3DXChat Community

Is satisfaction every possible

~SBM~

Alright folks this is an easy one, it's a yes or no question but it's a bit deeper than that. We were all born with the need for attention, without constant love and care, our existence today would be impossible and everyone own your parents a debt of gratitude for getting us this far. Once we get to a certain age, we want new toys thinking it will bring satisfaction. We get older and think what we need is the next popular toy to make us liked by our peers. Then it's the video game consoles, we need the state of the art so our friends are gonna wanna hang with us. In high school it's clothes and shoes, we need the clothes that are in style and we either need to smoke or drink or go to parties, otherwise we are outcasts. Then in adult hood it's getting a nice car, big house, beautiful spouse perfect children, white picket fence etc. I know what i'm saying is heavy and most people will ignore this but does this make people happy really? I can speak for experience and say that nothing in this world makes you happy. Nothing. Unless you've found happiness within yourself, you'll never be able to be happy with other things. You will chase your proverbial tail your whole life trying to find satisfaction. Why are there so many people here, because in the personal life they don't have satisfaction..... I'm hoping to get some serious feedback about this and not just troll comments. Please respect the content and stick to the post thanks. I'm just looking to see what others think. You look at people like Kurt Cobain, Chester Bennington and Robert Williams who had everything in life to make them happy and yet each one never found satisfaction... is it possible, this is the question. I hope to get some intelligent feedback.

The way I look at things, we are meat machines guided by chemical stimulation into keeping the genome alive  :lol:

Your prize at the end of your service is death and blissful nonexistence.

So.

No thing, no one, can make you happy.  Not a partner, not a child, not a big house.  But they help.

That's the essence of every inspirational phrase you'll find out there.  There is no arrangement of words that'll suddenly make you realize you've been doing it wrong all this time.

There is no right way.

Find happy things, find them every day.  Be careful not to binge on any of them, or they become sad things lol

Hey Nitroo, I definitely agree that the Beatles were onto something with their "All you need is Love" song. But then again.... Perhaps Haddaway was onto something too... lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEXWRTEbj1I

Hey VioletVV, your outlook is bleak but funny at the same time. Makes me think of this song by Shooter, i'm so embarrassed I know this one... stupid Dawson's Creek!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQZhyVAJFNg

For me, the only satisfaction comes from a life well lived.... one filled with love, hurt, mountains, valleys.... giving of yourself to others and trying your best to be a light in a dark world, a constant battle between the good and evil that resides inside of you, of never giving up the struggle and fight regardless what life throws  your way because after every storm there's a rainbow! I love this song, I believe it embodies just that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0rxydSolwU&list=PLjnLApx_Etknv_mpEuorMca1bdSwbpazv

~sirbigmac~