3DXChat Community

Deleted

Queen

I have posted before that it only occurs on one of my laptops (Acer 5750G), which has Win 10 and Intel HD 3000 graphics. That combination isn't supported by Acer/Intel and, although I don't have a problem with the vast majority of software, I have to run a special (32 bit on a 64 bit system) version of Second Life and assume that is why I am now having this same sky problem in 3DXChat (which probably means that it is not resolvable, unless the devs make a special version lol!).

I would suggest that, if you do have Intel graphics, you look at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html?wapkw=cs-034343 and, if your os/graphics combination isn't supported, despite everything else working fine, you'll never get the sky problem resolved, unless you are able to upgrade your graphics (or revert to an earlier os, possibly).

Gizmo,

I have the same problem on an AMD Radeon HD 6970M with 2 GB RAM and an Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB.

All drivers are updated.

I had reported this on first release of 2.5. Many other users reported the same problems too.

You had time over 2 months to fix that problem. Why not?

This is not what I understand under good support. This is just lousy.

I’m sorry to say that, but the game is not playable under these conditions, except in night mode.

I wonder what I really pay for !?

Angi

Angelina, did you look at the table at the link I published above to see whether your Intel Iris graphics version is supported in the operating system you are using?

If not, there is probably nothing that can be done, apart from upgrading your card (if it is a card) or changing to a different version of your os.

As far as the AMD is concerned, you could have a look here and see if anything is relevant... http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/ati

It's because of Intel HD Graphics. Could you try to update your graphics drivers?

Gizmo, I as well as many others have had this problem since 2.5 came out. I tried to update my graphics driver but I believe like many others it is already at the best update. An update is not available for this graphics driver.

I am sincerely hoping that you guys can format this for us, because it is an annoying bug, my game plays fine. Just the color in the sky and floors is messed up.

Many people have since had this problem, and id hate to leave this awesome game! but this bug is very bothersome!

Many thanks for all your help and support to the customers of your game! <3

I have it too

Windows 10 64 bit 

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU       M 430  @ 2.27GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz

Memory: 8.00 Go

GPU: GT330M

Dedicated memory: 1024 Mo DDR

Available graphic memory: 4095 Mo

All drivers are updated..

I have no problem with 2.0. It began with 2.5.

Dell Inspiron Desktop (built 6/2011)

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

Processor: Intel Core I5 CPU

650 @ 320GHz

8.0 GB RAM

64-bit Operating System

Display was *gorgeous* in 2.0 - looks like child's fingerpainting in 2.5

Had to switch to simple water so water scenes would not be mostly black.

Drivers updated.

• 2 weeks later...

Have the same Problem with one of my Laptops :(

Mobility Radeon HD4650

Did try to change Graphic drivers but doesn't work...

It's on all things with reflection, Glasses, collar, sky...

• 2 weeks later...

Some news about this Bug?

Agreed, you notice it more outdoors but even Apartment 2, it shows up and it affects the floor patterns in the Night Club as well.

It seems Apartment 2 aren't so extremely with this bug for example are the reflections of the Glasses and Collar normal!

Only the sky Outside of the window in Apartment 2 have this bug...

Specifications Added:

DellStudio 1747

Intel I7 Q720

Ram 8GB

AMD MobilityRadeon HD4650

HardDrive Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB

Edited by Chilles

• 2 weeks later...

Check this some  GPU are not ready DirectX 12. So there are some trouble. I think that Unity needs DirectX 12. So here is a link with supported GPU:

NVDIA: https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dx12/supported-gpus

AMD: http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/directx12

INTEL: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005524.html

Yes we have old computers.... But all was good with 2.0. Thank you Unity or VR or Microsoft?

• 2 months later...

I am not an expert (repeat... I am not an expert) and I don't know what your configuration is but I understand that, in my case, with Intel HD3000 graphics on my laptop, the problem is that it only supports up to DirectX 10.1 and Win 10 installs DirectX 12.

The Firestorm viewer for Second Life has a special version to overcome the problem and it is a 32-bit version (as opposed to 64-bit). When I say "the problem," I admit that it is only a guess that the two are related but as they were both following major updates and that there are problems with the compatibility and lack of support for many graphics setups with Win 10, it is probably a good bet that you won't get any resolution to this.

However, I found a link suggesting you can run two versions of DX...
http://www.dosgamers.com/directx-9-windows-10-windows-8

...but haven't bothered to try it and I am not sure if Unity would be ok with it although Unity say that DirectX 9 or 11 are required for running games.

I am not an expert (repeat... I am not an expert) and I don't know what your configuration is but I understand that, in my case, with Intel HD3000 graphics on my laptop, the problem is that it only supports up to DirectX 10.1 and Win 10 installs DirectX 12.

The Firestorm viewer for Second Life has a special version to overcome the problem and it is a 32-bit version (as opposed to 64-bit). When I say "the problem," I admit that it is only a guess that the two are related but as they were both following major updates and that there are problems with the compatibility and lack of support for many graphics setups with Win 10, it is probably a good bet that you won't get any resolution to this.

However, I found a link suggesting you can run two versions of DX...

http://www.dosgamers.com/directx-9-windows-10-windows-8

...but haven't bothered to try it and I am not sure if Unity would be ok with it although Unity say that DirectX 9 or 11 are required for running games.

Unfortunately doesn't works :(

But was a good approach :)

I'm fairly certain this is a problem with VRAM (Video Random Access Memory), the same effect can be seen on other games if your VRAM can't keep up with the texture streaming. There's not much that can be done about this if VRAM is indeed the issue. The only immediate fix I could suggest is trying to play at a lower resolution or at lower graphics settings. This could also possibly be solved if the devs better optimized the game textures, although that would only go so far, hardware would still be a big bottleneck.