3DXChat Community

2.0 Shutdown

Guest Fuwakumi

Guest Fuwakumi

Does anyone know when 2.0 will be shutdown? Recently I keep getting "Lost Connection" while working on my room in 2.0. So I don't know if it's in the process of being shutdown just moments ago from posting this thread. Anyone know? :(

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but despite the fact that 1.0 is officially shutdown, you can still connect to the server with it if you have the old client, can't you? At least, I have seen some comments that seemed to imply that.

My point is that the server has been wonky lately for everyone, which I don't think it has anything to do with whether you are using 2.0 or 2.5.

FWIW

only

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but despite the fact that 1.0 is officially shutdown, you can still connect to the server with it if you have the old client, can't you? At least, I have seen some comments that seemed to imply that.

If you used a certain DLL.

2.0 and 2.5 are pretty much the same game as far as the server is concerned, there is no way to shut down 2.0 specifically.

The only reason you can't login into 1.0 any more (officially) is that the login procedure has been changed in 2.0.

Guest Fuwakumi

Oh, gotcha ok. :)

Well I went ahead and finally left 2.0 for 2.5. The EU proxy was the issue so I switched to US direct. Now no more lost connection.

YAY! :D

It was from another post where I read that.

They'll probably mention that 2.5 is out of "beta" in a few months without adding/changing anything and just force everyone to switch to it, after which we'll wait for another 6 months for a couple of new animations and a pair shoes or something. It's comical.