3DXChat Community

Stopping Chat Auto scroll

Deeborah

Hello,

Does someone know a way to stop (temporary)  the auto scroll of the chat that happens when someone write a new pm.

Even holding the Left button active on the lift doesn't prevent it from going down.

This is so hard when you want to stick back to a local chat communication reading the previous lines, that I dream from time to time of being able to do this in a temporary way and not get an headache :angry: .

Don't think there is a way or at least I haven't found one yet, but it would be a useful feature to be able to stop the chat without it scrolling down.

The best thing you can do is extend it fully and take a screenshot and read it from there if you can't have it moving at all... guess that's the best option we have now

Ok thank you all for your answer.  ;)

The best I found is holding the left button and when it auto goes down, if you slighlty move the mouth left and right you come back "more or less" at same level of discussion.

Screen shot is a possible turn arround that's right thank you. You just must hope someone doesnt pm a line when you click the screenshot button  :D  :D

Guest SilverSurfer

Hi Deeborah,

I believe the default history for chat is 20 messages but the tweak gives you many more, like 50 chat history to scroll back.

It doesn't solve your problem but it might give you a way to look farther back.

Just a thought

as someone already mentioned, just use a screensaver program, when you click print screen it freezes the screen, then read and hit esc and scroll down and do again. Not a great way to do it but currently really the only way unless its one or 2 people talking, then block them until you are caught up reading and then unblock

Robs a expert at blocking people.

Well, I've changed it so that auto scroll disables when you scroll up and re-enables only when you scroll back to the very bottom  :)

So you'll just have to wait some more (probably more)  :rolleyes:

You're teasing ! ;)