3DXChat Community

How in the hell

TheMeaganG90

Not to hijack the thread, but I was wondering something slightly on this topic...

If you glitch at the original beach you can run around the island as freely as you can on the correct side of the invisible wall. But, outside your house, you need targets to get the avi to move there - isn't there a code that can be altered to change that eg. Copy whatever instructions off the original island code for movement and intergrate it into the clone rooms?

.....and wait for an inevitable crash :D

The Beach is a place like your room. So you can move around. The beach at your apartment is background (not a place). You are in a 3D cube or sphere. So nothing has the properties of a "room". The dev could extend the room to mountains and beach. To what extend, I don't know. 

Yer, kind if a shame that. The club was the busiest room usually, but now its like a waiting room at a suicide sanctuary.

I couldn't tell exactly but I thought the music was the same in the original and the clone room. Just wish some of the amazing creations people have done to their house rooms would be more popular :)

I think it would be great if the house room threshold could be extended, maybe add some other items to use like floor panels and walls instead of using beds and tables. Be almost like second life, but maybe a tad better in that regard. More options, more customers!

The music is -exactly- the same. Everything is -exactly- the same... right down to the people dancing and mostly not actually having sex.

Why go... and not nightclub or yacht or whatever... I don't know... my guess is that the feeling is that the context is different.

Personally speaking... I hate that functionality in the dlls... lots of people put real time and effort into their rooms and these beautiful creations deserve to be admired loved and used.

In your room 1... the beach is backdrop and doesn't have the same triggers and collision detection... so if you want to go wandering there... you have to put down points for people to walk to.

An extra room as well, especially with a garage and/or stair case. Just more levels, like a real house. Basement? Gallery? Veranda? GARDEN!....With, as you rightly say, floor plans and maybe even some fun things like conveyor belts, symbians, whatever...more options, more fun :)

The music is -exactly- the same. Everything is -exactly- the same... right down to the people dancing and mostly not actually having sex.

Why go... and not nightclub or yacht or whatever... I don't know... my guess is that the feeling is that the context is different.

Personally speaking... I hate that functionality in the dlls... lots of people put real time and effort into their rooms and these beautiful creations deserve to be admired loved and used.

This "rooms" are often with a theme...the club gets "slut" in its name...so peoples looking for a quick fuck go to this kind of room. About the yacht and the beach,two friends of mine have opennedthem for women only...because these public rooms are too often the place of colders...And yes it is not funny to be cold each minute. 

If you glitch at the original beach you can run around the island as freely as you can on the correct side of the invisible wall. But, outside your house, you need targets to get the avi to move there - isn't there a code that can be altered to change that eg. Copy whatever instructions off the original island code for movement and intergrate it into the clone rooms?

That's actually pretty easy. The TerrainCollider just needs to be added to the allowed list for mouse clicks processing :)

Guest Fuwakumi

I don't know about you but my room is being constructed in a manner that you could walk anywhere you want to. Having the free walking to any direction is always a plus. I don't use point objects for people to use to get somewhere. That's no good for me. :(

I agree if only we could use a cube that doesn't glow as a means for flooring. That will make things much simpler for my room. :(

I just wonder about the difference between the official Nightclub and the Public Restrooms. Even the music is similar. The only difference i can see is that one is full and one empty.:-)

Think it has something to do with the sex here, in some public zone there some who find public sex offensive. Might sound odd given this is a sex chat sim but there is, there a reason why people on public beach swim to the island or have sex over behind the rocks. In the user rooms there usually a more relaxed attitude forward public sex in a lot user rooms, think it's big part reason why user rooms are getting more popular than most public zones lately.

So basically think has to do with people who want freedom to have sex where they want sometimes, prefer going to user rooms over public zones to avoid getting frowned upon or risk getting an ignore from someone disgruntled about it. At least that would be my guess because they are in many ways same except room title and sometimes the music.

Guest Fuwakumi

Think it has something to do with the sex here, in some public zone there some who find public sex offensive. Might sound odd given this is a sex chat sim but there is, there a reason why people on public beach swim to the island or have sex over behind the rocks. In the user rooms there usually a more relaxed attitude forward public sex in a lot user rooms, think it's big part reason why user rooms are getting more popular than most public zones lately.

So basically think has to do with people who want freedom to have sex where they want sometimes, prefer going to user rooms over public zones to avoid getting frowned upon or risk getting an ignore from someone disgruntled about it. At least that would be my guess because they are in many ways same except room title and sometimes the music.

Had to agree. That's most likely the reason for that. Yup :)

HAHHAaaaaaa, yep that makes sense! :) Sex zombies. But fair enough. I think you all make a good point. Question is, will it change again in time? For better or worse? I feel like how it is now is not quite as good as it was before. I think.

have you never been in night club? they had sex everywhere back before it went empty. its the title. me and cathy fox ran a sort of test. opened a room, she did. first title was a boring name....   exact same room she named sluts or something and the room filled up quick. people respond to room names.

Was sorta the point i was getting at that rooms with those names attract people who feel it give them more sexual freedom, since more been gravitating forward user rooms like that than before. I think it also enhanced how sex in public zones are perceived by others, compared in old days night club back when was sex in public night club both in restroom and backrooms sometimes even dance floor.

EDIT: Think down side in long run might be that those who did not like users displaying sex out in public zones, may potentially end seeing those zones empty out in favor of the naughty named user rooms. But i guess only time will tell if that happens or not.

Guest Fuwakumi

have you never been in night club? they had sex everywhere back before it went empty. its the title. me and cathy fox ran a sort of test. opened a room, she did. first title was a boring name....   exact same room she named sluts or something and the room filled up quick. people respond to room names.

Yes I have thanks. :)

I noticed it last year. :P

People who were here in 2013 will remember that there was an unwritten rule prohibiting sex on the dance floor in the Night Club (not on the bar or in the VIP rooms and toilets, just the dance floor) but there was a controversy with a lot of "civil disobedience" (lol) and that rule was finally removed, although there were those who continued to grumble about people "having sex at their feet," particularly in the landing zones.  

So yes I imagine that there are some people who feel less inhibited about public sex when they are in a user room, but there certainly are no rules against it anyway.

Guest Twiggy

Actually at that time it was the majority of people that use to frequent NC thought that way.

It was only a hand full of people that insisted on being able to get right at your feet and have sex, very much another case of insisting others play their game.

I want to have sex right in front of you, so you just have to put up with it so I can kind of thing.

And I actually agree with Sage on this one, it was for quite some time very much an unwritten rule.

So I guess a lot of us, in fact most of us had tight asses in those days.

Guest Twiggy

its called trying to dictate peoples gameplay, its why it didnt work. when you pay someones sub you can tell them how to play. If its not in the written rules, its not a rule. If you dont like sex in a sex game thats your problem, its not like they stuck a cock under your nose

Yes I know that is the way you think, common courtesy isn't one of your better traits.

Isn't getting right at some ones feet and having sex very much telling them how to play their game.

Doing that knowing that their are people that object to it, don't like it, is dictating to their game.

I can have sex right in front of people in my own house in rl, it's my house my rules, but I won't out of common courtesy, even if I would want to.

Guest Twiggy

if you dont like what people are doing, hit that block button, its why its there and save the sanctimonious stuff for church.

lol, at that time the block button didn't work.

Guest Twiggy

You never do get it do you Rob, 3DX is not their house either and they are the ones making the choice to do something they know others do not like.

It is very simple, there are places provided for sex, why not use them and know you are not interfering with someone elses game.

People who chose to do things that they know others are likely to object to are the ones making the choice, they are the ones choosing to ignore other peoples wishes.

If they insist of having sex on the dance floor, why right next to someone, why not move when asked to.

It is because they want to force their own desires on others.

It is no big problem now, as we can just simply hit the iggy, but back then when iggy didn't work it was a problem.

Guest Twiggy

oh, glad to see you put your root canal off to come back and answer me, but I think you better go and get it, with all the shit you talk it may get infected.

if you dont like what people are doing, hit that block button, its why its there and save the sanctimonious stuff for church.

You totally missed the point, which was that even though there was plenty of public sex going on in other places, a significant percentage of players preferred not to have sex on the dance floor in Sin Club, to the point that it was considered an unwritten rule. There was nothing sanctimonious about it, and when a poll was held that revealed a majority of players preferred that sex be allowed everywhere, the "unwritten rule" was abolished.