3DXChat Community

Clear instructions would be nice :(

Lovers

Guest Twiggy

I just went in game using the 362 version, without the patch, went to the beach and asked in local who had the new patch.

Most there didn't even know there was a new patch, let alone know how to get it.

So until it is made more clear there will be a number of people still using the 362 version, but it does appear you are still seen and can still see people with 363 installed.

That is if the handful that said they had the new patch new what they were talking about.

Guest Twiggy

This is so stuffed up.

I went in the game using 362 as I thought there would likely be people, especially new people that wouldn't even realise there is a new patch.

There are heaps, I am on the beach and have told about 50 so far and more keep coming in.

Also people in other places.

Some even have the new beach as they downloaded the new version, but see me and not the people from the new version.

I can talk with friends from the new version, but cant see them and they can't see me, also they cant see my text in WC or local chats.

Most of the people coming in either think they have the new version, or are just not even awhere there is one.

I can see certain people who have the new beach, but they also cant see the people that are in the new version.

This is so stuffed up.

I went in the game using 362 as I thought there would likely be people, especially new people that wouldn't even realise there is a new patch.

There are heaps, I am on the beach and have told about 50 so far and more keep coming in.

Also people in other places.

Some even have the new beach as they downloaded the new version, but see me and not the people from the new version.

I can talk with friends from the new version, but cant see them and they can't see me, also they cant see my text in WC or local chats.

Most of the people coming in either think they have the new version, or are just not even awhere there is one.

I can see certain people who have the new beach, but they also cant see the people that are in the new version.

Like I said to you Twigster, they effectively have three clients running now: 2.0 which is all but dead, 2.5 (362) and 2.5(363).... not patching is the biggest single issue as most people naturally rely on the auto-patch. And the water's weird LOL. I didn't know the split between who can see each other was not only between patches but within them too.

I had no problem, apart from...

I went to log in,

saw there was an update,

assumed (as there was no patch) that no patch was needed,

went to the beach, 

it looked the same as the old one (there was no new beach icon),

saw about fifty people standing around,

swam to zone limits wondering where the new beach was,

im'd a friend who told me I had to download the new version,

looked at the forum and there was a post giving the Google link,

I downloaded from there,

installed in a new folder,

logged in and it worked fine.

Having said that, I'm with those that think this whole thing is entirely unprofessional but then it is just a reflection of everything else to do with the management of this game (well, apart from, thank god, the finance side BMT Micro).

I went through the same process as Cordelia. I now see the new beach but only one private appartment.  Surely that is not right.  No mater how you cut it, this was not done well. Even if  you have to reinstall the program, proper notification was needed. Better communication people....

Well I eventually followed the advice of AlexRyder and Alliehotass (so thanks to them :) ) and reinstalled to a new folder ... this was new advice and made sense to me as I just added without subtracting until I am happy.

This method was easy and went without a problem :)

Should be an official sticky, as if you don't know what you are looking for how are confused members supposed to decide which method to use and how to find the choices dotted through the forum?

Why does everything have to be an arguement, why is it physically impossible for people here to find a middle ground and understand each other.

Or at least behave like common courtesey and respect matter in society.

Honestly if half of you brave internet forum posters behaved like this out in the real world you'd permanently be in medical care. There are too many egos on this forum.

I am not naming or pointing my finger at any individual, however if you feel offended perhaps you should contemplate why you feel offended.

Abbey

Guest Twiggy

If I was able to post something without having the same people trying to insult and belittle me everything would be fine.

I made a comment "sorry but how un professional is this"

From that I was insulted and set upon by the same 2 people that always feel they cannot just reply to any comment I make, they have to be insulting in doing so.

And for those of you that think that being told you need to have your hand held and someone to brush your hair to get the update is not an insult, I think you need to re think what he meant by that.

Now maybe they didn't realise what was going on, that it was not just a normal update where some had a problem with the updater, that everyone was not getting the auto patcher to come up and what that meant.

I would think that anyone that had been here for a while will have seen that from what happened when they tried to log in and what had already been said in this thread, will have worked out what it meant and the trouble it was causing.

But maybe I am wrong, maybe they had not seen what I saw, but if so why not just ask instead of the belittlement.

I know people are looking at me as at least being part of the cause of these arguments in these forums, always between these same people and myself.

So as I cannot place a post in these forums without them doing what they do I have decided the best thing I can do is no longer participate in these forums.

Problem solved.

my issues and my solution for updating to 3.63

First attempt:

patcher

Result = = not working

Second attempt:

1) Completely uninstall the game.
2) Remove the 3DXChat game folder.
3) Clear your registry. See how to do it here.
4) Download the latest installer and install it: Download 3DXChat (Mirrors: Google Drive or MEGA)
5) Run the game (and the patcher) as administrator, but first add the game (and the patcher) to the exception list of your firewall AND antivirus.

Result = I did not see any players in the game.

Third attempt:

1) Completely uninstall the game.
2) Remove the 3DXChat game folder.
3) Clear your registry. See how to do it here.

4) Installed 3.62

Result:

When I launched the game,  the patcher has updated to 3.63 and everything went in the right direction.

Now i can play like before.

I have decided the best thing I can do is no longer participate in these forums.

You're not the problem, Twigster and, therefore, leaving here is not the solution....

I concur with what Chloe says, I value you're input, and hey, you're 50% of my diary audience... LOL

/me waves a watch in front of your eyes chanting softly: 'come back to the forum, come back to the forum'

Sheeshers, some peeps like doing things tha hard way. The simple method has been explained twice but if you want to delete game, play with the registry go ahead, hey why not format ya hard drive too, then clean ya floors ya car and ya compooting outfit :P

I followed your instructions which I thank you For :)  a-) it didn't interfere with anything b-) I could roll it back easy  :)

But I still say "clear instructions would be nice" .... and a sticky ......

There are several sets of advice, all working to various degrees ....

Which advice used is dependent on which advice a member finds first. Which is no guarantee its the best advice .... and also relies on a new member knowing a search for the answer is required and which threads to search  :wacko:

No advice from 3dx ......  no sticky ..... nuf said  :P

Guest Mulan

As Rob has pointed out, 99% of the time the update patcher just works as expected. There is the rare occasion that the update fails. The official support suggests cleaning the registry. Most of the time just uninstalling 3DX and reinstalling it will fix it, cleaning the registry is just covering all bases.

Also, on the login screen of 362, there is a link in the news feed on the right at the top which takes you to the information about the new update. There are issues with 363. I uninstalled 362 and went to the members area and downloaded 363 and everything is fine. Sometimes updates fail and the devs can't test lots of different scenarios and configurations like a company like Microsoft. Plus this is a sex game, not an operating system, or something critical, so yes it is a minor inconvenience.

Also, the servers went down on the day of the update because of the increased load. Gizmo was quick to respond and the servers were quickly back online.

I don't see how that is unprofessional. There will always be problems, but I don't think you can criticise the developers for their response to the problems of the 363 update.

The developers can be criticised for a lot, but for me, the update to the beach is great and should be congratulated, and if the servers do go down, it is always back quickly, even though it doesn't feel quick when you want to go online.

Hopefully we see more location updates like the beach. I think we can all agree that the Saloon was a flop and the old NC is now pretty much a ghost town. I would like to see Sin get an update next.