3DXChat Community

slandering another player

Lovers

Hey, I am asking this question on behalf of another player who obviously doesn't want their identity known.

A wieerdo player with an old crush on another player has been causing problems.

The wieerdo has now put slanderous stuff in his/her profile against the person in question.

Is there anything in the rules to stop wieerdos using their profile to slander/attack another player ?

I f there isn't there should be ... thanks any advice knowledge appreciated.

From http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1425-3dxchat-community-rules/

2.02. Insults, personal attacks, abuse, threats, harassment or defamatory are prohibited. This category includes clear and masked language and Both / or links to websites Containing search language or images which:

- Insultingly refer to other characters, players, SexGameDevil employees, or groups of people.

- Result in ongoing harassment to other characters, players, SexGameDevil employees, or groups of people

Harassment takes many forms, and Is not Necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment can lead to more severe action.

The idea behind this is to prevent any player from consistently being uncomfortable on the forums.

I recommend the person in question take screenshots of the offensive content and use the Report button to inform the administrators. 

But also bear in mind that different countries have different laws, and so not everyone agrees about what is or isn't slanderous.  In the United States, for example, the truth cannot be slanderous. If you can prove the allegation is true, then there is no slander. On the other hand, there are countries where character assassination is illegal even if the allegations are true. 

I thank you very much Sage Stoner for your comprehensive answer it is really appreciated .... We have a screen shot ... and did suspect it was against the rules .... but wanted a clear answer as you have given so we can send a link from the forum.

I believe sending a link to the person will resolve the issue ... the person isn't brave, just an adult child and this may serve to stop their silly games.

Thanks again :)

Take a screenshot of said profile and use report button. If said person is blocked pm me and i will tell you an easy way to still report them in game

Thanks for that mate ... but we have someone that can see his account .... but your offer was appreciated :)

Slandering, this is too funny. If I had to report everyone who has slandered me on 3dx, over half the people would be banned lmao. It seems to me that this is simply part of the 3dx mind set, but that's just me.

Look I shut your ass up in sluts ... for sticking your nose in stuff that is not your concern ... If you are going to be an ass here I'll do the same here ..... But for now I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and explain.

When someone slates someone in Local or WC they can defend themselves .... when someone puts the insults in their profile there is no come back ... and to be clear the wieerdo has stalked the injured party for 4 months ... and this was just the latest attack ...

Look I shut your ass up in sluts ... for sticking your nose in stuff that is not your concern ... If you are going to be an ass here I'll do the same here ..... But for now I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and explain.

When someone slates someone in Local or WC they can defend themselves .... when someone puts the insults in their profile there is no come back ... and to be clear the wieerdo has stalked the injured party for 4 months ... and this was just the latest attack ...

I was just stating my opinion sputnik, there is no need to get defensive. Do I think it's right, of course not but will we be able to eradicate stupid people from 3dx, not a chance. Why do people do this, I have no idea but I hope that this situation is solved quickly.

I use Imgur and it's very easy to share images, either individual ones or galleries. And it's free to do so.

Imgur is great but it has a policy disallowing nudity or sexually explicit content (even if the policy isn't regularly enforced).

Serephi turned me on to https://imgbox.com/ for posting of 'naughty' stuff.  I just started using it and so far so good.