3DXChat Community

It's too late I've waited enough for the properties to load back but it didn't came back.. And It's not my internet speeds fault I have 100mbps up and downstream stable connection. It's server's latency issue and I could not wait for hours just for it. I know there is no solution to bring the room back. I did not open this topic to ask for help from devs either but to put it in their eyes that this is a KNOWN ISSUE and somebody should do something about this already.

Import/export layout would be very easy to code for junior developers even for example.. *grins*

-Anyways, Thank you LovelyBritney

just x out of game and log back in, usually when you see the sand looking crap on your floor its just because room hasnt loaded correctly. has happened to me a few times and i just xed out and was fine . im sure it has something to do with the server acting odd today (if the other thread is correct)

Too late Rob. ;) I already did teleported to other places I've waited for the load but it did not come back so when I left it considered as a NEW SAVE as it is blank. Still I did not re-lunch to the game but I don't think it's there anymore.

Guest Mulan

I read in another topic that people were having problems connecting today. That could also be related, the rooms may not be loading fully. Give it some time and it should come back.

I read in another topic that people were having problems connecting today. That could also be related, the rooms may not be loading fully. Give it some time and it should come back.

True that. I'm not the only one today I hear. But still this is not our problem. They should allow us to import/export just in case.

Sorry to hear that!!!

I think the only viable thing to do is to really save your room using ... well yes ... Alex' mod.

If you've invested hours in crafting, you should always backup your work. Too late now ofc ...

A shame, there's no save option in game.

It's too late I've waited enough for the properties to load back but it didn't came back.. And It's not my internet speeds fault I have 100mbps up and downstream stable connection. It's server's latency issue and I could not wait for hours just for it. I know there is no solution to bring the room back. I did not open this topic to ask for help from devs either but to put it in their eyes that this is a KNOWN ISSUE and somebody should do something about this already.

Import/export layout would be very easy to code for junior developers even for example.. *grins*

You can find hacks to Save and Load the house layout as a workaround

Guest Ayon

Kinksters I think you are correct and hopefully the Dev's will look into this in soon as its seems more like a code bug than just server/internet lag.

Yesterday I logged into 1.0 to work on a room that I had just been in within 2.5 and it was gone. (its was a saved file luckily) It was the first time I had seen that happen.

I am sure the Devs will have this error on their list of things to do :)

Guest Ayon

Hi hear that "at the place we do not speak of"....there is now a way to "Save and Load" rooms in 2.5.

Everybody are talking about there are mods/hacks about exporting the room layouts but there is nothing I could find in this forum about it. Is there really any solid material? If yes please share the link because there are dozen of people need this mod already. Thank you.

Guest Fuwakumi

And apparently the devs better have people loose their stuff than have a saving tool available ]:->

Is that why your thread is gone? :(

AlexRyder, don't get mad, your topic was hidden because theoretically your utility can collect user data (email, password).

In the next patch there will be added an option to save and load room stuff to file from the Home Editor.

Also guys, don't use your email and password from 3DXChat in third party apps or tools. It's completely not safe. Take care of your safety.

Guest Fuwakumi

AlexRyder, don't get mad, your topic was hidden because theoretically your utility can collect user data (email, password).

In the next patch there will be added an option to save and load room stuff to file from the Home Editor.

Also guys, don't use your email and password from 3DXChat in third party apps or tools. It's completely not safe. Take care of your safety.

And there you have it. Thanks Gizmo!! :D :D :D :D

I'm not mad, though I admit I'm slightly annoyed that that happened without any notice or acknowledgement. Not sure how it stands against the EULA since it's a separate app and not a mod. But I can assure it does not collect any personal data and only stores the login credentials in the registry, right next to 3dxChat's folder.

It should be pretty easy to look into the code to check if it does anything malicious. I can send you the sources if you want :)

Guest Fuwakumi

Yeah as soon as I tried to open Alex's app, my computer said "Nope...I don't know this app and I can't find any creditentials that I recognize and is considered safe. Not happening. Have a nice day honey."

And that message (although not writen out like that, but the info I needed to know is there) didn't even reach my security scans because Windows 10 Alienware version stopped it completely before the scans can start. My friend who was over last night to check it immediately said the same thing about being unsafe. The warnings were all over my screen. :(

To some of you who used the app and managed to get it working, I'm wondering if your systems has enough protection from things like these. Don't get me wrong Alex, I'm not saying your program is unsafe, but well...I can't argue with my machine.