46 replies to this topic

#21 AlexRyder

AlexRyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:42 AM

And apparently the devs better have people loose their stuff than have a saving tool available ]:->

#22 Guest_Fuwakumi_*

Guest_Fuwakumi_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:03 PM

And apparently the devs better have people loose their stuff than have a saving tool available ]:->

Is that why your thread is gone? :(

#23 gizmo

gizmo

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 746 posts
  • Location3DXChat

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:12 PM

AlexRyder, don't get mad, your topic was hidden because theoretically your utility can collect user data (email, password).

In the next patch there will be added an option to save and load room stuff to file from the Home Editor.

Also guys, don't use your email and password from 3DXChat in third party apps or tools. It's completely not safe. Take care of your safety.

• Lisa, Rufien, chloe and 5 others like this

#24 Guest_Fuwakumi_*

Guest_Fuwakumi_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:15 PM

AlexRyder, don't get mad, your topic was hidden because theoretically your utility can collect user data (email, password).

In the next patch there will be added an option to save and load room stuff to file from the Home Editor.
Also guys, don't use your email and password from 3DXChat in third party apps or tools. It's completely not safe. Take care of your safety.

And there you have it. Thanks Gizmo!! :D :D :D :D
  • OliU likes this

#25 AlexRyder

AlexRyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:21 PM

I'm not mad, though I admit I'm slightly annoyed that that happened without any notice or acknowledgement. Not sure how it stands against the EULA since it's a separate app and not a mod. But I can assure it does not collect any personal data and only stores the login credentials in the registry, right next to 3dxChat's folder.

It should be pretty easy to look into the code to check if it does anything malicious. I can send you the sources if you want :)

• chloe likes this

#26 Guest_Fuwakumi_*

Guest_Fuwakumi_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:25 PM

Yeah as soon as I tried to open Alex's app, my computer said "Nope...I don't know this app and I can't find any creditentials that I recognize and is considered safe. Not happening. Have a nice day honey."

And that message (although not writen out like that, but the info I needed to know is there) didn't even reach my security scans because Windows 10 Alienware version stopped it completely before the scans can start. My friend who was over last night to check it immediately said the same thing about being unsafe. The warnings were all over my screen. :(

To some of you who used the app and managed to get it working, I'm wondering if your systems has enough protection from things like these. Don't get me wrong Alex, I'm not saying your program is unsafe, but well...I can't argue with my machine.

#27 GeorgeGr

GeorgeGr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:26 PM

I still believe that this thing should be made in a stand-alone app because there have been cases where room editor won't open at all or has huge delays when the room is "crashed" completely..

#28 AlexRyder

AlexRyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:32 PM

@Fuwakumi, some anti-viruses are more paranoid than the others, or may be configured differently. Also, Windows will always complain about files downloaded from random places without known certificates.

#29 Guest_Fuwakumi_*

Guest_Fuwakumi_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

@Fuwakumi, some anti-viruses are more paranoid than the others, or may be configured differently. Also, Windows will always complain about files downloaded from random places without known certificates.

Well regardless Alex. I'm aware that was the case after last night. But there is no way around that with what I'm using. :(

It's fine though since Gizmo says that function will be added on next patch. So you should pat yourself on the back for inspiring that move. Or I could pat your back for you. :wub:

#30 gizmo

gizmo

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 746 posts
  • Location3DXChat

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:38 PM

New Home Editor features preview

B4HuUYq.png

• chloe, darkangel, OliU and 6 others like this

#31 Guest_Fuwakumi_*

Guest_Fuwakumi_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:09 PM

B4HuUYq.png

YAY!! :D :D :D :D

Gizmo you're awesome! :wub:
  • gizmo likes this

#32 Sakuya

Sakuya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:25 PM

B4HuUYq.png

Yeah good job. /s
Now give me my old one back please!

#33 Guest_Fuwakumi_*

Guest_Fuwakumi_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:59 PM

Yeah good job. /s
Now give me my old one back please!

:(

(Hugs Sakuya)

#34 DarrenD

DarrenD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • LocationMilano, Italy

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:04 PM

I'm not mad, though I admit I'm slightly annoyed that that happened without any notice or acknowledgement. Not sure how it stands against the EULA since it's a separate app and not a mod. But I can assure it does not collect any personal data and only stores the login credentials in the registry, right next to 3dxChat's folder.
It should be pretty easy to look into the code to check if it does anything malicious. I can send you the sources if you want :)

and I'm happy to be able to use it, and if it's only for the short???? period waiting for the new patch ...

#35 AlexRyder

AlexRyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:08 PM

Well, you know where to find the alternatives in the mean time. Which have been updated with new features :)

#36 Guest_Fuwakumi_*

Guest_Fuwakumi_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

and I'm happy to be able to use it, and if it's only for the short???? period waiting for the new patch ...

Now I'm wondering if it's going to appear in this coming patch or the following patch? Because Lisa has not said in her last post as part of the list to appear.

#37 Guest_Fuwakumi_*

Guest_Fuwakumi_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:13 PM

Well, you know where to find the alternatives in the mean time. Which have been updated with new features :)

New features?

#38 AlexRyder

AlexRyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:15 PM

New features?

Nothing too fancy  :rolleyes:

#39 Guest_Fuwakumi_*

Guest_Fuwakumi_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:17 PM

Nothing too fancy  :rolleyes:

I guess you won't share it? :)

Ok :P

#40 AlexRyder

AlexRyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:18 PM

It's posted on the same forum we're not supposed to mention here  :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lost room, known issue, room reset, bug, lost my room

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users