3DXChat Community

will my pc run it?

rylinn

hi everyone

i got a little question regarding my computer hardware, i don't know anything about computers as a girl i never really was intrested in it, but i'm kind off scared, i will buy the game soon but will my pc be able to handle it? i have a notebook laptop from asus and it says next to my keyboard on a sticker that i have:

- cpu: intel core i5-3337u

-HDD 1TB

- GPU: nvidia Geforce 720m

- Ram: 8gb

- operating system: windows 8

is there anyone with more knowledge of computers who can help me? ;)

thanks, xoxo rylinn

Yes your laptop can definitely run it. After doing some research, I'm guessing your laptop is an ASUS X550CC. It will run flawlessly from Medium to High settings at 1366x768 Full Screen mode with 30fps (depending on which Graphics setting will experience less stuttering and lag.) Such graphics settings would be ideal so that it won't be that taxing on your graphics card and so that you won't be annoyed hearing your cooling fans blare out some noise. But since your laptop is an ASUS, I reckon you won't run into major heat issues since most recent ASUS laptops are the best when it comes to cooling :)

Just a reminder, since you have an NVIDIA Card with Optimus Technology, it will run the game using the integrated (power saving) Intel HD 4000 graphics card by default. So in order for you to utilize the NVIDIA Graphics card for the game, I'd suggest you do the following steps:

1. Right clicking on the desktop icon for the game, hover onto "Run with Graphics Processor", then click on "Change Default Graphics processor"

2. On the pop-up window (NVIDIA Control Panel Window) under "Manage 3D Settings", click on the dropdown "2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program" menu and select "High Performance NVIDIA processor" then click on "Apply" and you're good to go!

PS: If you wanna multitask and want to run it on Windowed mode, I'd suggest a resolution of 1024x768 or 1280x720 at 30fps if you wish to play the game while doing something else :D

When i look your configuration of your computer, it seems you can run this game without any problems ! 

Even i'm pretty sure you can run it with a good resolution (maybe not full).  ;)

If you want configure it to have the best resolution, Alrood say it better than i can so... you can follow his instructions !  :)

massive thanks alrood! you really helped me out here and yes i have the asus x550cc :) many thanks for that small guide aswell didn't know i had integrated graphics haha :) i really suck with computers oh well. also thank you to mysterico :)

xoxo rylinn

actually i just downloaded and played that julietsexsession demo game thingy, and i could play it on fullscreen on the highest graphics with no lagg at all, so i think i'm totally fine :)

xoxo

• 2 years later...

Hi everybody...

Using this topic as it seems to just fit best...

Has anybody already got some experience with 3DX V2 on a NVidia GForce 940M?

Would that work or is the GTX 960M rather a must...?

Would thinking of running it with an internal Intel HD (Intel Core i7 6500U)... be totally nuts?

Thanks a lot for any reasonable ;-) advice...

Hi everybody...

Would thinking of running it with an internal Intel HD (Intel Core i7 6500U)... be totally nuts?

Will definitely works and I think with extremely high graphic settings :)

Hi everybody...

Hey Babs:),

das shared memory intel hd graphics Geraffel ist nicht für Gaming konzipiert und nach meinen Erfahrungen (war aber altes HD 3000 und 4000) zwar lauffähig bzgl. der alten/bisherigen 3dx Version gewesen aber sehr absturzanfällig.

Der Platzhirsch ist nunmal NVIDIA, mit einigem Abstand folgt dann AMD/ATI. Die 940M sollte für 3dx v2 sehr gut sein.

Seitens diverser Software-/Spielenabieter wird Unterstützung für Intel HD sogar gar nicht erst implementiert, wie z.B. in Minecraft.

LG

Oli

Hey Babs:),

das shared memory intel hd graphics Geraffel ist nicht für Gaming konzipiert und nach meinen Erfahrungen (war aber altes HD 3000 und 4000) zwar lauffähig bzgl. der alten/bisherigen 3dx Version gewesen aber sehr absturzanfällig.

Der Platzhirsch ist nunmal NVIDIA, mit einigem Abstand folgt dann AMD/ATI. Die 940M sollte für 3dx v2 sehr gut sein.

Seitens diverser Software-/Spielenabieter wird Unterstützung für Intel HD sogar gar nicht erst implementiert, wie z.B. in Minecraft.

LG

Oli

Hi Oli,

Thanks a lot for your input. You know with a desktop things are easy and clear - if it comes to a notebook it's getting more complicated though. 

I pretty much expected your comments about the Intel HD - in regards of the Gforce 940M vs Gforce GTX960M (I hope the vendors tech. specs are correct ;-) ) it still makes up the difference between a pretty lightweight laptop (13") and some machine 15" brick with a clearly less "mobile & wanna have" factor. ;-)

As it seems there is still quite some performance difference between these both graphics adaptors I just had to ask - it's for sure not an every day investment so I want to ensure its the right one. 

Doesn't have to be highest settings but reasonable performance should be given.

Thanks again &

Kr

Babs

P.S.: please excuse for sticking to writing in English - but maybe that topic is of interest for non German speakers as well :)

Hi Oli,

Thanks a lot for your input. You know with a desktop things are easy and clear - if it comes to a notebook it's getting more complicated though. 

I pretty much expected your comments about the Intel HD - in regards of the Gforce 940M vs Gforce GTX960M (I hope the vendors tech. specs are correct ;-) ) it still makes up the difference between a pretty lightweight laptop (13") and some machine 15" brick with a clearly less "mobile & wanna have" factor. ;-)

As it seems there is still quite some performance difference between these both graphics adaptors I just had to ask - it's for sure not an every day investment so I want to ensure its the right one. 

Doesn't have to be highest settings but reasonable performance should be given.

Thanks again &

Kr

Babs

P.S.: please excuse for sticking to writing in English - but maybe that topic is of interest for non German speakers as well :)

Hey Babs,

no problem and you are right. Let's stick to english.

Maybe this one here will help you:

This user is running GTA5 with Geforce 940M

940M is not explicitly designed for playing the newest games ofc.

Cheers

Oli

Warning%20Sign.jpg?id=78411616

warning, achtung, attentione, attention: this stuff below is still rather new and cause of that, atm atleast (still) a lill "high priced", but prices will drop rather fast(er) as usually and always after released and as time goes by...but if u want to transform your (newer) laptop into a gaming powerhouse with an external graphics card, check this out below!

soooo, once ur guyz are into "grafixcards" of laptops and co as i see in this topic right now and just incase, u didnt see this here a month ago and maybe also didnt press [the spoiler]...so @ laptop users in general; again as an "eye-opener" for u & the future of laptop gaming:

the magical words are xconnect, thunderbolt 3

big-picture-with-text_update_1_0.jpg

eGPU and probably also for me lots of new n more technological gememmels, words, standards and geraffels^^ but with a little bit of research and elbow grease, an external graphics setup can transform your laptop into a gaming powerhouse for a fraction of the price of a whole new gaming PC...soon^^

After looking at my numbers for Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt most hardcore gamers will likely cringe in horror. I had to dial it down to medium graphics at 720p resolution to get to a consistent 30fps or more and hit console-level quality—and that was with Nvidia Hairworks turned off. Witcher 3 is very graphics intensive, but I noticed serious stuttering and other problems only when the frame rate went below 22fps.

Again, the fact that I can play the game at all, and in full-screen, is a huge step forward over integrated graphics—which couldn’t run Witcher 3 whatsoever. A more powerful graphics card would offer higher frame rates.

That Witcher 3 works with my rig is also a promising sign for the release of Star Wars Battlefront and Fallout 4 in the coming weeks. I am a little nervous about performance with Battlefront, however, considering it’s powered by Electronic Arts’ Frostbite 3 gaming engine. I’ve already tried Battlefield 4—another game based on Frostbite 3—and the game ran for only 10 minutes before it failed.

Tip: Buy your games from online retailers with return policies like GOG and Steam, or that offer limited-time trials like EA’s Origin. You don’t want to be stuck paying $60 for a game that won’t work on your system.

metro-last-light-redux-100615250-large.p

Less intensive games easily clear the 30fps mark, however, including Metro: Last Light Redux, which benchmark u see above. To put the integrated graphics performance in proper perspective, however, I’ve also included some screenshots of the benchmark running with the eGPU disconnected. All those backpacks floating in midair are supposed to be attached to soldiers, but the integrated graphics simply can’t handle them.

2015-09-16_00003-100615248-large.jpg

Finally, check out the major frame rate leap that the eGPU brings in the Unigine Heaven 4.0 benchmark.

unigine-heaven-100615252-large.png

The future...

...the fact that you can go from a laptop that barely runs a 1080p movie without stuttering to a rig that plays Witcher 3 is downright amazing. The future, however, is looking even better for one big reason: Thunderbolt 3. Intel specifically called out eGPU scenarios as a use case for Thunderbolt 3 in a blog post in June. Thunderbolt 3 promises up to 40 gigabit-per-second theoretical speeds, and eGPU enthusiasts like Nando expect it to offer near-desktop performance for eGPU laptops. Intel wouldn’t go quite that far, but the company is confident that Thunderbolt 3 eGPU setups will offer a better experience than we have now.

read all 3 pages here and pls dont ask me, what apples plans are (if at all, but i guess they will follow, if not their already workn on something simular...cause at this point, i just dont know and have no fukn idea right now without any research)

ps: i only use pc rigs (besides tablets) so its actually not my problem at all and never will be, but once there are so many laptop users in this community, i thought and just wanted to let you schlepptop (engl ~ carrytop^^)guyz know, how in the rather near future, actually already present, you can transform your (newer) laptop into a gaming powerhouse with an external graphics card! and if u still have an "older" lappy and intend buying a new one in the next weeks, months, years, just make sure, that incase u buy something "newer used" or even a "brandnew" laptop...just check out BEFORE, or incase u wanna use this new "pimp my laptop close® to a desktop pc monster technolgy" in the future: that ur new lappy supports the new interfaces!! and mega lol, i wanted to have cleaned my house n flat by now and i ended up postn this nearly fukn "novel" muhahaaa but yeah, i think its not unimportant for all you laptop chicks n chicos to know, about this new laptop boostn future...cause in my opinion, integrated grafix of [non higherly, expensive gaming laptops], atleast for way lots of gaming and ofc depending in what resolution ever used...surley not in "all cases" ofc, but mostly, simply, suck^^ - amen n nice WE @ll! -

thinks: what "a ***** birth" of a ***** post muhahahahaaa

abstract,headshot,photography,wallnest,w

- *headshot* - 'X' - closes forum bääääm and shuts down pc 4 now -

4yww4o1vu79y.jpg?id=73205886

Hi Tika,

Thanks a lot for your very valid input. Truly impressive technology and likely the future.

Nevertheless you are as well right that notebooks (or even 'schlepptops' ;-) ) always do represent some kind of compromise (and hence using PC rigs make more sense if it's about pure performance)

The same seems to me to apply to this approach as well... impressive performance - but for the price of losing portability (apart of the financial aspect ofc)... as I expect it means you will have to carry an additional screen with you to take advantage of the eGPU...

Thanks a lot though for all the highly interesting information and input!

Kr & TC

Babs