140 replies to this topic

#41 AlexRyder

AlexRyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:58 PM

It's not possible to read other people's PMs, the server only sends those to their intended receivers, so in order to do that one would have to hack the game server and intercept messages there.

It's very unlikely there is a way to read a person's friend/ignore list without knowing their login password either. Probably authentication wasn't needed in earlier versions, but it is certainly required now.

Keep in mind though that when you share a game log (in case of a bug report or something), the list of your chars, your friend and ignore lists are also there, so if you just post the logs on the forum, anyone can read those.

• Sage Stoner and DerrickNow like this

#42 Sage Stoner

Sage Stoner

Scallywag and Rapscallion Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • LocationTokyo Japan

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:40 AM

Well, explain how people can get proof? No proof, so it is just rumors?

I told you how already. Pick any one of my three characters and tell me what the FL is. You can post it here on the forum if you want.

And please don't misunderstand me. I am not saying that there is no need to be aware of security issues.

I am simply saying that much of the information that is presented in this forum is mistaken. Sometimes it is an honest mistake and sometimes a not-so-honest mistake.  So if you are going to speculate that there is a way to read other people's FL, then you should be prepared to back up that claim with evidence. 

#43 RobT

RobT

Optimus Prime

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,823 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:05 AM

had someone in wc say people were starting viruses in 3dx. said that if more then 8 people said a word at the same time the virus would get everyone currently logged in. i really wish i knew where these people come up with this shit

• Rockster likes this

#44 DarkSnake

DarkSnake

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:52 AM

It's not possible to read other people's PMs, the server only sends those to their intended receivers, so in order to do that one would have to hack the game server and intercept messages there.

It's very unlikely there is a way to read a person's friend/ignore list without knowing their login password either. Probably authentication wasn't needed in earlier versions, but it is certainly required now.

Keep in mind though that when you share a game log (in case of a bug report or something), the list of your chars, your friend and ignore lists are also there, so if you just post the logs on the forum, anyone can read those.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your constructive answer.

About FL, It was in older version I got that some people can access to it, so nice if they can't in new version (at this time, in current version, I never catch that some player can read FL of others). But what about actions? (slowdance, partner, Home invitation, etc.). Also how Pandora can get deleted characters?

About hack of the server game, is it impossibe that happen? Do some players of the game can see IP adress of this server and have to send files to it also? (I think about all DJ who play music in public maps for example).

#45 DarkSnake

DarkSnake

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:03 AM

I told you how already. Pick any one of my three characters and tell me what the FL is. You can post it here on the forum if you want.

And please don't misunderstand me. I am not saying that there is no need to be aware of security issues.

I am simply saying that much of the information that is presented in this forum is mistaken. Sometimes it is an honest mistake and sometimes a not-so-honest mistake.  So if you are going to speculate that there is a way to read other people's FL, then you should be prepared to back up that claim with evidence. 

For your information, knows that I have no interest to write something in forum that I am not sure. If I am not sure, I ask or shut up, If I am sure, I say.

Knows that I have a brain^^

Only you speculate that what I say is wrong.

Best regards

#46 MeiLing

MeiLing

The fool who dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts
  • LocationMeiHenge

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:06 PM

Well someone should file a claim: Violation of privacy, hacking. It might be surely fun to watch the reactions. They are lot of rumors here. I have been playing since a year now...and I never met anyone with this kind of issues. I have met victims of "rape", found the rapper and shove them in my ignore list. About the rest: nothing.

• Sage Stoner likes this

#47 AlexRyder

AlexRyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:38 PM

had someone in wc say people were starting viruses in 3dx. said that if more then 8 people said a word at the same time the virus would get everyone currently logged in. i really wish i knew where these people come up with this shit

Can't say anything about viruses (lol), but the game needs to know the list of currently online users at any given time, so it's quite easy to get this info. Though what harm can be done by knowing if you're online or not? O_o

About FL, It was in older version I got that some people can access to it, so nice if they can't in new version (at this time, in current version, I never catch that some player can read FL of others). But what about actions? (slowdance, partner, Home invitation, etc.). Also how Pandora can get deleted characters?

About hack of the server game, is it impossibe that happen? Do some players of the game can see IP adress of this server and have to send files to it also? (I think about all DJ who play music in public maps for example).

The earliest version of the game I have is 335 and it requires your password to get the friend/ignore list. Can't say what was or was not possible before that version.

I think I wrote about actions in detail here on the forums already somewhere. Some of them require confirmation or need to be executed in the correct sequence by both participants to work, but basically yes, you can send random commands to the server some of which can be executed (like make a random character walk somewhere and so on). 

The Pandora, I suppose, is just constantly monitoring the player's profiles and other info provided by the server, so it just tracks if a character or some other info has been deleted and marks it as that.

Hacking the 3dx server would be as hard (or easy?) as hacking any other server that is there on the net. It would certainly require the skills in the field. Also, it would be a subject for all kinds of legal pursuit %)

The server does not share user IPs with other clients, each client is connected to the server and only the server knows the IP. Radio streaming is a whole another matter though. It is not really a part of the game and just uses the BASS audio library to handle this stuff. So if you're streaming from your PC directly, every listener will of course have your IP. But if you're using some streaming server for that, the listeners will only get the streaming service IP.

• gizmo, Sage Stoner and Twiggy like this

#48 RobT

RobT

Optimus Prime

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,823 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:44 PM

Can't say anything about viruses (lol), but the game needs to know the list of currently online users at any given time, so it's quite easy to get this info. Though what harm can be done by knowing if you're online or not? O_o

The earliest version of the game I have is 335 and it requires your password to get the friend/ignore list. Can't say what was or was not possible before that version.

I think I wrote about actions in detail here on the forums already somewhere. Some of them require confirmation or need to be executed in the correct sequence by both participants to work, but basically yes, you can send random commands to the server some of which can be executed (like make a random character walk somewhere and so on). 

The Pandora, I suppose, is just constantly monitoring the player's profiles and other info provided by the server, so it just tracks if a character or some other info has been deleted and marks it as that.

Hacking the 3dx server would be as hard (or easy?) as hacking any other server that is there on the net. It would certainly require the skills in the field. Also, it would be a subject for all kinds of legal pursuit %)

The server does not share user IPs with other clients, each client is connected to the server and only the server knows the IP. Radio streaming is a whole another matter though. It is not really a part of the game and just uses the BASS audio library to handle this stuff. So if you're streaming from your PC directly, every listener will of course have your IP. But if you're using some streaming server for that, the listeners will only get the streaming service IP.

I'm pretty sure all Pandora does is take snapshots of a user id every so often, that's how it gets the info . I am assuming every account has one id no matter how many alts it has

#49 AlexRyder

AlexRyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:05 PM

The user id is just an md5 checksum of your login e-mail. Each user profile contains an element with the user id, so it's quite easy to figure out the chars on the same account.

#50 DarkSnake

DarkSnake

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:20 AM

Thank you to clarifying Alex.

About Pandora service, It doesnot seem unwholesome at this time ( maybe for unrespectful players it is :P ). So hope it will stay like this.

Maybe this service should be integrate directly in the game, like this all cheaters will have to create new account for staying hidden^^ (will increase money for 3DXchat lol).

​regards,

#51 MeiLing

MeiLing

The fool who dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts
  • LocationMeiHenge

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:25 AM

Why do you call people with multi avatar: cheaters? They can be useful por RP purpose...So I don't understand the point. You know all totalitarianism begins with the notion of purity blood, race, ideology, etc. I am always wondering when I read this kind of commentS. Well as you say in France; balayez devant votre porte before calling other cheaters. We all are cheaters for someone in the game.

• ExHaran and Deeborah like this

#52 DarkSnake

DarkSnake

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:34 AM

Why do you call people with multi avatar: cheaters? They can be useful por RP purpose...So I don't understand the point. You know all totalitarianism begins with the notion of purity blood, race, ideology, etc. I am always wondering when I read this kind of commentS. Well as you say in France; balayez devant votre porte before calling other cheaters. We all are cheaters for someone in the game.

Hi MeiLing,

I don't say that all multi avatars are cheaters, I have one alt too and my main avi is black but i am white irl. I just say that some people use it for cheating and will not like Pandora service.

We have all right to have 3 different characters in this game and it is fine fine for me :)

Wish you a lot of fun RP dear :) 

#53 Pierrousss

Pierrousss

★★★ ШҤIŦЄ ǷÁĿÁƇЄ ϦƦØŤHЄĿ ★★★™

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationSouth of france

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:34 PM

Well as you say in France; balayez devant votre porte

toi, tu devrais penser a balayer ta petite porte arriere aussi  :P  :D  :D  :lol:

#54 Twiggy

Twiggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:12 PM

I have noticed Gizmo has liked a post or 2 in this thread, so it looks like he is interested in what is said about Pandora.

He has also stated he will be doing something about Pandora.

My question is will there be any information given from him as to what he intends to do, or maybe some options given where we can vote on which option we feel to be the best. or will the decision just be made by a select few like it has in the past.

#55 RobT

RobT

Optimus Prime

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,823 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:27 AM

they own the servers, if anything serious went down they would be the ones in trouble, not the people here. nobody here deserves a vote on what they do. if netflix got hacked do you think they would take a poll to see what they would do? when yahoo or sony got hacked did they take a poll?

#56 Twiggy

Twiggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:40 AM

One thing you can always do Rob is give me a good laugh, your comparisons to what is going on here did exactly that.

#57 Twiggy

Twiggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:55 AM

There has been several suggestions made in this thread on what can be done.

Encryption among other things have been suggested.

Encryption from what I understand would involve a lot of work and can also slow the game considerably.

History of the game has also shown the devs have been willing to take away the full account ignore to stop people from being able to use it to get information.

The full account ignore is how these people are able to get our user ids which enables them to find out the other avis on accounts.

They may decide to stop the ability to hack the dll file, and that is not as hard to do as some seem to suggest.

There are several ways the devs could go with this, some of which we loose out on things that pretty well all of us would not want to loose.

It also involves making decisions on what to do about the miss use of alts and how people should be able to use them, as that is the main reason Pandora is able to get people to use it.

History has also shown that things said in these forums accounts for very little in the decision making made by the devs.

The only thing that has seem to count are poles that have been held on different subjects.

Do I think we should be able to have a say in what gets done about this, you bet I do.

Do I think the people in here deserve a vote on what is done in this game, you bet I do.

And to be right up front in what I think, I think the devs need that help in making this decision, they need to present the different ideas they have and do a pole.

#58 RobT

RobT

Optimus Prime

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,823 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:07 AM

lets see if they ask you all what they should do, we will then see who is correct. i do find it funny how some of the same people who call the devs "stupid" and 'liars" are now asking to be included in any decision making process. 

#59 Twiggy

Twiggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:14 AM

It is very likely they will just do what they want to do, not even consider what we want, as history has shown.

That would not however show you to be correct, what they do and the response to what they do after it will show who to be correct.

#60 Leeloo

Leeloo

Supreme One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in solar system

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:07 PM

Personally , Pandora don't scare me ( as long as they can't force me to have sex with a male avi ) . They can see my profile ? and what ? it's not secret . They can see my pic galery ? and what ? it's public too or i would not have a pic galery . They can check my alt ? I don't care , every of my friends know i have an alt that i use only when there is cosplay events lol .

• Sage Stoner likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users