3DXChat Community

You have to Love it...Men crying sexist about Wonder Woman

Athena Starfire

Guest SayaX

The pay gap is also a myth. Women in the same jobs get paid the same money.

----

Glad you do...women are paid 30% less than men here...

Where did you get that figure from? According to this New Zealand government website the pay gap is 12% at most.

http://women.govt.nz/work-skills/income/gender-pay-gap

And if you read the whole article there is a bunch of different factors at play. If you went for a job today as a software developer for $50k. Then with similar experience a man and woman would both receive $50k a year. Do you really believe that in a modern developed society like NZ a man would get paid more? Why would an employer even make a difference? The company are asking to be sued if that happens and companies like Uber have come under attack for a culture of sexism.

There are women in high paid jobs and positions of power. Clinton ran for President, the UK has a female Prime Minister, Germany has a female in charge. Meg Whitman, CEO of HPE. Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook. Susan Wojcicki, CEO of YouTube. Ginni Rometty, CEO of IBM. Angela Ahrendts, SVP of Apple Retail.

was just reading that. if anyone thinks women arent underpaid in alot jobs where the men are doing the same exact thing then they are foolish. she listed a handful of women out of how many fortune 500 type companies???    . simply not true. I am talking the US here. you can always find exceptions to a rule, that's not that difficult.

to suggest women aren't sometimes treated not as fairly to men in this country pay wise  is  silly at best

Look robt I think your missing the point. Right now it has never been a better time to be a women in a modern first world society and whether you want to believe it or not it is true that theses stereotypes of women not being treated equally and being paid less are being proven wrong more and more. The point of posting these few successful females that sayax listed is not to show the mass difference compared to their male counterpart but for you to see that the female race is on the rise! So please get that gender handicapped mentality out of your head, it truly is a dying stereotype, because I can't really stress this enough but it has never been a better time

to be a hard working female in a first world country.

actually you aren't. get that Neanderthal view out of yours. what you are basically saying is yeah they are underpaid, not treated as fairly as men but hey, its better then it was 20 years ago!

I only deal in facts and the fact of the matter is they are underpaid. whether its 12 percent or 30 percent doesn't matter. 12 percent is a rather large number in itself. You can scream this shit about its better all you want but facts are facts and the simple fact of the matter is on average men are paid more then women in this country for the same jobs as we sit here typing.

Do you just think change happens overnight? Obviously its going to take time, but that doesn't kill what I said about women being on the rise and they should take advantage of the opportunities in front of them instead of letting this shrinking pay gap be the argument for this sexist divide. Yeah sure you can spit "facts" about the 30% to 12% which is more then double! Instead why don't you try not listing these fading road blocks and encouraging people to take advantage of the rising opportunities they have, showing them that this is a dying stereotype and should not be the reason you are held back from being a successful person.

Here is a more interesting graph:

2KT5Skz.png

So the gap falls significantly when we compare people doing same roles at same company. Still not great, but UK, for example, has such a small gap it may well link in to hours worked or bonuses earned, or perhaps employer pension contributions - based on employee contributions - ie men pay in more to their pension and so total reward package appears higher. UAE is explained by the fact mostly only educated women are in the workforce, though interesting they earn more at the same job.

I'm also unsure if statistics include people in receipt of a pension - historically as men earned more their pension - esp a final salary pension - would be higher - though as noted unsure if this is in the stats or not!

http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2016/05/gender-pay-gap-0

You may have to subscribe to view!

Guest SayaX

also, if you don't mind I am wondering where you found this at because every topic ive found while searching suggests at the most its 40 percent

Well, if you actually look at the YouTube channel I recommended, they cite every bit of information from news articles, studies and academic papers and journals. It is not just some angry conservative with a bone to pick with women, it is a clearly structured dialogue with real evidence to back it up. Here is a less simplistic view of the "wage gap", which from the 12% figure, it does exist but not because of inherent sexism in the work place. All the links to the articles are in the description of the YouTube video. Men and women are different, it is just simplistic, lazy, and wrong to just label it as sexism.

Maybe capitalism works more in favour of male personalities, or maybe in some places there are some more traditional views which places the man as the main earner due to cultural or religious beliefs. But the gap is closing and it is entirely possible for women in organisations to climb to the very top. They probably make the same sacrificies in family life and work all hours of the day to reach that position in the same way a man would do the same to reach the CEO position or leader of a country.

Good on you Rob because I saw some inaccuracies but I'm too busy working at a lesser wage at the moment. Additionally supporting evidence would be great. I tried one vid and there was nothing to substantiate the claims made. More like opinions which are like assholes which... I can't be bothered to search to support someone else's "facts". YouTube videos and opinion pieces are not statistics. 70 percent of child neglect cases all women? Where? I've seen in the past two months more than one case of a man murder a child he was to care for. Not to mention it's a toss out "stat". Are these single parent homes... etc. etc.

Guest SayaX

Well, whatever you feel. I would like to congratulate people for keeping the debate constructive in this important topic. I know people hate to talk politics but it is something we have to engage in to make any sort of change.

P.s. SayaX for President 2020 :lol:

All this because I though a news article was funny... jezzz

No its not because you thought the article was funny, it was because you posted some sexist shit and that is why you got all this feedback.

Just wanna add, it's the males who made Trump president.

And as long as he is president there won't anything get better for women because he is a macho and sexist who gives a shit about them or their rights.

All this because I though a news article was funny... jezzz

#musica in sono facit | il tono rende la musica | der ton macht die musik | de toon maakt de muziek | la tonalité fait la musique | el tono hace que la música | ton sprawia, że ​​muzykatonen gjør musikken| тон робіць музыку | déanann an ton an ceo เสียงทำให้เพลง | тон робить музику| 音調使音樂 | sesi müziği yapar | 音色は音楽を作る | ton stvara glazbu | ton čini glazbu | نغمة الذكور الموسيقى | a hang teszi a zenét | sävy tekee | musiikista | הטון הופך את המוסיקה | tóninn gerir tónlistina | tón dělá hudbu | i'aria face la mùsica | ton jagħmel il-mużika | die ton maak die musiek... the tone makes the music and saya actually already answered most of it:

...  male or a female. I could not care if you are either. What does get old is your constant posts that you are a lesbian. I am sure there are real lesbians in 3DX, but if you constantly go on about your sexuality and get up tight about men joining a public room then you can understand the cynisism people have whether or not you are a female. I have found most women are very accepting of men. It is only the feminists or men pretending to be females and being dishonest about it that get upset when they see a man. And I don't think most men who play as women are disrespectful to men because that is hypocrisy.

Your comment, there are nice men like it is a rare occurrence. The majority of men are nice. The majority of every social class is nice. It is just a minority that brings a social class down and then people think that the majority of that social class are the same.

tumblr_o1l2wv41MX1qboc3jo1_500.gif

and #btw the real world already is (still) fuked up enough - since centuries - and it will ever be, cause apperently some pepole cant even get along together in a freakn "videogame" #pffffft #silly monkeys killing other monkeys, torchering, discriminating, bombing, dying, hailing to #flags, #religions, #idologies and other #warpigs - besides that: also are still typing in unnecessary online "genderwar topics" ... again and again - still in in the year 2017 - wastn lifeTime cause its actually ok and normal to have a#sexualpreference #genderpride #countrypride #acock #avangina #kinks #fetishes #blah and probably all of that 2gether: as a #religion with a #apussy or with #apenis - and hey, its totally fine to have one of these 2 things and its absolutely  fine to be proud of it - people just shouldnt whip it out constantly in public and start waving it around in our faces on a daily bases and so please: do not try to shove it down my, or my childrens throats and giving lesbians, woman and simply all and everything ... a "bad(er)" or more "negative" reputation and taste in here, that mentioned ppl already cuase of other ppl and i dont mean explizit you with that! in gernal and longer story #thatsall #thankyou #somuch #jezzz #page5 #and #last #besidesthat

giphy.gif

:blink:
:ph34r:

back to the joking part? ok? sure? ok^^ | sex - sec

shanti.jpg?id=101646847

daddy gizmo should be working on his next patch instead of ALSO having to checkout endless gender "debates" #yearly #monthly #weekly #daily?! #meanwhile #again so that ppl dont rip of their heads or eachothers genitals off with things of a game, ´where one should or could think, that its actually insignificantly, totally trival, not even having to waste a single split second on... often things start as a supposed "joke", or how peeps "express" themselfs within and generally - so next lill patchdelay is also on everybody in this thread #damn #me2 #and #athena #plus #lara in the #masturbation #thread #hilerious but that #morrow #gn8

4yww4o1vu79y.jpg?id=73205886

And as long as he is president there won't anything get better for women because he is a macho and sexist who gives a shit about them or their rights.

He gives a shit about everything. He is the biggest political troll in world history.

Saya... Didnt mean to sound snippy so apologize if i did.

Well, whatever you feel.

All this talk about equality and, treating the other sex fairly and how opposing views should ALL be considered...and then you manage to micro-insert things like these, and you begin to see how, though you say you stand for something, you really stand for something different.

Let's get realistic here. Politics are for suckers with worn-out soapboxes.

Okay, so we have a group of female employees who are screening a pre-release of Wonder Woman before anyone else.

Here, why don't we start out with this. This was taken from a review on the Alamo Drafthouse providing movie screen to an all-female audience for Wonder Woman:

"There are two things I love in this world: movie theaters with zero tolerance for talking and texting, and Wonder Woman. And this weekend, I shall have them both as I sit back and indulge in a $15 milkshake while Gal Gadot beats the living hell out of Axis soldiers on the Alamo Drafthouse screen. The Princess is here!

To celebrate the silver screen arrival of the greatest superhero of all time (who happens to be a woman), the Alamo has taken things one step further, with all-women screenings of Wonder Woman scheduled in NYC and Austin. Proceeds will benefit Planned Parenthood. 

Objectively speaking, this is the greatest thing to ever happen. But apparently, the super-powered event—which welcomes only guests who identify as women and is staffed by an all-female theater crew—have drawn the ire of some truly brave men's rights activists. 

@AlamoNYC @WonderWomanFilm Will you turn me and my other male friends away from the all women screening we just bought tickets to? There's 10 of us coming.

— Zach Alvarez (@Fuzzywarbles2) May 28, 2017

@5Danny @John1JohnHolden @PPFA pic.twitter.com/WXQLBGq3yq

— Alamo Drafthouse NYC (@AlamoNYC) May 26, 2017

Naturally, the Alamo ain't having it. 

pic.twitter.com/DxtIAZlEs2

— Alamo Drafthouse NYC (@AlamoNYC) May 25, 2017

pic.twitter.com/DxtIAZlEs2

— Alamo Drafthouse NYC (@AlamoNYC) May 25, 2017

Despite these charming stands, positive responses have been so overwhelming that screenings in both cities sold out, with NYC's Sunday showing getting booked in less than an hour. To keep up with the demand—and hopefully to spite the great male minds of Twitter—Alamo added two more all-women showings for next Monday and Thursday. Now they've sold out, too. 

When your screenings of #WonderWoman just for women sell out in an hour pic.twitter.com/rH7Mdim8fI

— Alamo Drafthouse NYC (@AlamoNYC) May 26, 2017

Of course, Alamo does want everyone to feel welcome. They released this official statement:

"Obviously, Alamo Drafthouse recognizes 'Wonder Woman' is a film for all audiences, but our special women-only screenings may have created confusion - we want everybody to see this film.” 

Hopefully, this will become a thing, and Alamo can make this a regular series. Can you imagine taking your daughter to an all-female screening of Aliens, Thelma & Louise or even Romy & Michele's High School Reunion? Meanwhile, as the thinkers of our time ask the question "What About Men?," you should buy a ticket and see the damn movie! And if you hear someone breaking into tears in your theater every time Diana crosses her bangle bracelets, it's probably me. 

*This blog post was written with the Wonder Woman theme played on repeat.

Clearly she's stupid, but you have to stop and think about something.

HOW do we know this was written by a woman? Much like this game serves as a litmus test to see if men can play the part of women, articles like these are posted everywhere to incite not just conversation, but hateful, biased opinions about the other sex. In this case, men.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the article above was written by a woman. NO real woman in her right MIND would post such an article unless she values her job as a serious columnist. You might as well should be working for the Daily Sun, or the National Enquirer posting such flamboyant articles like that.

Now, the same goes for the women who congealed to make this screening PRO-WOMEN at the Alamo Drafthouse...in Austin, Texas.

Some of you may not be familiar with the climate in Austin, but I live in El Paso. EVERY hipster with a dream of becoming a Raspberry PI dreamer is headed out east for that reason alone; Austin is a cesspool of geo-political garbage, left and right wing theorocracies and social justice vandalism.

Now, the statement I quoted above, shows absolutely no difference to what happened in Austin. We have our very own Drafthouse going on here.

Rob's always been a man whose viewpoints stand out, much to the dislike of most of you here on the forums. But look very closely at what Saya wrote back, how she answered. Is it any different from what the female employees at the Alamo Drafthouse did to the men wanting to watch a movie— who could have easily just gone to another theater and enjoyed the movie instead?

Now, Wonder Woman is NOT a sign, nor a beacon for women to look up to and strive to be. She's a comic book character. Rather that go back in time and look at any TRUE women of influence— women who fought for the right to stand alongside men in the push for a future together, you have TWO ENTIRE generations of people posting their hopes and dreams on fake characters that neither exist for their pursuit of achievements, their desire to be something better, or anything else.

Wonder Woman was created to make MONEY. Every story, every comic book, Linda Carter.

There's nothing ethereal about the mythos that is Wonder Woman. I included, how many of us really know who the character is, much less know more about her backstory, what she's gone through, or even consider her to be a real person at all?

None of us do, unless we're FANS of the character. Most of us don't care. It's all fiction. None of this exists.

However, there are some of us looking for that GREEN who are willing to make a political abortion out of something so clearly mundane. Women who are brainwashed to think that GIRL POWER still exists, DESERVE to get conned by the Alamo Drafthouse into thinking that their "Only Girls Allowed" screenings are made JUST for them. Just for us. Women rule.

Let me sit back and enjoy my 15 DOLLAR milkshake while Gal Gidot kicks men ass on screen.

Give me a break.

Rob, don't apologize. Your facts and your opinions are just as good a part of the conversation. Saya, I respect you as a person, but how you answered back to Rob was NOT in good taste.

After everything you said, posting all of the facts you pulled, the MYTHOS of how womanly-oriented you are that blanketed us to feel safe and warm, and how some on this thread praised your knowledgeable information, you answer back to Rob like his opinion didn't matter.

That KILLED the illusion you were trying to portray; a WONDER WOMAN of sorts, if you were trying at all. Food for thought.

I know Rob's a dick. I've had my thread battles with him. But I respect him more for being honest about shit and not pulling any punches. In fact, I can say I've become better aware of how I write things because of him.

Now this entire conversation is still up for debate, I'm sure. My thoughts and OPINIONS are subject to cross-examination, and I don't deny it. In fact, I welcome it. I may be wrong about some of the things I wrote, and that's okay. Please correct me. I'm not the BE ALL, END ALL here.

But this just goes to show how even though we stand up for something, we micro-manage what we really mean without anyone else giving it a second thought.

I did. And looky what I found. :P

Guest Twiggy

I have experienced a lot of things from guys, where it has just made things difficult through to really bad, it does actually happen far to much and I guess I could have easily fallen into the "f.....g men" thing.

But what I know is that it is only a small percentage of guys are like that, most are just as kind and thoughtful as we are.

I am also very aware there is just as many women that are just as bad as these guys are to, it is not just a one sided thing.

Also when I think about the problems I have had to face the majority of them have been caused through other women, not the really big ones I have had, but women are often bitches to other women.

I think some women are unfortunate and find more than their share of guys that do the wrong thing, and has them think that most men are ass holes.

About the only thing I would consider maybe different, is that when a guy goes through the same thing, gets miss treated by women so much he feels we are all bitches, mostly he wont swing to being with guys, he will just treat other women badly.

post-5159-0-83316500-1496296561_thumb.jpg