3DXChat Community

Questions about re-sub

Chikan

Hello!

I've got few questions about re-sub'ing my account. I've talked about it with many people and I hear diffrent type of story each time so I wish to know what's the most accurate solution out of this situation.

The main thig is that... I would like to keep my account as it is right now. Keeping actual list friends & ignores etc. untouched. I might also think about changing subscription offer.

Here are my main questions about it:
- if I cancel my subscription, will I lost my entire account?

- if I take a break from the game for about week or two and I will not cancel my sub... am I going to be charged with the payment? - if 'yes' then how much is it going to be? 1 month or is it going to charge me for the same exact time offer like I've chosed before?

Thank you!

point 1) You will not loose your account, char ... if you cancel your subscription. But you must pay very attention NOT to change your email when you will make your payment to BMT for a new subscription after you have cancelled it.

point 2) I think (not sure) that it will be the same period than the previous one. However, to master things my advice is :

go to BMT payment page (NOT to 3dx web site) and cancel your subscription.

Do this now so do not wait for the date of the end of your existing subscription. You will be able to continue playing even if you cancel.

Once you are decided to pay a subscription, do it and then you will choose with no surprise the duration.

and

Remember you have 2 password, one for access to 3dx web site, (the one you use fo play everyday), and one for the access to BMT website to follow your subscription/payments. Email given during payment to BMT IS the master and will link your payment to your characters. If you change it you will create a totally new account.

Here are my main questions about it:

- if I cancel my subscription, will I lost my entire account?

This happened to me recently. I lost my friend list, all presents, and all gallery slots on all three of my avis, so you have to be very careful when you cancel an account.  

There are two different systems in place for paying with prepaid cards. The first system is for new players who buy a prepaid card from the public section of the 3DX website.  The second system is for current players who buy a prepaid card from the members-only section of the 3DX website.

I don't have time to describe the differences today, but let me just say that if you don't want to lose your current account, you have to buy the prepaid card from the members-only section or you have to buy an auto-renew subscription from Mirco BMT. Do not buy a prepaid card from the public section of the 3DX website unless you intend to create a brand new account with a different email.

- if I take a break from the game for about week or two and I will not cancel my sub... am I going to be charged with the payment? - if 'yes' then how much is it going to be? 1 month or is it going to charge me for the same exact time offer like I've chosed before?

Your account will not be deleted just because you can let your subscription run out. It will stay in the database and you can renew again several weeks or several months later.  The database is sometimes purged of inactive accounts, but you should be able leave and come back within a month or so without any problem.

Okay, okay...

Not sure if I understand it correctly but I can cancel my subscription and pick myself a new offer or get that PREPAID CARD (buy account for a friend), hit the code in the membership area and it (?).

Thank you very much!
You've been very helpful - thanks!

Not sure if I understand it correctly but I can cancel my subscription and pick myself a new offer or get that PREPAID CARD (buy account for a friend), hit the code in the membership area and it (?).

Basically yes, but this is where you have to be careful. You cannot enter the members-only section of the website unless you have an active subscription.  So if you want to change from auto-renewal to prepaid cards, you have to do it in this order:

1. Buy a prepaid card from the members-only section and get a code

2. Cancel your subscription on Micro BMT

3. Use the link that came with your code to renew your membership with same email as always

My mistake was that I bought a prepaid card from the public section of the website, and it didn't give me a code. It just gave me a password. So when I logged into the game using the same email as always, it overwrote my account.

This is a serious design flaw in how 3DX sells prepaid cards and they ought to provide better instructions about the various payment options.

Good luck

Ah... forgot to look at this topic once again to not fuck anything up. I started out good but then I was trying to enter the code insteed of canceling the subscription first... I had a reminder that bring this up (that I need to cancel it first). I've done it and once I've used the code and it was telling me that it's already been used.

I will simply contact the forums if I face any more problems after that.

Thank you very much (again).