3DXChat Community

DLL. Is it safe?

TheMeaganG90

Is DLL Safe to Download?

Answer from administration:

We recommend that you refrain from downloading any DLLs or programs from third-party developers. There is absolutely no guarantee that it is safe.

Edited by gizmo
answer from admin

A DLL (Dynamic Linked Library) can contain a program that could be use as a 'backdoor' to access your computer remotely. So you take a chance that the authour is an honest, upstanding person that would never do anything to steal or damage information on your computer or make you computer do something that YOU would be blamed for.

Would my Norton Internet Security detect if it were sending personal data? Obviously most software now sends data back 'home', but to trusted sites and you have to agree to terms and conditions to use. I don't use the dll, but maybe somebody could scan it and let us know what the results are?

Which DLL are we talking about?

I know of two and have heard rumors about at least half a dozen others. The one I use was made by a long-time acquaintance here, whom I trust.

But if you are are just going to ask "Is it safe?" and then get answers from a dozen people talking about a dozen different "its," you aren't really going to be any the wiser, are you.