3DXChat Community

Suggestion for Forum Events

Torax

Hi guys, party planners, dj's party people,  and devs.

I find the forum complicate to read when it's time to look for the next party or to find a date available in order not to collide with other parties.

In addition to the forum, a kind of calendar with the events organized would be great, It would be much more visual to see what's going on a specific day.

I am pretty sure it's not the right section to post this, but I thought it would be the place where most people concerned would read it :)

Thanks for sharing your opinion!

Hi Nikki then sorry for double posting. Nevertheless why not try again? Maybe things can change after a while, as a matter of fact it's not a big development and would be a great upgrade to read this part of the forum. another solution would be the possibility to tag in a certain way the topics with the party date and to have them sorted this way.

It wouldn't be a replacement but an addition Natsumi. Just a visual to better get what's going on and when. We could still present the event, post screenshots and so on like usual, just have the visual to summarize things up.

Hi Nikki then sorry for double posting. Nevertheless why not try again? Maybe things can change after a while, as a matter of fact it's not a big development and would be a great upgrade to read this part of the forum. another solution would be the possibility to tag in a certain way the topics with the party date and to have them sorted this way.

After beeing here for 3 years I came to the conclusion that things wont change here. The forum is full of so many good suggestions and improvements to forums and game. And very rarely something useful is implemented.

The forums as example could be so much better. Its a powerful software with lots of possibilities that remain unused. Same goes for the game. Powerful foundation... rudimentary state.

In addition to the forum, a kind of calendar with the events organized would be great, It would be much more visual to see what's going on a specific day.

If the point is to help coordinate user-organized events, then this calendar you are proposing should be created and maintained by the users who want to promote their events.  Yes, I know that some people will say that 3DX benefits from user-organized events and use that as a rationale for getting the Devs to do the work, but I disagree strongly with that logic. 

There is nothing stopping you from organizing a group of volunteers to create a website that uses Google Calendar or some other online service to carry out your idea. 

But what you are proposing should be DIY all the way. It's got nothing to do with this Forum or the Devs. 

Well, I strongly disagree with you. It has totally to do with the forum since they have created this section specifically for this, "Events and Activities".

For any brand of products if your base of customers makes you a feedback, you listen to it, check what are the pro and cons regarding the products, brand, financial situation and finally give an answer.

This suggestion is not only for organizers but for anyone on forum reading this section. There is no chronological order, which makes it difficult to know what's coming and what is past.

Regarding Google calendar, this has to be a shared calendar, meaning each poster has to give an email to the creator to be able to post. I suggested this solution even tho, I find it terribly heavy and inconvenient. By hosting the calendar directly here, you skip the risk that the calendar owner disappear, you don't oblige members to share an email with a third party. This type of calendar, it is a one time work for them so that's why I would find it logic that 3DX takes care of it.

I agree, it is not part of game developing, but it can be part of customer care part and community management. I skip the blablablabla they never listen, I am speaking about what a normal company would do in such situation: take the suggestion, check feasibility and utility and finally give an answer. I would not mind if they refuse, if they simply explain why it's not possible.

Well they could run a Pinned thread and you could post events for that day. 

One reason the Events thread is so difficult to read is the habbit some people have of advertising events two weeks before they happen:

Palazzo opens on 18th August, yet it was advertised on 3rd August - admittedly this post has some postings so it stays up the rankings.

Cupcake is on 19th August, yet promotion began on 5th August.

Torax on 22nd July you promoted your own party to be held on 12th August!

I personally don't see why posts can't just be removed when the event is more than a week away. It would help make the events page cleaner.

jibberish and nonsese - EDITED by  me!

It is not Xenoforo. It's Invision Power Board.

But there's calendar mods and several other useful stuff aswell. Thus it's nothing they seem to be interested in installing.

The default forums seems to do the job well in their eyes.

As I said, many features for improvement have been suggested, most of them are even for free but oh well...

AHT, I find it normal to announce events in advance for several reasons: let people know about it on time so if they want to attend, they can organize themselves, avoid to organize a party if someone else already is organizing something. As the posts to be removed, I don't see a reason neither as people might post on it later on, or people simply liking to go back in time and read them. That's the whole point of the section for me, announcing events to come.

Another example is Event 5, they posted pretty early as they propose to people to contact them if they want to participate, and it makes perfect sense to me.

I am not sure what's the best solution, a way to sort them by event date maybe if calendar is too complicate, or to organize sections by week or month?

Thank you Torax. Well I certainly agree a calendar would be perfect. As Nikki says the facility exists and I'm sure it is relatively easy to implement so fingers crossed. I'd say posters could be more helpful if they clearly stated times in the topic title (I'm guilty of not doing this - eek) , but I still think people need to give some consideration as to when they make their posts. Events posted several weeks before tends to result in upcoming events being pushed down - though you are perfectly within forum rules to post when you want and, well, it's 3dxforum.com not AHTforum.com. The forum is largely unmoderated and so any uniformity requirements are unlikely to be corrected.

There's still events on page 1 that were posted in June. I don't really think we need any guidelines to follow when posting events. I know that even when I did it. I usually did it a week in advance but I can see why others might want to do it sooner. If the topic gets attention it stays at the top anyhow. Like Nikki said... A calendar plugin would take the devs 5 minutes to install and set up. But.. that's assuming the 3dx devs read these topic or even care. Ima go out on a limb and say its a big "no" on both accounts.