3DXChat Community

3DXChat 2.5 Discussion/Suggestions topic

Gizmo

So much effort and items went into decorating the dressing room... and nothing except the leather couch can be used as a prop.. doesn't make sense after all this time.

Home 2 still has no landscape either...

Don't be annoyed Shanti! The DOT-FIVE version number shows, it's only a half-hearted upgrade. So we have to wait for five more intermediates to reach level 3! :P

They didn't give a lot of info about 2.5. Does your avatar, your x coins, your profile, extra characters, gifts, your subscription,   ect. ect. transfer over to 2.5? Do you have to do something extra to save them? Is your subscription the same,(price and renew date) ? A little more information about it would have been nice.

Guest Mulan

Personally I would just use 2.5. This is nothing like the transition from 1.0 to 2.0 where 2.0 was pretty unusable in the first two releases. 2.5 from what I have seen has a couple of minor bugs like F5. It is perfectly usable. I know people don't remember the past very well, but when 2.0 was first released, there were bug fixes 1-2 times a week and 2.0 quickly became stable and playable. The point is, the more people use 2.5 now the quicker more bugs will get found and be fixed. This is the best time to be reporting bugs.

I think VR took quite a while to develop and it is true that the amount of people who have VR is tiny and it is still debatable whether VR is something that will ever see mainstream use. Being an optimist, now that VR is kind of done, then now the devs can focus on all the other new stuff like poses.

Guest RosieKalifornia

This is the first update I've been involved in, mostly all's gone great but I have a couple of probs -

1 - When I try to visit my Room 1 I arrive in what appears to be a small dark room outside my room from which I cannot escape (I can see a blurry version of my room [which isn't dark] through a window!)

2 -  When I visit Love Island it, too, is blacked out although I can see others name tags and walk. Changing the light setting/time of day or increasing/decreasing my graphics settings has no effect. 

With this being a new update I'm a little unsure if I should seek to resolve these issues now or wait for bugs to be fixed.

Any help will be gratefully received, thank you x

1. I miss the F5 button: put it back please!

2. First person view is awful in most poses involving close contact with parner: see headless body or crazy bodies intersections.

3. Most of the first person poses works good with men's visual rather than girls and this should be improved.

4. It is crazy to rotate first person head by 360!

It's a not too bad update, as it is an update regardless.

But to me it feels more like a 2.1 update rather than a 2.5. As I feel there isn't enough content in this patch to justify the half way to next major version number. :)

It's good to have the VR! As it is a nice touch for immersion, but I do hope Patch 363/364 has much more content. As many crave content like clothes, poses, furniture, locations and stuff like that. So hopefully we can get a bit of all of it (+/- location as it may be a lot of work.) Also if we can get some wall click points added into our private apartment to try out the new poses as not all like to do sex stuff in the public locations.

But it is a good update, there is some bugs, some more severe than others so hope they get fixed very soon. Nice to finally have some new clothing items for men, even if it is just shoes. And a couple of shirts and shoes for the women and a new bikini.

Also it's nice you're bringing more expanded options to the game like prints on many clothes and able to colour textured objects like the jeans and such. It adds a much better customisation option. But I am a little sad a skin colour option wasn't added alongside it. Perhaps 363?

Overall I give this patch a 6/10 (As I don't have an Oculus Rift to test the main part of this patch) lacks a bit of content where it is more requested and some severe bugs have come out of the woodwork which are not too pretty. And can't use the main part of the update as it costs a bomb to buy an Oculus Rift headset. So only about 5-10% (That's pushing it) of the player base has one who this patch was more aimed at. Let's hope 363/364 will be better patches and has content the mass majority have requested. :)

1. I miss the F5 button: put it back please!

2. First person view is awful in most poses involving close contact with parner: see headless body or crazy bodies intersections.

3. Most of the first person poses works good with men's visual rather than girls and this should be improved.

4. It is crazy to rotate first person head by 360!

You can still do free cam just not with F5, if you go to camera click on fly cam then close camera again you have your free cam.

You can still do free cam just not with F5, if you go to camera click on fly cam then close camera again you have your free cam.

Thank you, I've seen the option into the upper left camera and have to say too many clicks for me. The camera window also covers part of the screen so, sometimes you have to close and reopen it many times to switch the view mode wihout missing part of your view and screen.  :)

Thank you, I've seen the option into the upper left camera and have to say too many clicks for me. The camera window also covers part of the screen so, sometimes you have to close and reopen it many times to switch the view mode wihout missing part of your view and screen.  :)

Yeah agree getting F5 back would be preferred, but was just posting it as a work around option if needed. Since since no dev  i guess has commented it's unsure if F5 cam will return or not :)

Yeah agree getting F5 back would be preferred, but was just posting it as a work around option if needed. Since since no dev  i guess has commented it's unsure if F5 cam will return or not :)

Indeed, rather than a workaround it makes me think is a choiche to put the option into the upper left camera. Btw i was also curious to see the "aperture" option that was disabled in 2.0 and removed in 2.5.  :)

I dislike Beta version which 3DXChat had released in the past.

Like tossing the coin where do the game would go.

This release made me feel more comfortable cause it run parallel with old version.

Totally, agreed with MrAsh's comment. What we got would be a little benefit from VR support.

It's future stuff which everyone will afford to buy it sooner or later. Smart move, game DEV.

Just want DEV & game developers' more explanation about new software update or beta game release.

Rather than having non-technical players blowing their horns of how good of new revision of this game.

Whilst they could not explain how cool of them we're about to play, technically.

Cheers,

VR Suggestions and Fixes:

1.)    Keep VR in third person. It may be ok for men, they do love to watch breasts bounce, but it is not in any way attractive to me. Looks awful.

nvNcOKa.png

ifqvZ1N.png

2.)    OR, put the free camera back in with our head on our avatar. Can make my own POV view if I want.

BF930to.png

h8kHHOX.png

3.)    Option to remove VR keyboard. Some of us can use the KB with our eyes closed if we need to.

4.)    Remove Space Bar as GUI/Head orientation. Cannot tell you had bad this sucks when typing with a KB.

That’s all I can think of for now. Even with those issues the game does look amazing in VR. Much kudos to you for that :)

-I Agree with all the above, along with the suggestions that the controls can be improved... I've noticed only one button is functioning on either the oculus touch controllers or the xbox controller...which is simply the select button. This results me in going back to using keyboard and mouse with my VR headset on. 

-Although it is more ideal to be using keyboard for chatting and mouse to control anyway, it would be nice if either/both the oculus touch controllers and the xbox controller can have a 'mouse-look' capability on the thumbsticks with head/menu-recentering position button.

-And I agree that an option to go 3rd-person while partnered up with someone would be nice as you get to see/watch more of the action, if you choose to do so (first person is pretty cool on select positions, and I think some VR 'eye-placements' (being that eyes will follow your head tracking placement) for more realistic body movements can be corrected in later updates). 

-Also a suggestion could be to have on the keyboard an auto-fill of most used words or preset responses (the VR keyboard itself is just not cutting it, too slow and tedious to type things out, especially when your trying to have a little fun ;P)

-And last but certainly not least, have there ever been any thoughts on adding voice chat??? I'm not talking about completely eliminating the keyboard/chat experience as this is very important for some users to RP and create alternate personas/avatars.  A VR social app that is available for free/beta at the moment is called VRChat and has a great example of how voice chat AND regular chat/keyboard can co-exist and users can still RP and not be obligated to voice chat if they do not desire to. Could this be something that can be done to 3dxchat?

I dont know if it has been posted in this topic or not, but would be lovely with lighting settings for the dressing room, cause right now, the light thats there is a very warm white, which makes it hard to get the exact color you want, it looks very different from the dressing room compared to when you go out into other locations

-And last but certainly not least, have there ever been any thoughts on adding voice chat??? I'm not talking about completely eliminating the keyboard/chat experience as this is very important for some users to RP and create alternate personas/avatars.  A VR social app that is available for free/beta at the moment is called VRChat and has a great example of how voice chat AND regular chat/keyboard can co-exist and users can still RP and not be obligated to voice chat if they do not desire to. Could this be something that can be done to 3dxchat?

I think the reason they don't bother with in game voice chat is there is a lot of third party software that can run in the background. Integrating someone else's software also has costs. Most people in this situation use Skype. I do like the idea of using the Oculus controllers. Would be fun for dancing being able to control your arms. Also I could slap some cold invite spammers. Just joking, I would not slap someone...perhaps Oculus could make a foot controler.

i think adding the ability to do wall poses against the room divider screens we can add to rooms would be an excellent addition.  Many times the walls of apartments are taken up by other things like couches or beds or etc....  Have the poses attached to the room dividers means we can have those anywhere in our room.  Thanks.