3DXChat Community

Can't connect

FranD

I mean, I get that there are only a few people on the dev staff, but at some point you have to make some larger-scale business decisions. They have hundreds, maybe over a thousand players on here, so they must be making pretty good money from this. When your game has been around for a few years, you have devoted fans playing and you're making decent money, one would think that you'd start expanding your team to cater to the now larger audience that's enjoying your game. It's an investment: yes, you'll be making less money at first since you'll need to divvy it up among the new employees, but that also means that you can make all kinds of new content much faster, some of your new employees can focus specifically on public relations through social media and such, so that there's always a way for the players to get in touch. That way, if something like this happens, those PR people can at least create a post about the server error and that they're looking into it. 

I don't have any experience whatsoever in running my own business, but this seems like really basic stuff to me. It's just baffled me that this game has been around for as long as it has and the devs just do not seem to have any interest in making their project better. Like I said in my last post, the graphics look excellent, the new beach looks beautiful, the players are cool people...but we've been suggesting ideas for new content for years, on basic shit like clothes and sex positions, and yet they come through at a snail's pace...and it seems like the pace is getting even SLOWER. So...I don't really know what's going through their heads, lol. I'm not ANGRY about it or whatever, but it does frustrate me, especially because this game has so much potential and they just don't seem to want to fulfill any of it. So it's like, then why make the game to begin with?

Servers go down all the time in just about every game known to man and nobody is at the computer 24/7 nor should they be. people have lives so for the servers to be down for a few hours is no big deal to me. I do understand some being upset however these things happen and i would argue 3dx servers are up and running far more then other games i have played. 

I will say the fact that only two people run this thing is problematic for precisely this reason, if things go bad only a couple people can fix it. The update cycle is also almost at a stand still. I remember my buddy goose posting poses he made in 15 minutes so even if you wasnt as fast as him it shouldnt take that long. I have this gut feeling that the slowdown is due to them working on some other games for sexdevil because there is no excuse for the slow updates. I remember a time when we could get them around every 2 weeks or so. we are now lucky to get them every other month and to be honest the quality of these poses arent good or they are just ported from another pose in game. 

I would hope this picks up at some point because its just getting silly. 

A down server can generate an alert to a designated person or group of designated people. It is logical that any 24 hour business has someone at least on call imo..

I highly doubt those poses were completed in the amount of time claimed. Additionally, It is one thing to stage them in a program from one viewpoint and another to make sure things line up and react in a realistic manner in others. 

That being said,  I also am perplexed by the lack of content. Even the simplest,. like props, furniture and clothing that can be readily purchased from third parties. I mean a new beach and guys don't have trunks to wear?

I Am amazed at some of the genius ideas I've seen done here. Ex. dedicated pool poses, the ability to dance or have sex anywhere, enabling walls to be integrated. The simply and straightforward GUI.  There is no doubt in my mind at least someone really has a creative and inventive mind.

It is just a shame to see this floundering so badly.

So much potential. so many fantastic ideas - yet such a chaotic approach. A few pool poses here, a few wall poses there, - yet not enough content in any of them for enough variety..

I would really like to see the creativity of whoever is responsible go into overdrive for awhile. I have a sneaking suspicion they have a whole lot more ingenious ideas.

my bad, it said it would take about an hour each pose.   this is his post....       http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/399-sex-positions/?p=117449

next question would be, Are they making the poses? They have purchased rooms from the unity store, does it also sell poses or no?

I think they do make all the sex poses, there are none of them in the Unity assets store, although there are other places do have some for sale.

Last time I looked there wasn't a lot of sex poses available so that is why I do feel they create all of them themselves.

Other poses, such as lots of the dance poses have been purchased but it is still not just a matter of adding that animation and it works.

Even purchased poses can take a little time to add to the game.

Sex poses are not a pose that takes a huge amount of work to create but 1 hour may get you the basic pose, but would not be high enough quality to add.

Each pose can take a few hours of tweaking, little adjustments to get it looking just right, making sure it works well on all the objects it be called to work on and such.

Having done some work on poses to see what was involved I would say 2 days maximum for a good sex pose.

Dedicated servers go down yes, just like any computer.

When you have a dedicated server and it goes down, the company hosting that server has someone on call 24/7, all it takes is contacting that company and they get your server back up.

Unless it is something where they can't just restart it it can be back up in minutes, the problem here appears to be the devs have not set up anyway to find out the server is down.

I know they use to rely on different players they had contact with to send that info through the likes of skype.

Most of those people aren't there anymore which I feel may be why the outages are getting so long occasionally.

Props for the game can take a matter of minutes to add, and there has been several asked for so many times over it is just beyond me why they have never been added.

Different things that have been asked for rooms could make such a big difference it just baffles me why they do not add them.

I know people are making some amazing rooms, but it is laughable that the trend on rooms has been going for over 2 years now and the devs have done so little to cater for it.

Surely you would think they would care about other developers laughing at how we have to do things in 3DX to do things like just create a simple dance floor.

Just imagine the reaction from people if they started adding some of these things that have been asked for so many times in these forums.

I know there a lots of different things asked for, but there are maybe 10 to 20 things that are so commonly asked for so many times, of which many would only take minutes to add, why not add them.

Well it looks like we will know in 11 days if FrenchTouchs project is going to be serious competition or not.

Seems they have done some work on their website and if the information they have on there is correct they just may take a lot away from 3DX.

If you look at the avatar shown in the beta access request page, it does look to me as an avatar I would expect to see in a decent unity game.

http://limitless-universe.com/pages/beta-access/

I plan on moving to https://www.sansar.com/ most likely next year once they allow adult content like they said they would. Honestly the last patch was a mess its clear they put no effort into making those animation match up at all it would have been better not to have included them.

Maybe that sansar, the new version of Second Life, will be the best social game for the futur.

But 3DXChat, I don't think that it continu a very long time again.

If I see the pandora screenshot (https://pandora3dx.blogspot.fr/2017/06/pandora-screenshots.html), I can see that 3DXChat have 6.000 customers by month, with 10€ of mean, they are able to developp this game and to install protection against a shut down server.

In my opinion, they are happy to win money but they don't want to work about this game.

so, I invite 3DXChat players to terminate their subscription and after, to look for a new social game.

• 2 weeks later...

Would be nice to know, what is going on, Maintenance time scale. Not knowing is the worst for the 3dx chat customers.

Since almost 2 years now I never saw any good communication practice or that wishes of the customers have been fulfilled. The 1000th thread will not change that. If you want to change things you need the most customers to vote with their wallets: No more re-sub. Until then it means: 3DX is good enough the way it is. That’s simply shown by we are here and pay. In terms of pure logic there is not any reason for the host to change anything.

The decision how our voting goes it just up to everybody for his or her own. :)