3DXChat Community

"Additional shadows" option

Pierrousss

Hey there,

I dont know which settings you use, but you should turn off  "additional shadows" option if you are having some lag issues in rooms. check your settings.

This option clearly causes lagging in some computers

Lili and Giz, it would be nice if you could remove this option since a lot of people are lagging in rooms, because they may have an older computer with graphic cards that can not handle it. Even some newer computers. anyways you know everyone use dll here, and mod rooms with much more than the limit of 7 lamps. ( fair enough with your night and cloudy mode)

cheers  ~ 

Music cause more surely lag than light if you had well configured your graphic cards. I use a 6 years old computer and I mute music when there is lag. Some servers (private music) use too much brandwith...it causes some troubles. Think of this when you are djing. 

Why should they remove it since there is option to disable it if you want ?  Heh ? :huh:

i dont have any lags with or without this option granny :) but many people have lags so i try to help you understand ? and its boring to explain everytime to disable this thing. i just advice people to turn it off

get it granny ?

The option should stay and people just need to disable it. Unless there is a fix for it from the devs that will come with the next update. I mean if you are hosting it could be a generic message "if you experience lag turn off.... or check your settings" easy to include in a welcome message. Shadows make things a tad bit more realistic as it is odd standing in the sun and having no shadow.

I like the idea of separating the really high end options, maybe grouping them?  A lot of things automatically "uncheck" (I think) if you choose a lower overall graphics setting, but it also robs you of other things that make the game look good but aren't as "heavy" (clearly not a comp. expert here lol).  So if the options that make the game look super pretty and are resource heavy were bunched together, or maybe added an asterisk to them that said, "you need a new-ish computer to these options".  Something like that sounds feasible in my books.

It should stay as it is a graphical option. :)

If you lag, then just turn it off. (The people that do lag) I have never really heard anyone make a suggestion to remove a graphics option before. Especially as it is a toggleable feature. *Thinking face*

Personally , i uncheck :

Additional shadows 

the SSID thing ( causing a lot of lag for my old computer bough in 2010 )

water reflextion

I use also the simple water option ( due to the awesome lag the 2.0 water create )

with all this , i lag only when a room is over crowded and in the rooms with a heavy amount of stuff lights and all these things in it