3DXChat Community

My New Favorite 3DX DJ!

PurrTgirl

A great DJ once said (although I forgot who it was) it is 95% Track selection and 5% Mixing skills that defines a good DJ.

Opinions might be different on that aswell thus there is much truth in the saying. ☺️

Although it depends on who the listeners are... I still mostly agree with this. Most people don't even realize that good transitions are happening but maybe that's a good thing. It's always fun to search for that right balance between using tracks that you enjoy and work well together while still entertaining people. Like most DJs...I also love the aspect of being able to inject my own creativity into my sets.

OMG! I was not intending this Post to turn into a debate about who is the BEST DJ lol. JessicaX is my favorite DJ but I never said she is the Best, never will I ever say that. There could be a DJ that is simply the greatest of all time in regards to every skill and technique known to DJing and if there was a clear chart in being able to scale the skill of a DJ and JessicaX scored LOW on it?

She's still MY FAVORITE. I'm sure some of you guys have a favorite sports team that never won a championship but it doesn't matter cause they're your favorite team for whatever reason. Wherever JessicaX is spinning? I wanna be there. That's all I'm saying.  :wub: 

I think who's best is not something you can decide by yourself. You can't call you the best DJ. Because that title what people can call for you. If they come listen to your music, if they are active in local, not just dead bodies, if they see DJ is communicating with public, not just playing mix stuff and goes afk. It is something what people can give you, not you to yourself.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think it really matters what makes a good DJ or the Best DJ. What matters is the music the DJ plays. If they enjoy playing the music and the people they play for enjoy it in return, then nothing else matters. I wouldn't say i'm one of the best DJs in 3DX, because I know there are far more talented individuals that can mix things better than I ever could. But I at least try to make every gig and occasion count and fun. Even if things happen or don't go how I plan it, I will keep trying to make everyone's experience in this game a great one. 

I know of a few people that only care about being in the spotlight or how much recognition they get. I'll admit, I was once that way too. I wanted people to come to my rooms and hear me play. I wanted to be recognized above everyone else but that's no way to do things. People on 3DX have their own tastes in music. If they like what they here and decide to stay for a while, that's great. If not, then I hope they find what they're looking for. 

I can say however that I agree that Achilles, DJ Ash, and Nixxx are amazing. JessicaX and Mulan are awesome too. But there's always bound to be a diamond in the rough that you might take for granted at first glance. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think everyone knew this was going to bring me here. I doubt any are gonna be shocked I have my favorites, but the best DJ, is the one that keeps learning that keeps adding to his or her skill not for the fame get a bunch of cheerleaders and boom you may feel famous but sound like shit. (By the way, heard the cheerleaders turn the radio off and turn on their own music, just saying they told me.) But because they love it. They love the learning, they love playing, they love it and I don't know if people can tell but a DJ in a bad mood well you can tell with the song selections and so on and so forth.

I believe I put for the Event Series that the DJs were given one hour to do their best of that they can. I put that because many of the DJs in the Events kept improving their skills, listening to advice of other DJs and observations of their friends. I got dumped and I do not want this coming out as a plea to change her mind, but JanusPandora played music I loved. Ukari and Natsumi keep coming up with songs from the far east, OOlisa, IceCream and Trena, are djs that I have had the honor in seeing them grow and get better and better, they keep learning having fun. Achilles, SpinalRip, Xanar, Ash (a guy admitted he got wet hearing him play) ^_^ , NitroCowboy, JessicaX, Nixxx,BreeSummers, Caprica, IceBox, Mysterio OliU, fuck the list goes on of people that can really spin. (adds Alivia's name to the DJ list) 

To end conflict a DJ is anyone that picks a group of songs and plays them in an order that he or she know will keep the party rocking. If you are gonna use a microphone spend more than $1, RL's exwife's microphone cost $180, ten years ago. Why because she was an actual singer and sound quality matters, any idiot with decent hearing can tell you that. I had that argument with someone from IMUV, (dusts off Championship Argument belt). :angry:

I handed the Event series to a group that I believe can take it higher than I could. It is a group lead by Trena, the Coalition of DJs, Event 5 is theirs, please support their effort in making and keeping the series fun.  :D

But it does not mean I am done making rooms to showcase those DJs that wants this sex game to be more then just sex, the price is to put it all out there, no regrets, do your best then beat that best.  :D

"I did it for the Rock, I did it for the people," I did because I can.

the best DJ, is the one that keeps learning that keeps adding to his or her skill not for the fame get a bunch of cheerleaders and boom you may feel famous but sound like shit. (By the way, heard the cheerleaders turn the radio off and turn on their own music, just saying they told me.) But because they love it. They love the learning, they love playing, they love it and I don't know if people can tell but a DJ in a bad mood well you can tell with the song selections and so on and so forth.

So much this. And I don't get why people are beeing "Wohoooo" at stuff they don't even have turned on. Just be honest.

There's no need to be rude to someone but constructive critism helps improving.

I said it many times. I don't need people cheering at me if they don't give a damn, or don't even like it.

Just turn it off.

I am even fine with it when people that dislike toss me a PM. But oh well usually someone stirrs shit up in local and it sucks even more for those who entertain others for free in their spare time.

But I agree Rob, I know plenty of people that need the said "Wohoo", and they can't be arsed to improve or even try to cuz people cheer.

But does it help them? No.

It helps Noone and just makes it worse for those that DO actually care.

But then again not everyone shares the same passion and love for music then others...

The best way to show people they need to improve is not lying in their face. Tell them the truth in a manner fashion. And those that don't want to improve, well turn it off.

If the listeners go away, some might wonder why and will probably try to do something then... Or not

The most and utterly wrong attitude with this game is:

- I don't care

- It sucks but I listen cuz is a friend

- Its bad but I am to lazy to turn it off.

- I just mute sound.