3DXChat Community

Streaming in my 3dxroom while log off from myradiostream

Aliviax

Hello everyone

Yesterday i was testing stuff so at one point i log in on myradiostream n started stream music from my winamp.

Then i thought...ok lemme log out from the server,thinking that after some secs stream will stop...but it didnt! So i imvited few ppl to test if they can listen to my stream n they could.

Now how is this possible?

What did you mean with "log off" :huh: ?

You do not have to be logged in your stream server because the DSP-Plugin is connected with your stream server and it does stream as long you click the disconnect Button :)

There is also a latency of your stream server. Dependent of your settings, server connection could this Latency between 30 - 60sec.

You doesn't need Login to your streaming account of you provider :)

It's just for some settings, statistics, Reports or if you want to prepare some AutoDJ Playlists!

Btw i downloaded the mixxx dj so i start learn the basics before i go to virtual dj 8

You think this will be a good idea?

I have the experiences, a DJ who is known with a DJ Program will never change this program :lol:

It's like IPhone vs. Android ^^

Mixx is open source and therefore free. A good way to learn mixing, cueing and stuff.

Once you feel ready, you can try the free version from Virtual DJ. One-time payment is €299 or you pay a monthly fee.

Some DJ's in 3DX also use Traktor.

If you don't need beatsync, mixing and such, take a look at RadioDJ (Freeware) or SAM Broadcaster (Shareware/Trial).

Well i think its better to start learning on what im gonna use.

So ill start download thw virtual n already have a ton of guides on my phone to get a 1st view .

Ty for all the sugggestions,realy appreciated.

Damn im so excited lol.

I have some crazy ideas hheheheh

Guest Mulan

I use RadioDJ and VirtualDJ when I do live mixes.

If you use Icecast instead of Shoutcast, the delay will be less.

I second this about Icecast. I used Shoutcast 2 for a long while and delay was 15 seconds plus. On Icecast, the delay is 3-5 seconds. Icecast is generally better all around, and it is open source. Yay, for open source.

Personally I use Geckohost (with Icecast) and then use Nicecast on my Mac. That allows you to stream from any app that transmits an audio source, so you can set it to iTunes, Spotify, Djay Pro, VirtualDJ, or whatever app you wish to use.

I second this about Icecast. I used Shoutcast 2 for a long while and delay was 15 seconds plus. On Icecast, the delay is 3-5 seconds. Icecast is generally better all around, and it is open source. Yay, for open source.

This dependent about the used settings and Transcoder :)

There is a quality reason for the Latency but it's also possible to disable this in Shoutcast.

Personal for myself are Shoutcast the best choices because there are many more things possible with the Raw-Settings, there are the most Transcoder support like SCTrans1, SCTrans2, Liquidsoap etc.

The one and only thing I like more in IceCast is the SSL Support but I think Shoutcast will add this soon too.

I think at least is this also like iPhone vs. Android and a question of the own taste :lol:

Let me guess about Mulan, Xanar & Chilles's computer OS.

Mulan & Xanar may used OSX whilst Chilles used PC.

You are absolutely right.....

Icecast works well with OSX and shoutcast do best on PC.

For Radio broadcast (not live DJ mix).

I'm not live DJ but I prefer to do productive mix with DAW.

Both of direct DJ broadcast from either VirtualDJ or Traktor are tough jobs but more challenge.

VirtualDJ do direct broadcast on MP3 format but Traktor supports OGG vorbis instead.

We have to split reviews between streaming and do live DJ.

Please help correct if I was wrong. Thank you.

So assuming i learn to dj, mixing live is not possible with that 10 secs delay n may be more than 10 sec.

I also noticed my winamp is like 17 secs delayed in streaming.

Anyways mixing is more advanced ill have to first learn crossfading and transition .

Hhahahha ao much to learn so lil time.

Anyway ill have to listen to virtual music n not in games as whatever i do in vdj will happen after 10 secs or so, so i guess no harm done

Mulan & Xanar may used OSX whilst Chilles used PC.

Icecast works well with OSX and shoutcast do best on PC.

For Radio broadcast (not live DJ mix).

What do you mean? :huh:

Well how I said... The negative aspects of shoutcast is a question of the used settings.

It's possible to set down the default Latency in shoutcast to a Latency of 1sec or less :)

The Latency comes of a Buffer who is there to bridge over a bad connectivity of the streamer and bridge short streaming disconnections.

This Buffer is also there for Hands up streming between different DJ's or between Auto and Live DJ. With this Buffer is it possible to Fade between DJ's or between LiveDJ to Auto DJ without an Hard cut.

VirtualDJ Radio for example start each Live Mix with 60sec Radio Advertising and then comes the Music in real time without Buffer because after 60sec is the Buffer more as over :lol:

This sounds then so:

http://youtu.be/D9QLJKdge-s

It's easy possible to listen the real time music in the Radio and use the Headphones just for mix or pre-listening :)

What's also possible with Shoutcast:

- Individual Podcast Recording for DJ Accounts (the DJ who want his Set as Podcast get this functions enabled and who don't want have this functions disabled)

- DJ Hands up without different sids

- DJ Priorities (The DJ with an higher priority will Fade the DJ with the lower priority off)

- DJ Event Managment

The Features of Shoutcast are endless  :)

I think everyone who did stream in the past in one of my streams will confirm it was a automatic standalone managed system without manuel needed settings.

Shoutcast is also still under developing with new functions... I think the last IceCast update was before 1 1/5 years...

I've on my Server all Streaming Services installed.

Shoutcast v1

Shoutcast v2.5.1.724

IceCast v2.4.3

WindowsMedia

The possibilities of Shoutcast v2 convinced me because it was I did looking for my needed aspects :)

It's really a question of the needed functions or what you want to do and then you will find which one is the best for yourself. ;)

The possibilities of Shoutcast v2 convinced me because it was I did looking for my needed aspects :)

It's really a question of the needed functions or what you want to do and then you will find which one is the best for yourself. ;)

Thank you for your feedback and your extending comment was very useful knowledge.

Both of ShoutCast & VitualDJ tips; which I used it for my Radio Broadcast :) :)

What I pointed out between IceCast and ShoutCast broadcasting options.

They were designed for support different of Computer Platform.

Icecast is fit for MacOS & ShoutCast is fit for PC.

I'm 100% sure that no Mac users will choose Winamp + ShoutCast DSP plug-in on their computers. :) :)

Please remember that Audio CODEC from UNIX based like APPLE is much more better than PC.

When I've learned ProTools DAW; both of MAC & PC platform (before AVID took over).

Music quality from MAC is always win but closer cause faster PC and 64 bit application shorten that gap in present.

Cheers,

What I pointed out between IceCast and ShoutCast broadcasting options.

They were designed for support different of Computer Platform.

Icecast is fit for MacOS & ShoutCast is fit for PC.

I'm 100% sure that no Mac users will choose Winamp + ShoutCast DSP plug-in on their computers. :) :)

Please remember that Audio CODEC from UNIX based like APPLE is much more better than PC.

When I've learned ProTools DAW; both of MAC & PC platform (before AVID took over).

Music quality from MAC is always win but closer cause faster PC and 64 bit application shorten that gap in present.

Cheers,

Ah know I understand thanks for the clarification :)

Well I've no experiences with Mac OS X. Before the liquidsoap transcoder if I remember did IceCast only support the ogg vorbis formate for music streams and this caused the most issues because IceCast and ogg vorbis did stream with variable Bitrate and special in 3dx was this a issues reason for lost the music in game.

First with the liquidsoap transcoder was it possible to decode ogg vorbis directly on the server into a stable mp3 formate. :)

With liquidsoap transcoder is it also possible to stream with AAC & AAC+

I think now use the most IceCast streams as main transcoder liquidsoap and as output a stable mp3 formate.

In the theories should it be possible to stream with Tracktor into a liquidsoap Shoutcast server because icecast and shoutcast works similar with iquidsoap :)

Interesting question but I didn't try :lol:

WinAmp and Shoutcast are from Nullsoft and Shoutcast was specially developed for WinAmp as Broadcast and Internet Radio API  :)

Now since Shoutcast v2 (2014) is Nullsoft a part of Radinomy and supports with liquidsoap also all streaming formates.

05-08-_2017_00-10-01.gif

So far i am running and playing Icecast with Ices2. using ogg

Until now I never heard any complains about lost music

btw am using Linux as host

Was far far in the past until this time we had also some transcoder and music plugin updates :)

But as I said for the basic functions will both work good.

The interesting settings are hidden in the Raw-Config because the most didn't need this functions and it's possible to destroy the stream channel. About this is by default in Centova Cast the Raw-configuration disabled for customer users :)

Centova Cast for example is just and only a Wep based User Interface. The Login works Similar like a Forum, there are Admins, Superusers, Clients (it's a owner of a Stream Server), DJ's

A client for example is one of many and the client get just the rights to work with the stream server, to use the storage, add music to the AutoDJ and change the typical settings but a client can't change ports, Raw-Configurations, Install Updates or add new stream Servers (clients). For things like this needs an Administrator of the host or a part of the host team (Superuser).

Admins and Superuser have also to each time access to your Music, Stream Reports, Storage etc

Just as Info maybe is it interesting for someone :)