3DXChat Community

New Player's Initial Impressions

virtualguy

Hey everybody! I'm one week into playing this wonderful game, and want to share my initial impressions. I'm sure some or all of the following will ring true with most players, as I've read some of the same opinions on other threads of this forum.

I'm a long time gamer, and have stayed exclusively with single player content. Not sure why I never ventured into MMO's before now, but all I can say is that I'm hooked! Onto specifics:

Starting Out:

Creating my character was fun, but had a hard time coming up with a good name that isn't already claimed. I expect this to become problematic as the community continues to grow, and players will have to get more creative without being able to use numbers. Generally happy with the customize options for my character, but really hope to have more choices for the rooms to make them more personalized. I do appreciate other player's creativity to create spaces (like using poles for cages).

The Rules:

I made a point to read the forum, so I could learn the rules before starting out. Rules like no sex in main public spaces seems common sense to me, but some people may not understand immediately. This is an adult themed game after all with the trailer's preview frame showing a naked girl mounting a guy. Add that some players may not know English very well or at all could make it difficult for them to get self educated on the subject. Maybe have a help menu that explains this stuff in different languages?

Interacting:

I'll be honest. I was first attracted to this game, because of the trailer. I've been getting into the 3DX world (thanks Affect3D), and wanted to explore the kinky side of it. That being said, I had a fair amount of mindless sex in the beginning. The animations are great, but quickly realized it's way better with descriptive role play. Then I played with developing a personality for my character, and worked on creating descriptive scenes in local chat such as interacting with the bartender to order a drink and forget my character's virtual "rough day". Now it's more about acting out these types of scenes with other characters rather than the sex. Still like to partake, though. :)

Multiple Characters:

Still haven't decided my opinion on this. Learning the relationship aspect of of MMO's makes me wary of the risks of hurting people's feelings. If someone were to ask me, then I'd say the following. People should take personal responsibility, and make a good effort. If you develop a friendship/relationship with another character, then any alt character you control is forbidden from interacting with that person. This should help prevent hurt feelings and deceptions even if you have good intentions.

Price:

I buy all the games and music I download, and despise digital piracy. I'll generally pay between $40 and $60 a game on average. When I look at the time I've spent and the ever growing enveloping experience I'm having with 3DXChat, paying the $20 isn't bad at all. I'll probably go for a longer term subscription to lower costs in the future, though.

Thanks for reading this long winded post. Looking forward to my next 3DXChat login!

Thanks for the welcoming replies everyone! I'll remember to say hi. Will have to introduce myself, though. When I opened this forum account, I didn't use my character's name. I did that in an effort to keep real life and virtual life separate. Thought it would help to stay in character. Now worried somebody will name themselves "virtualguy", and be rude or something. Ugh I'm such a worrier!

your worried huh

on a more serious note, I have to agree with your experience, am bnew within the week too a bit over, and every thing you've mentioned i've thought.
if your worried about mixing up forum and ingame; add your character to your profile details on the forum. My ingame name isn't bubbles89, just a different take on my usual online identity, anonymity :P ;
As for longevity of this game, will be cancelling my trial $20 sub for the 6 monther, no second thoughts.

so welcome  :D