#21 Nitroo

Nitroo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:28 PM

That's a really bizarre way at looking at roleplay and 3dx for that matter.

Firstly, most roleplayers like to do it with like minded people, well, its the only way you can RP on a realistic level, though I get what you mean when saying people playing the opposite sex, but the original questions are about roleplaying(not the 3dx pick-up game), which is playing out fixed or evolving stories and scenarios, and that sex doesn't matter in roleplay as the person is playing that role. The enjoyment comes from learning about that character and how your character meshes or reacts to them and the story. 

The other part of your reply is most worrying, getting emotions and being hurt.. I'm trying to think of a way to say this without being too blunt, but I can't think of anything other than you really shouldn't be here for that.

Keep your feet planted and firmly keep hold of realistic expectations. :)

Well, not everyone plays 3dx for the same reason and thats good so. ;)

#22 RobT

RobT

Lesbian Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:40 PM

You know why you thinking that? Cuz you take your life style seriously, As you know and already told you in the past,''Remember when we met in game'' I do rplay with those already open for it, if they seem not willing for so, i respect those playing 3dx game in a serious way just like you. I don't consider myself to be egotistical condescending person for playing the way i do Rob.

im not really sure how I take it too seriously since I don't rp at all. was just an observation. if you doubt what I say go in that one rp thread. will tell you all you need to know. if you don't agree, I wont lose any sleep over it as you shouldn't because you don't agree with me. everyone is entitled to there own opinion

#23 Nitroo

Nitroo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:52 PM

I would agree with someone earlier who said everyone roleplays to a certain extent because we arent the fictional avi in game. we can make them as close as possible to who we are but they arent us. I personally have never roleplayed in the classical sense because i find most Rpers to be very condisending and egotistical . they act like 3dx wouldnt survive without them and without them 3dx would crash and burn. . now that i think about it, sounds like i just described myself!!!

Well yes, I think many people have the opinion that 3dx IS jut a roleplay game.

#24 Niblette

Niblette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:18 PM

Well yes, I think many people have the opinion that 3dx IS jut a roleplay game.

I do think many maybe even most people do see it that way. However, I have definitely met people here who don't role play at all even sex. It is possible to do if you just talk about what your doing in RL. I prefer role playing sex though but, if the other person can be descriptive about what they are doing in RL that can be sexy as well. I think that's the real difference between being "descriptive" and role play, whether your really doing the things you say you are in RL. I do think most people role play here even if they don't admit it. I would say however that I would not be surprised if the majority of people who do see this as a role playing game are a bit conflicted about that as well.

• Nitroo and Twiggy like this

#25 RobT

RobT

Lesbian Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:31 PM

when i said role play, not in a classical sense because i dont role play. i just mean that your avi isnt you so in a way it is a roleplay

#26 Nitroo

Nitroo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:10 PM

I do think many maybe even most people do see it that way. However, I have definitely met people here who don't role play at all even sex. It is possible to do if you just talk about what your doing in RL. I prefer role playing sex though but, if the other person can be descriptive about what they are doing in RL that can be sexy as well. I think that's the real difference between being "descriptive" and role play, whether your really doing the things you say you are in RL. I do think most people role play here even if they don't admit it. I would say however that I would not be surprised if the majority of people who do see this as a role playing game are a bit conflicted about that as well.

Hey Niblette. I agree. There is a difference between cheating about your sex or personality and trying out things you haven't done in real life yet though. For example, me and my partner never had anal sex in real life. But in the game we had.

• Niblette likes this

#27 Sage Stoner

Sage Stoner

Scallywag and Rapscallion Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationTokyo Japan

Posted 08 July 2017 - 01:32 AM

So if youre a male who plays a female or a female who plays a male tell it to your coplayers and nobody will get hurt.

Wow.  Just wow.

Well, you could also say: If you are a cis-gendered homophobe tell it to your coplayers and nobody will get hurt.

#28 Briana

Briana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:04 PM

im not really sure how I take it too seriously since I don't rp at all. was just an observation. if you doubt what I say go in that one rp thread. will tell you all you need to know. if you don't agree, I wont lose any sleep over it as you shouldn't because you don't agree with me. everyone is entitled to there own opinion

The only thing I always knew is playing with honesty with ppl's and telling them I'm a roleplayer at the first met. No hurts, no surprise in that case.Soon they ask for my rl gender and stuff bla bla bla, I'm out, that's what it is.

I shared my rl identity and some rl things only with few players i met here who I consider as my real friends and very open minded as Oliu, Vero, Tika, Chik, Olesya... ect ect

#29 Fanta

Fanta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:55 PM

Classic rolepay does not exist yet... : P

#30 Deeborah

Deeborah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:51 PM

Play the game / explore this world as you wish.

But be clear about your view, first using your profile, and, then most important with your friends.

As the fact someone becomes a friend is not a punctual fact but a progressive process than can take days/weeks/Month, do not wait too long to be clear on your approach with these most important people who are your friends.

They will be the only reason why you stay here a long time, they need to know what is your definition of roleplay because so many people so many definition.

Yes we all do roleplay but some are 1% rp and some are 100% which makes a big difference and makes nobody on the same line.

This is a very specific point of this "game" (according to me) but also such a potential source of drama.

#31 WendyLong

WendyLong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:41 AM

Role play is a form of improvised theater and usually without an audience, with the focus on characters and character development rather than an actual plot. In the case of WoW the scene and setting would be the world the game provides, and the lore, as well as your characters back ground story.
rolling sky game

#32 Rickowned

Rickowned

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:17 PM

Easiest route to knowing if someone is into roleplaying or not is by their profiles. 

Personally I tried roleplaying but that "turn on" became a major "turn off" 

Some like to RP because it enhances their experience and need more to go off of while some like myself doesn't take much start feeling good.

I more found it annoying to try to type and pleasure myself at the same time... Also sticky hands on keyboard... EW!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users