3DXChat Community

Barbecuing, and the effect it has on us.

Laina

Alright, seriously.  When you barbecue perfection... and you reek (although I'm not sure reek is revered enough of a word for this) of charcoal, mesquite, and burgers....  How does one keep themselves from self-cannibalism?  I mean, seriously....  I can't be the only person who changes afterward... and then you're doing laundry, and suddenly get an impulse to devour your shirt you happened to have been wearing at that particular moment.

There's just something about a good grilling that makes everything else go on standby for a moment.

Obviously, cooking, particularly grilling, is one of my escapes and hobbies.  Anyone else share a common relation to their own hobbies?  Something that leaves a lasting feeling of bliss (in my book, bliss being defined as the scent of charcoal, wood infusion, and charred or broiled to perfection meat and vegetables.)?

Ciao,

-L

Alright, seriously.  When you barbecue perfection... and you reek (although I'm not sure reek is revered enough of a word for this) of charcoal, mesquite, and burgers....  How does one keep themselves from self-cannibalism?  I mean, seriously....  I can't be the only person who changes afterward... and then you're doing laundry, and suddenly get an impulse to devour your shirt you happened to have been wearing at that particular moment.

There's just something about a good grilling that makes everything else go on standby for a moment.

Obviously, cooking, particularly grilling, is one of my escapes and hobbies.  Anyone else share a common relation to their own hobbies?  Something that leaves a lasting feeling of bliss (in my book, bliss being defined as the scent of charcoal, wood infusion, and charred or broiled to perfection meat and vegetables.)?

Ciao,

-L

You're the rare girl i know having and loving BBQ hobby...normally it's a guy thing

You're the rare girl i know having and loving BBQ hobby...normally it's a guy thing

Clearly you underestimate the ability of delicious food being able to trigger an endorphin rush.  The smell of barbecue, the taste, everything about it is positively orgasmic in it's very nature.  Why I'd say BBQ goes right up there alongside hockey and sex.

Cheers,

-L

Let me suggest you a succulent plate to try on your BBQ ...if you like fish

sardines on grill ;)

Quite an enthralling suggestion, if I do say so myself... and then, completely contradictory to that statement, I'd have to mention that I'm actually not very inclined to the taste of most fish.  There's only two ways I actually enjoy the taste of fish.  One is battered and deep-fried, and the other is grilled on a pine plank with a bit of lemon.

That being said, I also don't attempt to cook fish often.  I've deep-fried catfish before, and that's literally the extent of my experience in terms of cooking fish.

Heh,

-L

Guest Mulan

I love barbeques. However, the smell that gets on my clothing and my skin after the fact does not get me in the mood for self-cannibalism or devouring my unlaundered clothes into a frenzied fetish because the smell of myself and my clothes after a BBQ turns my stomach.