3DXChat Community

Client stops receiving information from server

Dande

Hi !

So after around 2-3 years of playing with no issues 3dx suddently became unstable. I connect to 3dx (tried both US and EU) and after around 1 minute or less I stop getting messages form people and I don;t see anyone moving, the weird thing is, people still get my messages and I can load people profiles perfectly and I never get disconnected. This specific issue started to happen after I reinstalled windows 10 and changed wireless adapter in my PC, but everything else works fine, internet speed is as high as ever and there is no latency issues anywhere this isue only happens with 3dx. I hope somone can help :)

Best,

Dande.

This specific issue started to happen after I reinstalled windows 10 and changed wireless adapter in my PC, but everything else works fine, internet speed is as high as ever and there is no latency issues anywhere this isue only happens with 3dx. I hope somone can help :)

I was guessing WIFI before evn opening the thread^^ then read RESINSTALL OF W10 and hmm, well - lill boozed here and marie with her cuite gilfriend jane is also here - surley others will have an idea and or solution for you. ((Cause  I wont  even, dare think of, of even mentioning the words of a clean Win installation (one day) damn, it did and f'#k, i got and i'm geeeetttttiing lost in these things here ))))))))) 

Anyways, good luck, livecheers and may the force be with ya.

The Prodigy - Omen (Official Video)

This specific issue started to happen after I reinstalled windows 10 and changed wireless adapter in my PC, but everything else works fine, internet speed is as high as ever and there is no latency issues anywhere 

This is a stab in the dark, but are you using a VPN or any other software that affects your Internet connection?  I recently had a similar problem with my laptop after installing a VPN. Everything was working perfectly well for a couple weeks, and then all of sudden 3DX and some other sites became very very slow and unstable.

It turned out that the problem was I had inadvertently turned my wireless connection on, and the VPN started to go through the wireless connection instead of through the LAN cable. Once I turned the wireless connection off, everything went back to the way it was.

Your problem is probably different, but the point is just to check and recheck everything thoroughly until you find the problem, because the cause is probably just something that you haven't reset properly. 

Good luck.

S.

When you say "I don't see anyone moving" I am reading it as a windows 10 bug (freeze) & there is lots of these bugs. You can try a windows command prompt (window key + x) in prompt type netsh winsock reset - press enter. Then restart computer. Also where Sage Stoner mentions "Software that affects internet connection" has a junkyard of installed software that conflicts with Windows 10. Even with a winsock reset & a clean boot your problem might still sit in the installed windows software. Beyond what I have mentioned & rechecking how your plugged in leaves only your ability to cross reference bug reports on all the software that came with your Windows 10 & removing software you deem might be the issue... Cheers & good luck!!!