#1 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 May 2017 - 04:57 PM

took some pics of my nephews graduation and i want to send them to one of my sisters however gmail only allows 25 mbs of data via attachments. are they all like that or is some email better then the others?

#2 chloe

chloe

Chloe ♥ Felia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 May 2017 - 04:59 PM

Why not use Dropbox or something like that?

#3 SayaX

SayaX

Penguinologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationHogwarts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:03 PM

I would upload them to something like Google Photos and share them that way. It can be private. Personally, I would use something like Apple Photos or Google Photos as every time you take a picture on your phone it uploads them to the cloud, which is a good backup and it is easier to share and the photos stay in sync on you phone and computer. It can also make some nice videos and slideshows for you which are actually pretty good.

Alternatively use a cloud storage service like Dropbox, OneDrive, or Google Drive and share the folder with the photos. If your photos are below 16MP I think it is free, if they are above they count towards your 15GB free limit with Google Drive.

Whether or not you trust Google and their privacy policy is up to you.
  • Chilles and Kyaleah like this

#4 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:15 PM

my sister is a tech noob. i wanted to upload to my mega account and have her download them. she acted like i was sending her top secret nasa codes

#5 chloe

chloe

Chloe ♥ Felia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:17 PM

my sister is a tech noob. i wanted to upload to my mega account and have her download them. she acted like i was sending her top secret nasa codes

LMAO

#6 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:22 PM

how does this dropbox thing work, will she have to download anything?

#7 chloe

chloe

Chloe ♥ Felia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:23 PM

Tell her all tech girls from 3dx think it is safe to do so ;)

#8 chloe

chloe

Chloe ♥ Felia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:25 PM

how does this dropbox thing work, will she have to download anything?

Well... it could be that you can force the download so she has just to click on the link in your mail

#9 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:26 PM

Lol to show you how much they dont know. Her and her hubby called , said the printer didnt work and asked me to come over. I said sure..... I got there, looked at it and figured out the problem......

IT WAS UPLUGGED!!!!!
  • chloe likes this

#10 chloe

chloe

Chloe ♥ Felia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:27 PM

Lol to show you how much they dont know. Her and her hubby called , said the printer didnt work and asked me to come over. I said sure..... I got there, looked at it and figured out the problem......

IT WAS UPLUGGED!!!!!

HAHAHAHA I love family support too ^^

#11 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:50 PM

meh, i just posted them to my facebook and told the bish to download the ones she wanted

#12 violetvv

violetvv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the US

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:32 PM

I take tons of pictures for work, and seems Android has this option to send the photos to a contact, and instead of 'sending' them, it creates a gallery that they can access, it messages them the link I think.

I found this by accident, when I have to send a bunch of pics I open the gmail app, otherwise I send a text.  So when I found this I clicked the contact, after selecting the pictures, and it sent them a link with the pictures.  My boss is also tech noob and he was able to see the picture.  Would've heard about it if it didn't go through lol

I'm still unsure where the gallery is hosted or what the deal is lol  I just know it's worked for sending multiple large images.

#13 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:54 PM

We both have android so will check it out

#14 RedJewel

RedJewel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:10 PM

Yes for file sharing Dropbox is that best and thing is can stay connected so anything you upload can also drop in her box , I think it's pretty cool , I also like Googles cause can have pictures there and send the whole file have also done that , as for android blush ing well have to be careful what take pictures of on that sucker , cause when I got my fire stick lets just say , all my dirty little secrets was there had to do some fast cleaning.

#15 ffan

ffan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationSomewhere mid Europe, GMT +1:00

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:03 PM

I take tons of pictures for work, and seems Android has this option to send the photos to a contact, and instead of 'sending' them, it creates a gallery that they can access, it messages them the link I think.

I found this by accident, when I have to send a bunch of pics I open the gmail app, otherwise I send a text.  So when I found this I clicked the contact, after selecting the pictures, and it sent them a link with the pictures.  My boss is also tech noob and he was able to see the picture.  Would've heard about it if it didn't go through lol

I'm still unsure where the gallery is hosted or what the deal is lol  I just know it's worked for sending multiple large images.

Trying to figure out how... in my android version ther's no direct link from gallery to contacts but the usual email and social apps "send to"

#16 violetvv

violetvv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the US

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:29 PM

Trying to figure out how... in my android version ther's no direct link from gallery to contacts but the usual email and social apps "send to"

You gotta use Google Photos!

From there click select the pictures you want, and then click the share icon.

The next window, the first row will be your contacts!  Underneath those is the option to share the pictures via all the apps you have installed that can do this.

EDIT:  So you'd select the contacts you want to share the thing with and I'm sure you get a link.

• ffan likes this

#17 ffan

ffan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationSomewhere mid Europe, GMT +1:00

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:28 AM

You gotta use Google Photos!

From there click select the pictures you want, and then click the share icon.

The next window, the first row will be your contacts!  Underneath those is the option to share the pictures via all the apps you have installed that can do this.

EDIT:  So you'd select the contacts you want to share the thing with and I'm sure you get a link.

Got it! I like to use it but... not many knows that you can't access all functions trough the app or the website... I'm an old user of the discontinued "Picasa" and when you login and sync your pics you get more admin priviledges than the mere webpage or app LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users