don't think it's worth it, yet I'm still here.

The game has its good sides but it has a lot of bad sides, which in my opinion outweigh the good.

The only reason I stay on this game is because of friends and some cunt. 

The updates are just too irregular and way too inconsistent. That alone makes it not worth it. I feel like if the people are paying monthly, then the game should be updated monthly at the least. It seems fair right? If we was paying every 2 or 3 months then I would say it's worth it. But we're not. And it seems this problem will forever remain. So with that said, it's not worth it. 

In response to the points made:

- Most likely

- Agreed

- This is not untrue. When new clothes are added it's like I have been starving for weeks and someone comes along to give me a piece of bread... yes... bread.

- Apartments are okay. Nothing special and the editor is mediocre. You have to do some gimmicky things to make something good and after you do so you sit there and ask yourself... "Was this worth it...?"

So, to summarise everything that I said. It's not worth it. Simple as that. 

I am not going to refute any of the negative things said above. I can completely understand how someone different from me would think that 3DX is not worth it. But I am middle-aged and have a nice career that I am gradually winding down, so $20 bucks a month to be able to come and spend a few hours a day with people I like is not only totally worth it, it is downright cheap.

I am not saying that I wouldn’t like to see improvements made. Of course I would, and I bitch as much as anyone about the apparent lack of effort to communicate with the player base. But all in all, when I balance the enjoyment I get against the money I pay to participate, this place does not compare unfavorably with some of the other games I have played over the years. 

3DX is not for everyone. I would not recommend this game to anyone who thinks that $20 is a lot of money, who expects other people always to represent themselves in online games exactly as they are in real life, who is judgmental or likes to troll other players, or who can’t seem to wrap their head around the fact that “Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls / It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world / Except for Lola. Lo lo lo lo Lola.”

So, if you are one of those, please do stay away. For your own sake and for ours.

But if you are looking for someplace to meet some really nice people even though you realize that shit happens and not everybody tells the whole truth all the time, well then, hey, it is well worth paying 20 bucks to spend a month and see if you fit in here or not. 

Ask yourself this question before you consider re-subscribing again.

Am I able to see beyond what I'm asking this game to be for me to really make a difference in someone else and their experience in the game?

If the answer to that question is yes, then like me, you'll see beyond what the game offers for someone personally and make an incredible experience for someone else here with whatever limited resources you have in this game, be it clothing, home decor, avatar customization and so on. If you can afford to come back for one month and really make a difference with someone who's joined this game for an exploration of the fantasy in mind, or even just a casual conversation; if you can take the time out of your day to accommodate that person to where they'll have an amazing memory of you then yes, it's worth coming back.

If that answer is no, because like me, I once saw the game's potential and distinctively pointed out every flaw, then compared it to every other adult game out there for what it wasn't, then joined back to the game just to make guys feel like shit because their avatars were generic and plain, then no, you deserve a game that this experience will never deliver for you. You're better off spending your time in the real world, while those who choose to pay 20 dollars for an experience, are better off without the likes of someone who's playing this game purely for themselves.

It took me two years to find out that this game wasn't about me. It was about what I could bring to others, especially the male population of this game who choose to be a male avatar, then get treated like complete trash after paying for an experience they can do without.

Mind you, there are a few guys on this game that I can point out who made my life hell here, but they pale in comparison to the hundreds of guys (and girls) I've shared myself with; those that I've listened to, those I try to be a friend for, those who are just looking to someone to talk to.

Break this game down to a generic form and I can still work wonders with it, because it's not what the game can offer me, it's what I can offer to a game that it can't offer alone— a beating heart behind its avatar.

Layla, you answered your question in your opening statement when you said "I love it, I enjoy it every day". Cordelia has pointed out a cheaper alternative, but personally I find 3dx way easier and more enjoyable. With regards customization it soon gets uninteresting - yay I just added a mid-century sideboard to my house, yay I just added a new lampshade to my room (zzzzzzzzzzzzz)

YES!

Exactly like AHT said. if you love it then it worth... :)  

In My Personal Opinion, and considering i also played Achat, Twinity, Yareel, and the regular 3DChat (now ErosIsland), here 3DX is superior...

As for Updates...

Here is practically the same updates Achat and Yareel Have, but 3DX delay a lot of time.. but when the update comes, it comes with many things, in the other games updates are montly but only comes a few...sooooo yes is balanced with the competition (Twinity and 3DChat are prctically abandoned in updates, and Utherverse, IMVU, SL... don't really have the minimum graphics quality i'm looking for, altough they have more gameplay for RP)

Plus.. we have WAAYY The Better Graphics here.

Friends?

All the joke is to find the ones that match your interests... as for me i have many, my latin gang, and a lot of internationals.... and we have a really "balanced-free-drama" group, but sadly for others is not that easy... 

So Having Good Friends, you enjoy more the gameplay you wish to have

Haters, Trolls and Dramatic/Conflictive pll?... i think is the same amount everywhere... :P 

Price?

Is not expensive considering that in other games you need to buy separated the clothes, sexual poses, dancing animations, places, clubes and houses... Here Everything comes Included...

Buy definitive the year Subscription with the Christmass offer, is Cheaper and you feel "less forced" to make your money worth... ;) 

So..

The only way when ppl think is "not worth keep Paying" to be in this "club".. is when you loose your friends, and you loose the interest of having and experiment fantasies..

only for chat?.. there are many of free chat rooms, so is not worth in that case

Your Choice...

And Have a Kiss... ^_^ 

Jessika, I'm not going to argue with you as I haven't played AChat for about six months but, at that time AChat was updating weekly (their websites shows that they still are). Also, users are able to provide content and they have working environments for clothes and poses. And, it is free to play.
Friends? Most of mine here are leaving or have left.
Price? You can't play for free here. The fact that you have to buy items in other games is not necessarily comparable to the exorbitant subscription here.

There are many, many negatives compared to other games. Some of them are really annoying and could be fixed quite easily but the dev's don't care.
Reverting to fully clothed (or whatever you were wearing from the closet) every time you change rooms is one. It just needs a switch to enable you to stay clothed as you were in the previous room.
Losing a conversation when you close it is another. Implementing logging is so simple.

Considering that many people think that role playing, chatting to people and the social aspect is more preferable to the visuals of the game, when those are the least catered for, I find it strange that the "better graphics" is invariably given as the major advantage this game has.

I'm not unhappy with the price of the sub, even if I was paying at a monthly rate and had not taken the cheap year sub.

The thing that frustrates me, and I don't care if other games are the same or worse, or better at this.

What frustrates me is the amount of money 3DXChat is making and very little of it is going back into the game.

If we go off what Alex said in another thread, there was 6,300 unique users in a 10 day period.

If we average each out at say $13 a month, allowing for 1/2 to be yearly payers and the other to be monthly, then 3DXChat pulls in around $80,000 a month.

The amount of time spent on things for the game would not even add up to a few days every week for just one person.

They won't even add things that can be purchased and added so easily from the Unity assets store.

They could easily afford to employ people to do the work and bring the game up to what it should be.

They said they wanted to allow custom content but would never make it so it could be done, only person that really managed to get any in the game was FrenchTouch, and even she created things that not only did not get added, she didn't even get a message back from devs about it.

Is it worth the money, yes, for all the reasons people have said, are we getting the right service for our money, definitely no.

Sorry to respond to you Twiggy, it's not to have a go at you, but I've seen various people imply 3dx is a cash cow and I don't think it is for various reasons.

Ok lets assume they pull in $80,000 USD a month - we have no idea of knowing if they do, but we only have the figure quoted above. If online sex games are so profitable and easy then why are there not more? Why are we all not on codeacademy learning to make online sex games rather than, in my case, selling pensions? You can just buy a few cheap assets and make poses in minutes right?

3dx have certain costs we have no idea bout, but some we have some insight into.

BMT Micro take approximately 9.5% of each transaction so that leaves $73200. Don't forget VISA, Mastercard took their share too. Oh and Paysafe attracts a 20% fee. https://www.bmtmicro.com/sign-up-plans/.BMT may take more as it mentions 9.%% or $2+4.5% so one month is either 19.95*0.095 = $1.89 or 19.95*0.045+2=$2.89 - that is nearly a fifteen per cent charge. Guess the charge differs depending on the value or they want a minimum amount.

We also have to factor in that Gizmo and Lisa need Russian Rubles to live! The belows chart shows how the Russian Ruble has appreciated agianst the USD. In other words the subs you pay are worth less to Gizmo and Lisa. Also when they convert their USD or € or whichever other currencies BMT accept they will have to pay to have the money converted. Anybody know how much Russian banks charge for this or what rate they will offer. Doubtless it will be in their favour.

jYQJuaI.png

Admittedly the Ruble has fallen a lot in prior years.

Inflation in Russia is presently around 4.4% https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-06/bank-of-russia-calls-june-inflation-jump-a-big-shock. So your subscriptions are worth less to Gizmo and Lisa. Anybody know how much the sub has gone up over the last few years? Inflation in the UK is a giddy 2.6%, a remarkable 1.7% in the USA and a crazy 1.67% in Germany.

Interest rates are 9% in Russia. In the UK it's 0.5%. I'd just love to have a variable rate mortgage to pay in Russia.

I don't know how much other things such as the servers cost or their other costs involved, but I simply do not believe 3dx has made them rich. Gizmo, if it has please do tell!

The point I'm trying to make is, in my opinion, their costs have gone up.

Sorry to jump in, but I'm not comfortable with a '3dx are rich and they are lazy' argument. i recall the time of almost weekly additions to 3dx. It is a shame those days seem a long time ago, but I think there is more to it than Gizmo = Scrooge McDuck. I'm certain 3dx towers do not look like this:

xExxdJE.jpg

A few years ago when Ichecked, the US dollar was worth something like 8 times the value of russian.

$10,000 US dollars a month would be a fortune over there, even if it has gone up considerably in recent times.

Server costs are no where near what people seem to think.

They have servers in the US and in Europe, but the cost would not even get into the tens of thousands.

The average wage in Russia is $450US a month https://www.rbth.com/business/2016/05/20/the-average-salary-in-russia-is-now-lower-than-in-china-and-poland_594893

And that is the average wage, if it is anything like the average wage here in Australia it is a lot more than your average programmer gets.

I don't know why others haven't got in on the money tree, maybe because it is a sex game and companies don't want to get involved.

My opinion, they are living it up on what they make from us, enjoying the fruits of their work and not to worried about making more.

Sorry to respond to you Twiggy, it's not to have a go at you, but I've seen various people imply 3dx is a cash cow and I don't think it is for various reasons.

Ok lets assume they pull in $80,000 USD a month - we have no idea of knowing if they do, but we only have the figure quoted above. If online sex games are so profitable and easy then why are there not more? Why are we all not on codeacademy learning to make online sex games rather than, in my case, selling pensions? You can just buy a few cheap assets and make poses in minutes right?

3dx have certain costs we have no idea bout, but some we have some insight into.

BMT Micro take approximately 9.5% of each transaction so that leaves $73200. Don't forget VISA, Mastercard took their share too. Oh and Paysafe attracts a 20% fee. https://www.bmtmicro.com/sign-up-plans/.BMT may take more as it mentions 9.%% or $2+4.5% so one month is either 19.95*0.095 = $1.89 or 19.95*0.045+2=$2.89 - that is nearly a fifteen per cent charge. Guess the charge differs depending on the value or they want a minimum amount.

We also have to factor in that Gizmo and Lisa need Russian Rubles to live! The belows chart shows how the Russian Ruble has appreciated agianst the USD. In other words the subs you pay are worth less to Gizmo and Lisa. Also when they convert their USD or € or whichever other currencies BMT accept they will have to pay to have the money converted. Anybody know how much Russian banks charge for this or what rate they will offer. Doubtless it will be in their favour.

jYQJuaI.png

Admittedly the Ruble has fallen a lot in prior years.

Inflation in Russia is presently around 4.4% https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-06/bank-of-russia-calls-june-inflation-jump-a-big-shock. So your subscriptions are worth less to Gizmo and Lisa. Anybody know how much the sub has gone up over the last few years? Inflation in the UK is a giddy 2.6%, a remarkable 1.7% in the USA and a crazy 1.67% in Germany.

Interest rates are 9% in Russia. In the UK it's 0.5%. I'd just love to have a variable rate mortgage to pay in Russia.

I don't know how much other things such as the servers cost or their other costs involved, but I simply do not believe 3dx has made them rich. Gizmo, if it has please do tell!

The point I'm trying to make is, in my opinion, their costs have gone up.

Sorry to jump in, but I'm not comfortable with a '3dx are rich and they are lazy' argument. i recall the time of almost weekly additions to 3dx. It is a shame those days seem a long time ago, but I think there is more to it than Gizmo = Scrooge McDuck. I'm certain 3dx towers do not look like this:

xExxdJE.jpg

Your looking at the conversion backwards. The chart you showed is RUB to USD meaning I am russian & I want to convert RUB to USD. If its a Russian owned company they wouldn't

convert there own money to USD. Unless they wanted to buy into USD economy. At which point they would just sit on the physical USD earned. If there is a conversion. The scale is

flipped USD to RUB making it the exact opposite of the info you posted. USD to RUB is roughly .50 cents USD to 29.00 RUB depending on vendor. You have the right thinking on it

your scale is just backwards. Cheers!!!

I'm not unhappy with the price of the sub, even if I was paying at a monthly rate and had not taken the cheap year sub.

The thing that frustrates me, and I don't care if other games are the same or worse, or better at this.

What frustrates me is the amount of money 3DXChat is making and very little of it is going back into the game.

If we go off what Alex said in another thread, there was 6,300 unique users in a 10 day period.

If we average each out at say $13 a month, allowing for 1/2 to be yearly payers and the other to be monthly, then 3DXChat pulls in around $80,000 a month.

The amount of time spent on things for the game would not even add up to a few days every week for just one person.

They won't even add things that can be purchased and added so easily from the Unity assets store.

They could easily afford to employ people to do the work and bring the game up to what it should be.

They said they wanted to allow custom content but would never make it so it could be done, only person that really managed to get any in the game was FrenchTouch, and even she created things that not only did not get added, she didn't even get a message back from devs about it.

Is it worth the money, yes, for all the reasons people have said, are we getting the right service for our money, definitely no.

^ This.

Point of view depends where you are standing, so for some it's cheap, for some not! Doesn't matter though.

It's mostly the people who make this place as some said, people and a twat.

Clothes might be free, poses might be free, dances might be free. (Beer isn't) None of that matters, because there's too little content for that. It's included? Okay! Cool, but we get an update once every 2 - 3 months...

/rantover

Guest Lillyme

It's totally not worth the money in my opinion...justifying it for 4 years has taken a lot of self delusion!

...but seriously...it's worth it for the people you meet...the content is...ok...just don't expect new stuff :D

well, yes... depends^^

Well.... kind of, depending on what you are looking for. Eventually the limited clothes, locations and poses get worn out.

For me the value in it is for the friends I have made...

... hell yes, u bet - signed | u think id still be here since 2014 ... if just or only 4 so callled pixel sex?! lol, but no further comment on and to that hahaa | i would start judging ppl... and i hate that - nuff space n place 4 almost nearly evryhing n evrybody here

but2.0 yes - [for sure with a xmas special offer] - what makes 5-6 bucks / per month for sometimes silly me... and thats quiet acceptable  - i think and id say #period/fullstop (sse i didnt/could/want) playeed for last 2 months and before taht also only sporadicly and NOT 24/7 like in high addictivedays 2014/15 @ #evrybodyknows #whatImean #^^ anymore but no bu(tt) evrybody as he wishes and wants, but #23eurobucks / month [#asmuchaslikeNlove3dx] ergo € 270 per anno? SORRY, also here a #nothankyou #atm #atleast aufwie #aufwas #aufwiedersehen and #undtschüss

Elm_Street_Freddy_Needles_9_17_13.jpg

freddy18.jpg?id=59018129

soooo my name isn't hohecker, but im for today again... out! </...froum transmission ending*>