#1 RobT

RobT

Lesbian Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,422 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 May 2017 - 05:44 PM

ive been asked by a few friends what the difference is between veterans day and memorial day. In a nutshell veterans day is pretty much honoring those who serve or have served while memorial day honors those who have given there lives in doing so

as i am being respectful in this thread i would hope it doesnt become political. this thread isnt about why or how we  were in battles, just honoring those who have passed doing so.   i will copy my post from my diary...

This is dedicated to all the fallen brothers and sisters who paid the ultimate sacrifice to protect our freedom . you may not be here in body but your spirit remains in all of us for eternity

• Dallas, chaostika, ChiK73 and 4 others like this

#2 RobT

RobT

Lesbian Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,422 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 May 2017 - 05:52 PM

let me just say this goes for everyone, in every country. No matter what you believe or why you fought. Its important to remember those who paid the ultimate sacrifice defending your country

• Dallas, ChiK73, KYUSS and 1 other like this

#3 KYUSS

KYUSS

Sometimes I wonder - just like my sis!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Location[Fresh|Air] Parachute Patch: initialized

Posted 28 May 2017 - 06:21 PM

And once i'm one of them that asked ya - i'll also just copy my post out of your diary, Sir.
 vietnam-veterans-memorial-boots-purple-h

A [Memorial Day] in what country and or nation ever, isn't just about honoring your veterans, i'ts honoring those, who lost their lives and sacrificed it also for you! Veterans had the fortune of coming home. For us, that's a reminder of when we come home - we still have a responsibility! It's a continuation of service that honors us and those ... who fell defending it!

• Dallas, ChiK73 and RobT like this

#4 Camden

Camden

Queen of Everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 03:11 AM

My first crush lost his life in war. He was much too old for me but he was the sweetest boy I knew. He took pity on this goof and indulged my comic rantings and tutored me in math. He made me go from boys are gross to marriage fantasies. While my dad is a veteran who served and would again. That is just who he is. So yeah, I get the difference. RIP to all of our fallen soldiers, gone but never forgotten.
  • Dallas, KYUSS and RobT like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users