3DXChat Community

You have to Love it...Men crying sexist about Wonder Woman

Athena Starfire

"It's sexist': Men flip out over women-only Wonder Woman screenings"

"A popular Texas movie theatre that doesn't shy from controversy decided to turn a screening of the new Wonder Woman movie into a jam-packed celebration with a single rule: "No boys allowed.""

I LOVE IT!!!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11865380

Athena, you should read the history of Wonder Woman. If you did it you will argue, the "No boys allowed" is inappropriate.

Marston, the original developer of the comic character, was a feminist guy who developed the character together with his wife.

He was inspired by his co-worker, a black-haired emancipated woman. BTW she become the lover of him and his wife later ^^

With that background "no boys allowed!" is pure bullshit. So sorry I don't love it. 

Thanks to Wikipedia... it was really inspiring to read the background of Wonder Woman, which is not a sexist character as I previously assumed.

Guest Rickster

Unfortunaly it is just a movie and not real... like for example lesbians in 3DXCHAT  ;)

But Gal Gadot is really hot, maybe even the hottest actress worldwide currently. And the best thing: she is not a lesbian.  :P

We can not achieve "equality and understanding" if we are supporting "division", the two concepts are not compatible.

Feminism is about empowering women, not giving women power over men. My personal thoughts and view

equality
ɪˈkwɒlɪti,iːˈkwɒlɪti/
noun
noun: equality; plural noun: equalities
  1. 1.
    the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, or opportunities.
    synonyms: fairness, justness, equitability, impartiality, even-handedness, egalitarianism, equal rights, equal opportunities, non-discrimination; More
  2. 2.
    Mathematics
    a symbolic expression of the fact that two quantities are equal; an equation.

Women have been discriminated all along the History and I won't mention the discrimination toward lesbian. So I think that we must clever than them and do not discriminate. Hate, discrimination are the words of patriarchy, they are not women words, they can't be lesbian words. 

Unfortunaly it is just a movie and not real... like for example lesbians in 3DXCHAT  ;)

But Gal Gadot is really hot, maybe even the hottest actress worldwide currently. And the best thing: she is not a lesbian.  :P

It's easy to blame all lesbians to be fake cause they reject you as a sex partner. Sooooooooooooooooo sorry for you!

Guest SayaX

A system focused on group achievement, in contrast, actually requires unequal, preferential treatment of some individuals over others based solely on their membership in a particular group or class.

An interesting marketing ploy which worked well apparently... "The promotion worked and the screening sold out in a little over two hours"

I have no problem with this, though. It's cool - those who went probably enjoyed the experience more because of the theater's USP - and I note they catered for gender fluidity too. But an expression of 'girl power' (the choice of phrase makes me cringe a little) as they labeled it? Nah, we've moved beyond gestures like this being significant statements of societal evolution. In fact, it's ever so slightly retro feminism, but not in a bad way... just a little dated and relatively harmless in terms of generating publicity.

A little research shows the cinema's holding company is owned by three men who, ultimately, will have sanctioned these events. So, not that much 'girl power' in their boardroom it would appear. It would have been interesting if they'd been questioned about that...

Well, I didnt see what 'Rickster' said because hes on ignore...

In the actual story of Wonder Woman, and Amazonian Princess that was born and grew up on a island populated only by insanely beautiful amazons you can't tell there wasn't at least a little bit of lesbian action going on :)

As far as the 'discrimination' against men (IMHO)...GOOD ON THEM...about time they had a taste of it.....and what do they do "cry like a women"....

They have a gym here in Auckland that is females only, even the staff...I guess this is 'discrimination' to?

Well, I didnt see what 'Rickster' said because hes on ignore...

In the actual story of Wonder Woman, and Amazonian Princess that was born and grew up on a island populated only by insanely beautiful amazons you can't tell there wasn't at least a little bit of lesbian action going on :)

As far as the 'discrimination' against men (IMHO)...GOOD ON THEM...about time they had a taste of it.....and what do they do "cry like a women"....

They have a gym here in Auckland that is females only, even the staff...I guess this is 'discrimination' to?

"eye for eye tooth for tooth" yeah history show us that this is a guarantor for success /irony off

I don't like this at all.

This is what the equality between the genders ruins and destroys.

Yes, men discriminated us women. BUT not this generation.

We live in a generation where equality get's more and more into the heads and shit like that just ruins that.

Why you want to do the same things what men did to us? It makes no sense for me.

It only will end in war between genders.

And this is not the last thing. I hate it if women come to me and says "The men has to do the first step, has to care for his family."

This is bullshit (sorry). Women also have to care for the family and pay the bills.

Equality doesn't only have to come from the men but also from the women.

And last thing, what you wrote there Athena. "Cry like women". Why men aren't allowed to complain about thing what they don't like? We do it all the time.

Yes MeiLing, but it get's better and better.

Sure, some countrys still stay on the "women are less worth" shit.

But most countrys in the EU and on America do something against that.

I live in germany and I don't feel discriminated at all.

Some women in germany actually abuse this discriminated thing.

Guest Twiggy

Trying to work out how I really feel about all this.

Firstly it is something I do not agree with, why open it only to women, I know it was done as a marketing ploy but the way I see it, it is in a sense actually using women to do so.

Exploiting how some women do feel and promoting the division that use to exist and in most countries now does not.

Having said that I have to confess that I own a company, well a partner in that company, where all of our employees are women.

That was not done as a sexist act, or in any way saying anything against guys.

It just happened, the 1st 4 we employed were females, the reason being they were the ones that were best qualified and suited to the job, not based on their gender but on how they presented themselves and their ability to do what we needed.

The field we are in is rather dominated by females, at uni we out numbered guys by more than 3 to 1.

In the time I interviewed people only 2 guys applied, one was not qualitied and the other left me feeling he thought because he was a guy he would be able to show us all how to do things, just seemed to have an attitude that wouldn't suite.

When we decided to expand to more than 4, the girls asked if we could keep it as all girls, as it just made for such a better work environment, again not meaning to be sexist, just that it seemed to work, and we decided to keep it that way.

Plus I think it will have been hard for a guy to feel comfortable anyway, 2 women owners and the other 4 employees all being girls.

We now have 7 graphic artists and a receptionist, all girls and none are lesbians, not that they wouldn't be welcome, just turned out that way.

The oldest is 31, except for my partner who is older, and it is just a very fun place to work.

Lol, I have to admit we joked around when we decided to have a receptionist, come office clerk, come coffee getter, that we should get a guy for that, but none of us were really serious and all thought it would be a tough job for a guy to handle.

Not that a guy couldn't do it, just he would be really badly out numbered and would cop a lot of shit.

I have mentioned all this as I do feel there are places where it is needed where guys can do their thing and girls can do theirs.

My bf has a guys night most Tuesday nights where they go play pool, no girls allowed and I think that is fine and feel they do need that time.

My company just seems to work so well the way it is and I feel certain there is other companies that have all males and works just as well.

But when it comes to this, opening a movie to only girls, I just feel that is wrong, especially when it was done by guys.

Trying to work out how I really feel about all this.

Firstly it is something I do not agree with, why open it only to women, I know it was done as a marketing ploy but the way I see it, it is in a sense actually using women to do so.

Exploiting how some women do feel and promoting the division that use to exist and in most countries now does not.

Having said that I have to confess that I own a company, well a partner in that company, where all of our employees are women.

That was not done as a sexist act, or in any way saying anything against guys.

It just happened, the 1st 4 we employed were females, the reason being they were the ones that were best qualified and suited to the job, not based on their gender but on how they presented themselves and their ability to do what we needed.

The field we are in is rather dominated by females, at uni we out numbered guys by more than 3 to 1.

In the time I interviewed people only 2 guys applied, one was not qualitied and the other left me feeling he thought because he was a guy he would be able to show us all how to do things, just seemed to have an attitude that wouldn't suite.

When we decided to expand to more than 4, the girls asked if we could keep it as all girls, as it just made for such a better work environment, again not meaning to be sexist, just that it seemed to work, and we decided to keep it that way.

Plus I think it will have been hard for a guy to feel comfortable anyway, 2 women owners and the other 4 employees all being girls.

We now have 7 graphic artists and a receptionist, all girls and none are lesbians, not that they wouldn't be welcome, just turned out that way.

The oldest is 31, except for my partner who is older, and it is just a very fun place to work.

Lol, I have to admit we joked around when we decided to have a receptionist, come office clerk, come coffee getter, that we should get a guy for that, but none of us were really serious and all thought it would be a tough job for a guy to handle.

Not that a guy couldn't do it, just he would be really badly out numbered and would cop a lot of shit.

I have mentioned all this as I do feel there are places where it is needed where guys can do their thing and girls can do theirs.

My bf has a guys night most Tuesday nights where they go play pool, no girls allowed and I think that is fine and feel they do need that time.

My company just seems to work so well the way it is and I feel certain there is other companies that have all males and works just as well.

But when it comes to this, opening a movie to only girls, I just feel that is wrong, especially when it was done by guys.

Interesting take on things, Twigster.

I guess I feel if gender equality is as robust as it appears to be in 2017, we shouldn't feel its progress is threatened by a crass marketing strategy such as the one for this film. And likewise, if more is made of this publicity stunt than is warranted -  kinda turning it into a meaningful protest against sexism - then maybe things haven't progressed as much as we thought.

PS: I make a mean cup of coffee...

hmmm Twiggy, I know the opposite side, means I work in a male dominated area. If you give no guy the chance to prove himself to be the best for a job in your company than this is discriminating. Sorry you can't compare this with a guys / girls only night.

There will be always jobs more preferred by men or women but we should not fence them off against the other gender. Even in our west culture nowadays their are still borders between both sexes (or all sexes ^^) We should tear them down.

I for myself never do girls only nights since it is much more fun to have a mixed party. But of cause without assholes or old-fashioned people :)

AnyNameWillDo "PS: I make a mean cup of coffee..."

I like mine with cream and with a little honey thank you in advance

/me walks into the thread wearing just an apron embossed with comically exaggerated abs and asks all the other girls what they're drinking. Walks out again.... backwards. Damn thong....

I don't like this at all.

This is what the equality between the genders ruins and destroys.

Yes, men discriminated us women. BUT not this generation.

We live in a generation where equality get's more and more into the heads and shit like that just ruins that.

Why you want to do the same things what men did to us? It makes no sense for me.

It only will end in war between genders.

And this is not the last thing. I hate it if women come to me and says "The men has to do the first step, has to care for his family."

This is bullshit (sorry). Women also have to care for the family and pay the bills.

Equality doesn't only have to come from the men but also from the women.

And last thing, what you wrote there Athena. "Cry like women". Why men aren't allowed to complain about thing what they don't like? We do it all the time.

"Not this Generation"...So this is why women in NZ still get paid 30% less for the same exact job? I was raised in a male oriented religion. My Gamma had more bible knowledge (Jehovah's Witness) than any of the priests or elders. When I asked why she wasn't an Elder...ANSWER: Because women are not allowed to be Elders, I'm in 'this' generation. But I was only taught how to cook, clean, sew, do laundry and serve a future 'husband', the old "Barefoot and Pregnant in the Kitchen" attitude I though went out after the 50's. And this is still going on..TODAY... And I was using the 'Cry like a Woman" reference sarcastically because that what men say when they want to insult someone. When I claimed my preference in life I was outcast from everyone (even my own family) because I dared to go against what Men have decried.

Just recently in the USA... Pretty much the only reason Trump was elected was for one reason, they had no choice...The MALE population could not put up with a Woman President. Britain had a woman prime mister (equal to President) for years, Here in NZ we had a woman prime minister for 14 years. As long as the "Powers That Be" are Men (which is Forever). There will never be equality in the world. In some places in the world if a woman shows her face or hair she is publicly whipped. There is your equality. So don't piss on me and tell me its raining.

Guest Twiggy

Chloe, I am not discriminating at all, the 1st 4 positions were all open to male or female, it just turned out that all the ones that were best qualified and better for the job happened to be girls.

The decision was made from there as it is what the present employees asked for and employing 1 guy in a workplace full of girls could present other problems, making it so a girl would be better suited for the position.

When I employ a person I need to be able to consider all aspects of what it would mean to employ that person.

I had to respect what the girls said, they gave good reasons for wanting to keep it the way it was.

I also had to consider what it would be like for a guy to start, sexual harassment was a real possibility, not for the girls, but for any guy that started.

It was obvious that a girl would fit in better than a guy, less likelihood of problems and for the girls already employed they liked not having to deal with the problems that are so often present in mixed work places.

I also feel that is something that is being well over done, a lot of what is called gender discrimination is not, it is a matter of preference and if an owner of a company has a preference to fill a certain job with a particular gender they should be able to.

Why should a company be forced to employ a female to fill a job that requires physical strength when a male is obviously better suited for that.

Why should I be forced to employ a male over a female when my staff have expressed they would prefer a female and I can see that employing a male may create problems.

And I will say here that if it happened that my staff had ended up all males and they asked the same thing, I will have given that the same respect.

"Not this Generation"...So this is why women in NZ still get paid 30% less for the same exact job? I was raised in a male oriented religion. My Gamma had more bible knowledge (Jehovah's Witness) than any of the priests or elders. When I asked why she wasn't an Elder...ANSWER: Because women are not allowed to be Elders, I'm in 'this' generation. But I was only taught how to cook, clean, sew, do laundry and serve a future 'husband', the old "Barefoot and Pregnant in the Kitchen" attitude I though went out after the 50's. And this is still going on..TODAY... And I was using the 'Cry like a Woman" reference sarcastically because that what men say when they want to insult someone. When I claimed my preference in life I was outcast from everyone (even my own family) because I dared to go against what Men have decried.

Just recently in the USA... Pretty much the only reason Trump was elected was for one reason, they had no choice...The MALE population could not put up with a Woman President. Britain had a woman prime mister (equal to President) for years, Here in NZ we had a woman prime minister for 14 years. As long as the "Powers That Be" are Men (which is Forever). There will never be equality in the world. In some places in the world if a woman shows her face or hair she is publicly whipped. There is your equality. So don't piss on me and tell me its raining.

Okay first, I am sorry to hear that you were treated like that. It's a shame in our time that such bullshit still happens.

And then don't get rude on me ok? I only want to discuss with you that discriminate men is not good for equality.

Someone have to start with it, or it will go on and on. Do you want your kids to be treated like that? I guess not.

We all should show our childrens that this is not the way.

And you should have read my second post on this. I know that some countrys and familys are still that behind of time.

But it grows the equality of genders.

That Trump was elected for president is for two reasons:

First: Clinton i a great feminist and a sexism person.

And second: Trump said what the people wanted to hear. That's why he was elected.

It has nothing to do with gender. Maybe for some stupid men, like I said. There are still some idiots who think women has to stand in the kitchen.

But most people in the USA just voted blindly for him.

(Lil edit here: Even women voted for him, because they didn't wanted such a sexism person as clinton is)

So please, don't hate all males and try to insult them. There are some idiots, but there are also many great guys who would treat you normal.

And if you want to discriminate men, you are nothing better than a men who discriminated you.

I can understand if you have revenge in your heart, but that is not the right way. As i said earlier. Revenge only follows with more revenge.

giphy.gif

• We can not achieve "equality and understanding" if we are supporting "division", the two concepts are not compatible.

Feminism is about empowering women, not giving women power over men. My personal thoughts and view ♡

equality
      ɪˈkwɒlɪti,iːˈkwɒlɪti/
      noun
      noun: equality; plural noun: equalities
      1. 1.
        the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, or opportunities.
        synonyms: fairness, justness, equitability, impartiality, even-handedness, egalitarianism, equal rights, equal opportunitiesnon-discrimination; More
      2. 2.
        Mathematics
        a symbolic expression of the fact that two quantities are equal; an equation.

And if you want to discriminate men, you are nothing better than a men who discriminated you.
I can understand if you have revenge in your heart, but that is not the right way. As i said earlier. Revenge only follows with more revenge.

tumblr_nwvfvvhItZ1uiekxro1_500.gif