3DXChat Community

PM questions?

Lovers

Yes I'm always asking questions lol ... hope you don't mind <3

About PM's ... If I recieve a PM while away from the PC and by the time I answer the other person has gone offline will they still recieve my answers/response? when they come back online?

Can you PM someone offline so they get the message when they log on?

Thanks ....

PS .... oh does it make any difference if I close their PM attachment on the left hand side of the chat box before they get the message?

[...] Can you PM someone offline so they get the message when they log on?

Thanks ....

PS .... oh does it make any difference if I close their PM attachment on the left hand side of the chat box before they get the message?

You can send PM to offline contacts and they will receive an email of notification and will see your message as soon as they log on again. Once you've hit the send button the message will be delivered (unless they blocked you).

You can send PM to offline contacts and they will receive an email of notification and will see your message as soon as they log on again. Once you've hit the send button the message will be delivered (unless they blocked you).

Thanks, was a bit worried .... I have been away several times from the PC and it may have looked as if I was ignoring people :)

Thanks, was a bit worried .... have been away several times from the PC and it may have looked as if I was ignoring people :)

You are welcome. Best way to handle this is telling in your profile when you are afk or just pm your contacts imho.  ;)

You can send PM to offline contacts and they will receive an email of notification and will see your message as soon as they log on again.

Unless, of course, they have unchecked the Email Notifications check box, in which case they will only see the message when they log on again. 

B8u8aPJ.jpg

As Robt says, pm offline are not very liable.

It can work .. or not. And you have no real way to know it the person has well received your pm until you met the person and talk about your offline message.

I never made any statistic on this, and I do not use it quite often due to this doubt.

If someone has more experience in using offline pm and knowing "how often" it works, it woud be valuable to know.

Most of the "offline" pm that I receive from my friends are the first pm that they send me when I log on and that I have already readen.

I see them again the next time I log on.

So I guess the system consider that I am not yet online when my friends already see me online and send a pm.

It doesn't give me much confidence in offline pm  :)