"Failed to initialize Direct3D.
Make sure you have at least DirectX 9.0c installed, have drivers for your
graphics card and have not disabled 3D acceleration
in display settings.
InitializeEngineGraphics failed"

Anyone familiar with the solution??

"Failed to initialize Direct3D.

3 Test that your video card works:

In Windows open a "Run As.." dialog by holding the Windows Key + "R". When the dialog opens type "dxdiag" (without quotes) and press OK. Switch to the "Display" tab and verify that "DirectDraw Acceleration", "Direct3D Acceleration" and "AGP Texture Acceleration" are enabled.

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/10517/failed-to-initialize-3d-graphics.html

edit: i suppose it happened suddenly on an existing 3dx 2.5 version installation or a new install of the game and or windows? or, or or or?! anyway - good luck!

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/10517/failed-to-initialize-3d-graphics.html

edit: i suppose it happened suddenly on an existing 3dx 2.5 version installation or a new install of the game and or windows? or, or or or?! anyway - good luck!

i tried reinstalling the game but still same issue.... i restarted my pc it works for couple of seconds then it freezes where i have to force end the game using task manager and when i try to run the game afterwards the same error appears..

Yeah i have two... intel and nvidia any solutions?

Im running a PCI-E EGA Nvidia Geforce 640 card  (On-board graphics disabled via the BIOS) with shader version 3.0 also has 2GB video Ram

Running the standard drivers downloaded from the Nvidia site not the ones that came with the card.

But I'm also running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit... I refuse to go to new versions till absolutely necessary, I only dumped my XP Pro when the new motherboard I got didn't support it

i tried reinstalling the game but still same issue.... i restarted my pc it works for couple of seconds then it freezes where i have to force end the game using task manager and when i try to run the game afterwards the same error appears..

i never had to clean the registry at any reinstalls of the game installs i did, but some peeps really had to do that! theres a link somewhere here around in the forum how to do that. btw, reinstalled grafix card driver maybe?! sounds somehow more of that + dx :wacko: or windows totally vermorphed!?^^ i hope not n idk right know - if u have win seven or above - load a recovery point from a time where ur "setup" was working ... but i think that has to be enbaled or activated manually before (cant tell ya in win10) ... so yeah, looks for reg clean link - good luck n gn8

ps: run game as admin (forget it - worked before)

got it - powered by skype and thx to ash for saving lifetime^^
http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/2423-complete-game-wipe-from-a-machine/?p=146394

or manually

:)

Uninstall the game

Open Registry Editor
Go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/SexGameDevil"  right click that folder and delete it.
Close the Registry Editor

Reinstall the Game

(To access the registry editor, open the run command and type "regedit", or just type regedit in your search bar)

no guarantee!

^ did it harm your computer as this fix has been running for some time and I've seen techs use it at work. I mean yeah, you shouldn't be playing with or altering something when you aren't sure of what to do. The instructions are clear and it worked for me a few times.

Somewhat agree...was just doing a public service warning :)

If you have a massive amount of shit installed like I do, re-installing Windows is a major pain in the ass..and can take days.

Being able to import the saved reg depends on if you can still load Windows after you fuck with the registry :)

I'm just saying BE VERY CAREFUL if your not a techy person..

Guest RomanFox

I remember I had people with similar issues. Usually laptops.. that had Intel and nvidia/amd/ati graphics, at times the laptop would pick intel over the other... causing issues with graphical applications such as video games and stuff. Fixing that was usually related to bios/uefi settings that needed adjustments.

Pretty much why I always use a desktop for gaming, so you can stick a slotted video card in if the in-built on-board graphic are a total piece of shit. You don't have that option with a laptop. Your pretty much stuck with whatever they decided to stick in it (Intel graphics are the worst)

If the issue is because of intel inbuilt graphic conflicting with Nvidia this solution will force it to run Nvidia:

https://superuser.com/questions/525041/can-i-force-my-laptop-to-use-nvidia-instead-of-intel

Another solutions (if it's the problem):

Missing Direct X message on game boot
It seems that NVIDIAs new game sharing feature in GeForce Experience causes some Unity games 
to fail initialisation of DirectX when starting up.

If you get a message that the DirectX drivers cannot be found, 
and that you should re-install DirectX and you are running new NVIDIA drivers 
that supports the game sharing system, 
please try disabling "Allow friends to join my game play" in GeForce Experience settings.

I'm using a somewhat old Geforce, I have heard a lot of people say the new ones are quite buggy when it comes to games.

(knocks on wood I have no probs with 3DX) except the ones I have stated content wise

Can't say i noticed on my laptops GTX1060M on my laptop, maybe i just been lucky or something. That or it's a urban myth or some received a production faulty card.

Can't say i noticed on my laptops GTX1060M on my laptop, maybe i just been lucky or something. That or it's a urban myth or some received a production faulty card.

Its mostly the 900 Series I have heard the bitches about, maybe they wised up and fixed this with the 1000 series